here bis a sweet little problem with encoding divx

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sepa
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

here bis a sweet little problem with encoding divx

Post by sepa »

Im on a different computer than the one Ive been trying on

when I select "MPEG Layer 3" for my audio, it doesnt have any *hz, etc.. to click on.
So if you just click MPEG Layer 3 and leave it, when you go back into compression it has change back to default.

Im guessing the MPEG Layer 3 stuff isnt on this computer, is this correct and where can I get it from?
sepa
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by sepa »

I installed the LAME stuff and and it shows the different HZ now but none of it says LAME and none of them are 64kb/s.
sepa
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by sepa »

I wanted to dump this up,
Ive been messing with it all day and still havent figured out why I dont get 64kbs
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I know what you mean.

Do you have any other mp3 codecs installed on your computer? The bitrates will be the same for all the mp3 codecs, I think 8 kb / s is the one you are looking for. As far as a hz selection, look at your list. The higher hz will appear at the top. If you are trying to reencode at 22khz for stereo, look down thorugh the menu until the bitrates begin to repeat themselves. THis will be the 22khz selection. 41khz will be the very top of the list. Remember you can use the conversion tool for this too. I know this is vauge but I don't have my copy of vdub in front of me.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.