I need help with NesterDC burning! Agh!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
barakao1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I need help with NesterDC burning! Agh!

Post by barakao1 »

This thing is driving me nuts! Argh!

All right, I'm in Nero, v5.5.1.8. I followed the instructions from Dr. Zoidberg's topics on how to get the files ready for burning perfectly. The burning is the only part I'm having trouble with. Anywho, I took the wizard, and told it to compile a data CD. It told me to drag and drop the files I wanted to burn, so I did. Then, I went to File and Burn Image. I opened NesterDC5.0Nero.nrg, from the .zip file for Nester DC 5.0. It brought me to a three-tab menu, the tabs being Info, Misc, and Burn. I went to Info, and for some reason, the two tracks read like this:

1 CD-Rom Mode2/XA 2 MB (2,508 KB)
2 ISO 9660 Mode2/XA 1 MB (685 KB)

I'm pretty sure this is not how it's supposed to be. Anway, I went on to Burn. The Write and Finalize CD boxes were checked, yet for the Write Speed box, every selection was completely blank! Agh! I told it to write, and it showed me the only available recording device, Image Recorder. I hit OK, and it minimized. Then, a large box popped up, and it asked me to save the .nrg file. So I did, and it went through the burning process. A pop-up message appeared, saying "Burnprocess done successfully." So I hit OK, then hit Discard, and was back into the original window. I closed out, and looked at the D:\ drive with My Computer . . . just to find it EMPTY!!! Grr! What am I doing wrong?
skicker68
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

this should do it

Post by skicker68 »

try extracting the file in a new folder somewhere on your harddrive. then doubleclick the extracted file, and nero should open up and have a window pop up asking if you want to burn the image. click yes. not much more to it than that. i did it a couple days ago just like that.
barakao1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by barakao1 »

I tried that, but it didn't fix anything.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Have you tried using DiscJuggler?
barakao1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by barakao1 »

When I use Disk Juggler, it crashes two seconds after reading any .cdi or .cdj file.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

barakao1 wrote:This thing is driving me nuts! Argh!

All right, I'm in Nero, v5.5.1.8. I followed the instructions from Dr. Zoidberg's topics on how to get the files ready for burning perfectly. The burning is the only part I'm having trouble with. Anywho, I took the wizard, and told it to compile a data CD. It told me to drag and drop the files I wanted to burn, so I did. Then, I went to File and Burn Image. I opened NesterDC5.0Nero.nrg, from the .zip file for Nester DC 5.0. It brought me to a three-tab menu, the tabs being Info, Misc, and Burn. I went to Info, and for some reason, the two tracks read like this:

1 CD-Rom Mode2/XA 2 MB (2,508 KB)
2 ISO 9660 Mode2/XA 1 MB (685 KB)

I'm pretty sure this is not how it's supposed to be. Anway, I went on to Burn. The Write and Finalize CD boxes were checked, yet for the Write Speed box, every selection was completely blank! Agh! I told it to write, and it showed me the only available recording device, Image Recorder. I hit OK, and it minimized. Then, a large box popped up, and it asked me to save the .nrg file. So I did, and it went through the burning process. A pop-up message appeared, saying "Burnprocess done successfully." So I hit OK, then hit Discard, and was back into the original window. I closed out, and looked at the D:\ drive with My Computer . . . just to find it EMPTY!!! Grr! What am I doing wrong?
Looks like you may have an unsupported burner and its not detecting it. The image recorder just makes a burnable image out of files.

Look at the list at http://www.nero.com/en/recorder.htm for supported drives and http://www.nero.com/en/firmware.htm to update your drivers.