Got my Treamcast bundle!!!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pepitonet »

Fatheadpi, i have a couple of questions since this idea of the portable internet by using a regular cell phone never came to my mind,maybe cause i have the 128kisdn portable for my laptop but if i could drop that(110 a month) and just use my regular cell phone(1000 whenever and unlimited fridays- sunday) for whenever i need portable internet.
The cable you mencioned is a cable to adapt the modem to the treamcast or is it a cable to connect to your cell phone.
Or what are you using to connect the cell phone to the modem, i know a way to do it but i would have to somewhat damage to the cellphone
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pepitonet »

i am still waiting for your answer...maybe i should remind you of this thread with a pm
Last edited by pepitonet on Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

threat? I'll assume you mean thread :P.

fatty isn't always on here, what with being in the militiary and all, so it might be a while between posts.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
gutabo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by gutabo »

Does it play DVDs? VCDs(new), how good is the quality?
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Why would it play DVDs? No Dreamcast can play DVDs.... lol.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Well there was an add on that was going to come out from sega dvd add-on for dreamcast. Said to have been finshed but canned. like most of the good games. Was hardware addon and also was a mp3 player. You can get a free mp3 player from my site i did called dream-bee. hehe :mrgreen:
Dreamcast forever!!!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

NO, the Treamcast DOES NOT play DVD's.

The cable I am trying to build is to connect the phone jack out of my modem into the headset input on my cell phone.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

fatheadpi wrote:NO, the Treamcast DOES NOT play DVD's.

The cable I am trying to build is to connect the phone jack out of my modem into the headset input on my cell phone.
I just had a thought. You're wiring it into the modem where it would normally send the signals down the phone line, yeah? Then into the phone's speaker / mic?
I don't know the exact spec but modems need quite a powerful output (to get their signal all the way down to the exchange) so watch out you don't blow up your phone doing this.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I just had a thought. You're wiring it into the modem where it would normally send the signals down the phone line, yeah? Then into the phone's speaker / mic?
I don't know the exact spec but modems need quite a powerful output (to get their signal all the way down to the exchange) so watch out you don't blow up your phone doing this.
That's the least of my problems. I don't know how much you know about telecommunications, but I did some thinking, and my mthod isn't going to work. If you're familiar with the concepts of Amplitude Modulation and Phase Modulation, and how they come into play here, you'd understand why this isn't going to work. If I could force my phone into analog mode, that would be a different story, and I could buy a nice base station to do this for me for about a hundred bucks.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Well, guess what? I found a way to force my phone into analog mode. Turns out it's one of the features of my phone. Boy do I feel like a dumb sh*t.

Now the only two things in my way are getting the cable to make good contact, and the voltage issue. If I remember my telephone wiring diagrams correctly, the ringer voltage you're talking about (-48vDC, AFAIK) shouldn't come into play here. To complete the voltage circuit, you'd need to use one of the lines I'm not using.