Way to get over depression?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Master Higgins »

marijuana I get depressed a lot so I do more drugs, shrooms, pot, nitro and codeine. I don't like alcohol cause I am a depressed drunk.

PS- I am shrooming right now. :D
gamedudex
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamedudex »

join a gym.. start weight traing... a good work out always makes me feel better.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah My father was an alcholic . I suffer a lot from it. Ive been told i did by a srink! im a run away car with out breaks one day im going to really crash. nice lot arnt they. I think people can see throu my typing im not really doing to well.

Best thing know you have the problem and try to combat it. Really thou find some other gurl have sex with her there over you cheated on her . That will help .

take it from me just find some other gurl and it will help a lot.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ikku
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Ikku »

Envy wrote:I agree with you F8, I have lived in a 3rd world country for 8 years and let me tell you people over there have 100 more reasons to be depressed then you guys. But most of them still have a smile on and are always happy.
That might be because they don't know any other way to live. They don't always know how much better people in other countries are living so they're just happy with the way they're living.

Doing a lot of drugs isn't a good idea either, you should have a clear mind so you can think about why you're depressed. I think you should spend more time with her, but don't get your hopes too high or you may end up worse off than you are now.

It can be crushing, but just go along with it...in the whole perspective of your life, it's really nothing. But I wish you luck, maybe things will turn around for you. You never know.
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

Some interesting points, OneThirty8. Although statistically, depression may be higher in geniuses just because geniuses are low in number compared to the average population. Thus, any variable, be it left-handedness, homosexuality, alcoholism, etc might manifest itself in higher numbers. Time to break out the Chai-square analysis...
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Here's where the term "I'm my worst enemy" comes from. Sometimes it seems like your subconscious can really play a role in your life, and we rarely take time to think about that. Sometimes if we feel that we've wronged someone in the past, our subconscious purposely can put us in the same situation to show us how it really feels. I'm constantly battling with myself, and I wonder if it's because of some of the stupid things I've done in the past. I'm not saying that is why you are in this situation, I just started a deep thought and wanted to share... :p
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

This is a semi-serious subject. Please have a little repsect.
I thought we were all of atleast consent age here
That might be because they don't know any other way to live. They don't always know how much better people in other countries are living so they're just happy with the way they're living.
yeah but there's something called cable tv

anyway, mental illnesses and visits to the doctor? Isn't he just a litle heartbroken? I mean I passed through something ten times as worse as you did with a girl I knew and talked to everyday for 3 years. It took me a year to partially get over it, regardless, I still am speechless whenever I see her and basically depressed. With all due respect I don't see the big deal in ur case. Matter of fact it's almost obvious that going along with hobbies (videogames i presume?) , talking to ur friends and meeting new girls is the best way of dealing with it. There's bigger things to be depressed about
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

I guess that's about right. Like I sometimes say to depressed friends:

"It's not the end of the world, it just feels like it" :P
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

MystiK wrote: anyway, mental illnesses and visits to the doctor? Isn't he just a litle heartbroken? I mean I passed through something ten times as worse as you did with a girl I knew and talked to everyday for 3 years. It took me a year to partially get over it, regardless, I still am speechless whenever I see her and basically depressed. With all due respect I don't see the big deal in ur case. Matter of fact it's almost obvious that going along with hobbies (videogames i presume?) , talking to ur friends and meeting new girls is the best way of dealing with it. There's bigger things to be depressed about
The thing is, he said it's one of several factors, and this is the thing that made it worse. He may not be seriously depressed once he gets past this bit about the girl (by hooking up, moving on, whatever), but he's still got issues is what I got out of what he said.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

Ikku wrote:
Envy wrote:I agree with you F8, I have lived in a 3rd world country for 8 years and let me tell you people over there have 100 more reasons to be depressed then you guys. But most of them still have a smile on and are always happy.
Agreed; "Ignorance is bliss."

