Fun Things to do While Driving

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fun Things to do While Driving

Post by btm4k »

Driving can get very boring, so I try to think of different ways to get around. Here are some fun things to try:

Neutral Driving: It's pretty much habbit for me to be in neutral whenever I am not using the gas. It saves fuel and can actually make you go faster than other cars that are in gear down hill.

Driving with One Foot: Try manning the clutch, brake, and gas petals all with one foot. I've always done it with my right foot and have yet to try with the left. This is a bit dangerous, especially when downshifting.. so watch out!

Knee Driving: See how long you can manuver the car with out using your upper-limbs. If you position your knee just right, its pretty darn fun - especially those corners. 8-)

I realize that I am not the only one to "invent" these ideas, but still... If any of you know of a fun game/driving technique to try, tell us!

BTW, its your own fault if you screw up while doing any of this. I will not take any blame. :wink:
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

boobies.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

I like to drive without using the brake ever. It takes lots of practice to learn your gears and to estimate when you will stop/slow down enough.
/WhtCastle
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

drive in the middle of both lanes, it pisses people off :P
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

WhtCastle wrote:I like to drive without using the brake ever. It takes lots of practice to learn your gears and to estimate when you will stop/slow down enough.
considering your wooden car, that's probably a good thing.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

sixteen-bit wrote:
WhtCastle wrote:I like to drive without using the brake ever. It takes lots of practice to learn your gears and to estimate when you will stop/slow down enough.
considering your wooden car, that's probably a good thing.
Quiet you! Leen > *

Wood is much more areodynamic and weighs much less than steel. 8-)

The brakes tested perfect when I got it inspected btw, something like 98% on all of them.
/WhtCastle
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

play with air ride suspension...drop it, drag frame, and throw sparks on the guy behind you. Or install a flame thrower...thats always funny
Silence is Golden
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Driving with One Foot: Try manning the clutch, brake, and gas petals all with one foot. I've always done it with my right foot and have yet to try with the left. This is a bit dangerous, especially when downshifting.. so watch out!
Er..I thought you were supposed to do that..
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

shifting with your right foot would be hard as hell, you could mess up your tranny if you miss the clutch and shift anyway.

Fun thing to do is at stop lights, if your car rolls back (stick/bad tanny) on hills, roll back close to cars behind you or roll pass cars in the other lane and stare at them as you do it.

Have a few friends take up another lane on the highway and drive the min. so that the entire highway has to.

Never braking is fun to, just hold yourself in one spot with the clutch (very bad for it though)
Last edited by Thomas on Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

EvilN wrote:
On an automatic you are. He must be talking about a manual transmition. Manual transmition is the only type of car to drive. How do you manage to start from a stop with only one foot, must have some crafty foot work.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

EvilN wrote:
Not when driving stick. I was taught to use the left foot for clutch, right for gas/break. Of course, I've never owned a car with a stick. I had to learn just well enough to move cars in and out of the tire bay at BJ's when I was a supervisor there.
hobo-jo
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by hobo-jo »

On a freeway or main road, have the person in the passenger side of your car wind down the window and yell at other cars (as you pass them) pointing at their back tyre, they need to yell/mime something like "your tire, your tire", making the other drivers think that they have a blown tyre. See how many cars you can get to pull over in a row.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I like to roll up to a stoplight next to an old couple with their windows down. Then, I crank up the metal, roll down my window, and look at them while I sing along. They usually look very, very afraid.
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

do you guys take life seriously? :x
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I enjoy just revving the car loads when people are crossing the road in front of me.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

nymus wrote:do you guys take life seriously? :x
I use the brake if it is needed, but I don't put myself in a situation where I NEED to use the brake all too often.
/WhtCastle
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

nymus wrote:do you guys take life seriously? :x
Not normally. I find most things in life to be rather humorous or absurd when I stop to think about them.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

i dunno if this counts but i almost pulled over while driving so i can jerk. but i acted tough and drove straight home to release one.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Play England:

That is, get in your car and drive on the left side of the road while talking with a British accent.

I suppose it works vice-versa if you live in a place where you are supposed to drive on the left, talk like an American pig.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Well dont know about you all but I got a 1991 Corolla 3 speed auto with intake (made by me) and a muffler that sounds loud (cheap and needed it). I go to Mustangs and Camaro's and rev loud then when it turns green I drive regularly and they get pissed off....
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: