Issues burning Nester 2002-03-04? huh?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I just burned the new Nester, and it's not booting. I converted the .elf bin to the 1st_read.bin and all that good stuff...and went through the all-too-familier process, but when it boots, it starts going into this crazy booting loop...it boots, stops, reboots, stops, boots again...and again and again. I tried reburning the previous release that I had burned, and it worked fine. Has anybody else had this problem? Or am I just dilusional? :? It's very frustrating...I mean, it's been forever since I made my last coaster :evil:
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

Make sure you run the scramble.bat, or it won't boot.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

oh my gosh...I'm a moron. Somebody just go ahead and bash me over the head. It's just been one of those days I guess :roll:
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Scramble

Post by emperordahc »

Yea, I frisbied one the first "daily" release. ;)

Why are the daily's not released as just a "1st_read.bin", anyway?
joako
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joako »

quick question... where can i get the scrambler.bat.... and the elf2bin tool..?

thanks.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

joako
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joako »

thanks!
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

DCFactory will do it all for you, including the elf2bin part (make sure you download it from the tool section), and update the nester scripts (click Scripts, it's under the util section).
Vlad Tepes wrote: I just burned the new Nester, and it's not booting. I converted the .elf bin to the 1st_read.bin and all that good stuff...and went through the all-too-familier process, but when it boots, it starts going into this crazy booting loop...it boots, stops, reboots, stops, boots again...and again and again. I tried reburning the previous release that I had burned, and it worked fine. Has anybody else had this problem? Or am I just dilusional? :? It's very frustrating...I mean, it's been forever since I made my last coaster :evil:
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

What's funny is I've downloaded and successfuly burned every daily update since the daily updates started, and from the first "daily update" I would read about people essentially doing what I did last night...and when I would read of people doing that, I would think, "Ha ha...what a dumb mistake." Oh well..."judge not least ye be judged yourself" :roll: :)
Kiley
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Boot Disc

Post by Kiley »

I don't want to run NESterDC as Self boot... do I need to run scramble.bat I've never tried NesterDC before.

:) Kiley