I applaud a large portion of the replies in this thread. (There is also some I don't care for...*cough*)

Also, don't stress too hard over females... (Just do as I say, not as I do. :( )
/WhtCastle
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

Dr Wily wrote:and of course

C. Alcohol is a known depressant.
So is the internet, which makes going on the internet and asking for advice that you don't really plan to take not the best idea either..,

Inu_Sess, realistically, right now you're upset, confused, and a little anxious. You're not entirely sure what to do but it feels like there's a gaping hole inside you, that you have to find some way to fill. So, you go through the motions; you go back to doing the stuff you like, and you pretend to take your mind off it. But the truth of it is, deep down inside, you don't want to take your mind off it; you won't let yourself. You want your 'happily-ever-after' moment, and that's not gonna happen if this feeling inside goes away. So instead, you dwell on it. You let the pain consume you, because somewhere inside you believe this pain is a connection to her. The pain is what keeps the fleeting hope of it working out going.

So the biggest problem isn't finding a distraction, it's letting go. Alcohol, drugs, and even the rush of sports and such isn't gonna provide a magic escape. Nor is anyone on the net gonna be able to tell you anything that'll make it all better. You're gonna have to come to grips with the fact, that you and this girl. aren't going to go out...not now, and maybe not ever. But the thing is, it doesn't matter. Sure, she's great and seems like everything you've ever wanted, but you didn't get her. Given a bit of time, when you get over it, you'll realize there are lots of other girls out there. No, they won't be just like her, but then again, before you met her, was this particular girl exactly what you'd always dreamed of? I'd guess not. You fell for her anyway. It'll happen again.

Bottom line, you control when you get over her, and the sooner you let go, the sooner you can move on. Dwelling on it may seem like the thing to do, but ask yourself, who are you helping? By this point you're probably thinking but I can't help it, I care so much. (and probably not thinking many nice things about me) But it's the truth, depression is in your head, and you're the only one who can control it. Since this doesn't sound clinical, and no medication is needed, that makes it up to you. When you let yourself let go, you'll feel one hell of a lot better. For your sake, I hope it's sooner than later.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest... Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid.
Ikku
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Ikku »

yeah but there's something called cable tv
Well, last time I checked, most of the population in third world countries doesn't have cable :\.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

So many people saying so many different things. And to those who think it is just the girl, it isnt. My depression just heightened after this happened, and there are other factors that have affected me for a few months now. I think I'm going to give in and go see a doctor and see what's going on there.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

ya I know, there are lots of suicides that are alcohol related, altough many use alcohol to quell depression but cuz it gets you so piss drunk you don't care, marijuana on the other hand is a stimulant so it will not contribute to one's depression. If you really want to entirely remvoe yourself from hurt, I would suggest shrooms you will get a completely outside perspective on the situation look at it fairly impersonally and feel everything as if each single cell of your body is individual and all your senses incredibly amplified. You will start just hallucinating flying around and feeling as if this whole existence is a fluke, I mean why were you born you will think, not in a good or bad way but you simply leave you form as you know it and go to a neutral place, and suddenly it is 7 hours later. Shrooms are interesting because they alter perception of reality and in the right dose still allow one to remain as a composed individual but I must warn you to space out your shrooming and not to do it too often especially if you are depressed because repeated regular shroom usage lowers sarotonin levels which causes depression, although have no worries about it if you only do it once and then try it again later on because just like anything it isn't harmful at all in good measure.
So many people saying so many different things. And to those who think it is just the girl, it isnt. My depression just heightened after this happened, and there are other factors that have affected me for a few months now. I think I'm going to give in and go see a doctor and see what's going on there.
Don't do that, seeing a doctor will fuck you over. They will most likely tell you you are clinically depressed and then try to give you meds, which this is an entirely unexact science so the meds most likely will give you insomnia, nausea, headaches, deeper depression, light headed, absence of mind etc. You would be better off just exercising more, writing and smoking pot. Unlike Zoloft, Prozac etc Pot is cheap and only makes you happy for sure, plus you will meet lots of people through it. Even if you don't do pot though, just realize that depression isn't an ILLNESS as they like to say, it is normal, not being depressed in your life isn't normal and to medicate depression is like trying to medicate life, we all get down especially when it starts to get cold, and our girls leave us and our family is messed up but we surpass this not through cowering under pills that dillute our consciousness permanetely but through taking control ourself. So please think about what your doing b4 going to a doctor because if you do decide to you are making a permanent choice that may end up affecting you in many ways, they might diagnose you with something they SPECULATE you have like Manic-Depression which will close many doors for you, or get you on pills that give you insomnia further messing up your life. The neurological medicine nowadays is entirely speculative and they have no real way of determining manic depression or depression other than questions like "have you been feeling sad for the past two weeks?" "Did you feel euphoric at any point before that?" And suddenly you just became a manic depressive :roll: So really try to work this out man, you don't need a doctor consult someone you know and trust, don't pay some stranger to listen to you, one of those heartless shrinks.
Last edited by Master Higgins on Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

