Share your Favorite NES rom for NesterDC ^_^

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Not a copy

Post by SinisterTengu »

That's what I am saying, its not a copy. After the first island, the map layout is completely different than the SNES version, but levels are in almost the same places. It feels like it was made before the SNES version, then improved upon. Get it, play it, and you will see what I mean. I will try to get far enough on a PC emulator and get some screen shots to show you guys.
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

I did get it and I see what you mean. But it wasn't made before the SNES version. It was made after it. By an unlicensed company or person. That's all good and great and all that it's not identical to the SNES version, but it's still blatant copying of the SNES version (even if it isn't identical).
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Yea, i too belive the SNES version came first. It isnt hard to create a professional looking Nes game. It could easily be HB.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Hmm, I see what you mean. Well anyways, its a cool game and I recommend people to get it and check it out.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Right. No matter who it was made by or when it was made it IS one of the best Nes games i've ever seen!!!
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Riiight...

Post by SinisterTengu »

On another note, one great game I forgot to mention was Marble Madness. That game took skill, but it was great. :p

Why isn't that smilie showing up? Someone mentioned that it was the wrong thing or something...?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I liked marble madness on the Gamegear a lot better. Hold on a LOVED it on the GG. kool on tha nes too tho :D
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Gamegear eh? Did it have better graphics or anything? And has anyone played Super Monkey Ball? That game is a lot like marble madness. I should get that game...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

i cannot find it anywhere :( since it's unlicenced is it still a no no to post the link here?
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

Sorry Sinister, I didn't mean to sound like I was dissin' it (or you), it is a cool game that I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for you, so thanks.

And yeah, Marble Madness is a cool game too.

And to 404, yeah, I'm sure it's still off limits. Do a search on google for "mario" and "unl" and you could probably find it.
Rocky Balboa
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Rocky Balboa »

plz post a link, theres nothing wrong with linking to a homebrew game. pleeeeeez, no ones losing money on this transaction!! :D
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

the problem is this game is on a site with other games that are not homemade. at least the version i found.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Hmm...well say I upload the file to my AOL space, so people can download it. Can I post the link here? Is it ok? I would appreciate a response from a mod...what if they just PM me for it? Is that ok?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

snake78 wrote: Sorry Sinister, I didn't mean to sound like I was dissin' it (or you), it is a cool game that I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for you, so thanks.

And yeah, Marble Madness is a cool game too.

And to 404, yeah, I'm sure it's still off limits. Do a search on google for "mario" and "unl" and you could probably find it.
Oh man i OWN marble madness!! I actually had myself beating the game on tape, but i think i taped over it by accedent :cry: