VMU save app?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VMU save app?

Post by jaredfogle »

Would it pe possible to write an app that would allow you to download VMU saves from sites, burn them to CD, and put them on a VMU? Or does this already exist?
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Well of course it's possible, but no it hasn't been done yet. I think this would be a very cool idea, especially for VMU games. That way you could easily switch your VMU games just by loading a disc in.
billy
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by billy »

Isn''t it possible to edit the html documents on a dreamcast web-browser iso to provide links to vmi+vms files and therefore shunt it that way? Maybe there could be a kind of mass batch program that would make such an effort more expedient, ahem... Well it worked last time
OO7TDD

Post by OO7TDD »

yeh the idea would be cool, also a program to let u copy files u normaly cant. also a way to swap games between vmu's so u can keep ure score up and other crap.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Yeah and copy PSO saves. I hate getting NOLed and crap. Well that shouldn't happen now that I have v2, but still, things happen. And I can't move my Chu Chu Rocket save to my other VMU either.
billy
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by billy »

that thing aboot using a hacked web browser doesn't bloody well work, you need to specify the mime types yadda yadda and it won't work!