Saturn bundle

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Spector
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Saturn bundle

Post by Spector »

A Sega Saturn is selling in my local store as of today for ?24.99. It comes with two games (one of which is "Road Rash" I think, does that exist?), two control pads and a steering wheel controller. Is that good value?
I'm going to jail for homicide.
Wish me luck.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

If it's all in good condition, I'd say that it's not a bad deal.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sounds pretty good, even if that other game is some crappy game. a lot of your saturn racing and sports games are not worth anything. Actually just about all obsolete systems have sports/racing games that are not worth nothing.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Make sure to pick up shinning force 3 and Xmen children of the atom. also D. Many great games. also Sega rally is fun and better then the dc port which is very poor. Lost the feel. Saturn version feels like the real thing slight blocky but great racing game i still play it. Mostly only bring the saturn out to play. That game.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Nights into Dreams is a good gme
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

It is but does not push the saturn to much, and is a little strange fun game but i dont think its the best saturn game. Ton of good games its hard to find the good ones. You end up with poor psx ports. Eck!

Try duke nukem 3d saturn port its really good has a nice mini game. Also resident evil on saturn is nice has some things no other ports of it does. Stay away from games ported from the psx to saturn.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Ian Micheal wrote:Sega rally is fun and better then the dc port which is very poor.
Yeah. While I did enjoy Sega Rally 2 on DC, it's nowhere near as good as Sega Rally on Saturn.

My favorite Saturn game is NiGHTS.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

Phantom wrote:My favorite Saturn game is NiGHTS.
Ditto. Thought that might only be because it's the only game my Saturn can actually play :roll: - it is an excellent game, though.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Ian Micheal wrote:Try duke nukem 3d saturn port its really good has a nice mini game.
The best mini game ever, though to get it you need a save from Quake, Entombed (think thats right though I may remember the name wrong, that egyptian themed fps) or go through the game trashing every single toilet, its worth the effort though
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Entombed (think thats right though I may remember the name wrong, that egyptian themed fps)
Think it was called Exhumed, that game was bloody hard :evil:
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Gmc wrote:
Entombed (think thats right though I may remember the name wrong, that egyptian themed fps)
Think it was called Exhumed, that game was bloody hard :evil:
Exhumed that was it, I was close which aint bad given the state of my memory
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
kimenon001
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kimenon001 »

Ian Micheal wrote:It is but does not push the saturn to much.
:?: You sure? I remember it being stunning graphics wise and depth. Maybe i'm seeing through rose tinted specs.

Try and get Panza Dragoon Zwei. I dont thing its as r@re and expensive as Saga and its a great shooter.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: Saturn bundle

Post by DeGamer »

Spector wrote:A Sega Saturn is selling in my local store as of today for ?24.99. It comes with two games (one of which is "Road Rash" I think, does that exist?), two control pads and a steering wheel controller. Is that good value?
That's a good deal. And yes Road Rash exists for the Saturn and it rocks. I still have it :D

Nights also kicks ass. Too bad there is no sequel.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

Wipeout for saturn is better then the psx version
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

kimenon001 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:It is but does not push the saturn to much.
:?: You sure? I remember it being stunning graphics wise and depth. Maybe i'm seeing through rose tinted specs.

Try and get Panza Dragoon Zwei. I dont thing its as r@re and expensive as Saga and its a great shooter.
Was a touch jerky and slowed up non optimized game. It could of been better. Still fun addictive more then any thing.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

If you get the Saturn, it's all about the imports...esspecially if you like fighting or shooting games. Lots of capcom and SNK games were released in Japan on Saturn...good games like the KoF series, Samurai Showdown 3 and 4, Vampire Savior, X-Men vs Street Fighter, etc.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Vlad Tepes wrote:Lots of capcom and SNK games were released in Japan on Saturn...
Yeah, but most of them require a RAM expansion cartridge. Those are pretty easy to find though.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Phantom wrote:
Vlad Tepes wrote:Lots of capcom and SNK games were released in Japan on Saturn...
Yeah, but most of them require a RAM expansion cartridge. Those are pretty easy to find though.
Almost every Capcom or SNK import I've gotten my hands on has included the RAM cart. I have 7 or 8 of them. If you seriously get into the Saturn import scene, the RAM carts aren't an issue. Also, you can get the Action Replay with the 4MB RAM built in. That's what I use.
gamedudex
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamedudex »

u can easily find saturn games for downlaod online...

its not really warez, since the system been dead for years.. and many games that are good are kinda in that rare category.. like radient silver gun, panzer dragoon saga $200 plus each..lol

great games bu thats way way over priced.. like $20 is worth is maybe.. btu then many of them or so scratched by now

anyone ever find the american version of daytona usa netlink...i need that game if u have the iso send me a private message please.

that game is one of the most rare games on the system.. like 10,000 copies ever made.. and u had to order driectly from sega,, i have 4 out of 5 netlink games. thats the only one i need,, all my netlink games i bought in stores.. this i wanna download.. not worht the $70-100 that it goes for...

its just a $2 games with net play.

lol
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Spectrum games are not allowed to download saturn is just as much warez as is ps2 games. the system dead means nothing at all. Who told you that matters. copyright goes on no matter what. When people say its old it does not matter that not correct at all. I cant even include spectrum games or pac man roms in any thing i do saturn is a lot yonger then them.
Dreamcast forever!!!