Ultimate Fighting Championship

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
souledge
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ultimate Fighting Championship

Post by souledge »

I just bought UFC tap out on the internet, i had it sent to a different location than the one im at right now so i haven't been able to play it yet but ill get to do so in 4 days, the thing is that i called my house and my parents told me they received a box not just a cd case, i was expecting a regular cd case for my DC game but they told me its like a box set or something, what is that about, did ufc come in a special package, limited edition maybe?....if any of you have the game i would like to hear your opinions on the game itself, i played the ps1 version and it looked lame(it was fun i guess), but everyone told me that the DC version is amazing so i bought it, so before i get to play it in 4 days, id like to hear some reviews from you guys, i've seen reviews fom a few sites but the idea is to hear it from the true DC fans.

BTW this special package thing, did any of you get UFC in some special edition package?
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Errrrrrrr.... Tapout was a PS2 release... not a Dreamcast one. But the UFC for Dreamcast is great. Mine is just in a regular box, but it has great graphics, great playability and is damn hard at first. Choose a character, and learn all their moves, and you'll do fine tho... I recommend it.
Chainfist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chainfist »

The UFC game on the Dreamcast is a good game. Graphics Rock, good control and fun 2 player. The only downside you may find is that its too close to the real life fighting.. its more like a fighting simulation that a WWF brawlfest. So as in real life barefist fighting the matches don't last too long, and the characters are very similar.. you won't find the crazy personalities and clowns fighting in the ring as with other games...
souledge
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by souledge »

Hey thanx for the reviews, and BTW you're right about the tap out monk, i saw that title on a lot of review sites but the tap out version of ufc was cancelled on the dc, so i guess this one is just "ultimate fighting championship".
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

damn straight I'm right :) lol
souledge
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by souledge »

you had to say it huh baldmonk :upyours:
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Sure did... lol @ smiley :)
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Chainfist wrote:The UFC game on the Dreamcast is a good game. Graphics Rock, good control and fun 2 player. The only downside you may find is that its too close to the real life fighting.. its more like a fighting simulation that a WWF brawlfest. So as in real life barefist fighting the matches don't last too long, and the characters are very similar.. you won't find the crazy personalities and clowns fighting in the ring as with other games...

this is kinda off topic, but the ufc fights do last long, some over 30-40 min.

but now they added siisyfide rules.

the ufc is girly now, because stupid america wanted rules in it, sayig its to extreme... they even suggesyed gloves, but ufc considered gloves to violent, because they would hurt people more with them and give fighters an unfare advantage, but gloves also limits the fighters abilities so it would weaken them.

but the game was great, buts its modern ufc.. if they would mke it old way to time limit no rounds , it would be better for the game. but as a game rounds work, but in real life it takes away from the sport.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

My cousin and I played about 2 hours of UFC a couple weeks back. We pretty much reversed everything, which was pretty funny. It was great, but we soon went back to Soul Calibur.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half