Game Boy Advance Games

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Game Boy Advance Games

Post by ZacMc »

I bought myself a GBA yesterday. The only game I have is Sonic Advance (it's great). I want to get a couple more games before my family's LONG drive to Colorado (~17hrs). Can someone reccomend some good games for GBA? Are there any good RPG's?

-Zac
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

If you want an excellent RPG try Golden Sun!

Also Advance Wars is quite sublime.
Last edited by The Kron_ on Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I started a similar topic here and got some decent responses.

As for RPGs, the 2 Zelda games are good, but they are Game Boy Color and the graphics are kinda lame. I am playing Oracle of Seasons now.
Proveaux
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Proveaux »

The Kron wrote: If you want an excellent RPG try Golden Sun !
Golden Sun :!: :D
Chaoticbrad
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Chaoticbrad »

Golden Sun! That is a kickass game for GBA. Advance Wars is good too. Try Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 if you like skateboarding games, it gets boring after a while though. MegaMan Battle Network is a pretty good RPG, it's unique. That's all I know of -right now- that are good. :)
Hey coffee boy, make me some tea with eight sugars! Then throw it out and make it again
because it's just not sweet enough! Then throw that out and make me some coffee because
I hate tea!
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

Breath of Fire is another good RPG

Super Mario Advance 2 is Super Mario World for the SNES, which is the best 2D Mario game. It has extra features, such as play as Luigi with his high jumping abilities. :wink:
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Golden Sun, Advance Wars and Castlevania: COTM are 3 of the best games I've played on *any* system for ages - if you got the cash for all 3 I can almost guarantee you won't regret getting all of them...

btw, multiplayer on one GBA in Advance Wars? It doesnt get better than that for killing long periods of time :D

if you're on more of a budget hunt down those GBC games - both the new zeldas are excellent (and developed by Capcom :o ) and I have a soft spot for both Mario Golf and Tennis - but if you have ever wondered what a professional monkey boxing tournament run by the Yakuza would be like (I know I have), try and track down a copy of Super Monkey Puncher on GBC - it is possibly the strangest (but addictive) and most unintentionally hilarious games I have ever played...

Hey, I happen to like playing GBC games on my GBA - I pretend its a GB emu :)
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Thanks for the responses ;) I think I'll get Golden Sun and maybe a few GBC games from the used video game store. Hopefully I can find Zelda or FF legends/adventure used for cheap. Mario Woreld Advance looks cool but I'm not sure that I want to shell out $40 for a game that I've already beaten a few times.
Nyarlathotep wrote:Hey, I happen to like playing GBC games on my GBA - I pretend its a GB emu
:lol:

Well I'm off to find a site that has some GBA roms so I can try 'em before I buy.

-Zac
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by biohazard »

Get Fire Pro Wrestling A! It is one of the best wrestling games I've ever played! YES! That is not a typo! It can compete with the console wrestling games too! It has create a wrestler and premade WWF wrestlers! (The Rock is known as "The Salesman" Joe Morici in FPW, for example, and he wears blue tights) It is not a licenced WWF game, however, but that doesn't matter. You can create 73 of your own wrestlers, too! This is one of the top 5 wrestling games of all time in my opinion.
Who dares, wins.
therealyoshi
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by therealyoshi »

castlevania circle of the moon is a really good game.
it's just too bad that it's just, too dark.
Dark_Zero
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dark_Zero »

If you haven't played Breath of Fire (or even if you have)get it.It's a really great fairly long game.This is one of the best RPGs for SNES. *remembers back to the days of SNES*
*starts to cry*
*wipes his tear hoping no one saw him*
anyway...it's really hard to find classics like that nowadays.I'd use ZSNES but my dad thinks any form of a game will screw up the computer(:?:)
I used to have my own computer (the OLD family computer)but my dad did something to it while I was gone and now it won't work at all.(WTF Why would he use my computer when he had a brand new one? I asked him but he wouldn't tell me)I had the computer for about 1 week. :cry:
I've tried getting him get it fixed, but he won't.
Another useless post Brought to you by DarkZero
Boogerman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boogerman »

biohazard wrote: Get Fire Pro Wrestling A! It is one of the best wrestling games I've ever played!
have you played Fire Pro D on DC?

Anyways, Mario advance 2 goes without saying as a port of Mario World as being fantastic.
It only takes one tree, to build one thousand matches
It only takes one match, to BURN one thousand trees

GODDAMN That XBox sucks!!!!