Sickliquid86 wrote:
ya I know, there are lots of suicides that are alcohol related, altough many use alcohol to quell depression but cuz it gets you so piss drunk you don't care, marijuana on the other hand is a stimulant so it will not contribute to one's depression. If you really want to entirely remvoe yourself from hurt, I would suggest shrooms you will get a completely outside perspective on the situation look at it fairly impersonally and feel everything as if each single cell of your body is individual and all your senses incredibly amplified. You will start just hallucinating flying around and feeling as if this whole existence is a fluke, I mean why were you born you will think, not in a good or bad way but you simply leave you form as you know it and go to a neutral place, and suddenly it is 7 hours later. Shrooms are interesting because they alter perception of reality and in the right dose still allow one to remain as a composed individual but I must warn you to space out your shrooming and not to do it too often especially if you are depressed because repeated regular shroom usage lowers sarotonin levels which causes depression, although have no worries about it if you only do it once and then try it again later on because just like anything it isn't harmful at all in good measure.
You really need to stop posting.
/WhtCastle
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

WhtCastle wrote:
Sickliquid86 wrote:
You really need to stop posting.
why is that? I was giving educated information about substances, from personal experience, this one so happened to be psycolibin mushrooms.
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

I'm taking a forensics class this semester and we look at slides of dead people, watch the different metabolic processes of decomposition (rigor mortis, livor mortis, full rigor, saponification)...interesting stuff, but not for the weak stomached. Anyway, point is, Sickliquid is an idiot and drugs are the wrong way to go. Sure, I've smoked marijuana and done LSD, but I'm not proud of it. It literally screws your lifestyle up and the last thing you want to do is become dependent on drugs. I mentioned my forensics class because I've observed first-hand what drugs do to people. We watched an autopsy video (extremely graphic) and watched this MD gut this dead body and pull out the organs. She pulled out this dude's liver and it was HUGE due to alcohol abuse, partly the reason he died I'm sure. Drugs have very real consequences and can literally kill you. We are not invulnerable.

But I do agree with Sickliquid that doctors mess you up. Psychiatrists and such will only make you wierder.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

LSD chemically detaches part of your brain from the rest of the brain preventing their use; 'Acid Flashbacks' are your brain finally reassembling those 'missing' pieces and can happen 20-30 years later, if at all, ever.

Drugs are almost certainly never an answer to a psychological problem, but they are cheaper and quicker to show a result (any kind of result, not necessarily a good result) than the slower and more thorough counselling that is usually the best solution to sever depression. The sad fact is most people who go to a doctor with actual depression will simply end up on a course of medication even if that is not the appropriate treatment - although I do not deny the effectiveness of certain medications on certain specific forms of mental illness.

Also of course, and this might not be what you want to hear, Teenage Angst is fairly well recognised, and chances are you've just got your first crush and are having difficulty dealing with the hormonal rush of emotions associated with adolescence.

If you are genuinely depressed I would say your first and best solution would be too find someone to talk things through with; whether thats a priest, a doctor or a close friend, whatever your choice of confidant; but actually TALK to someone, don't just ask people things over the internet.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Dr Wily wrote:If you are genuinely depressed I would say your first and best solution would be too find someone to talk things through with; whether thats a priest, a doctor or a close friend, whatever your choice of confidant; but actually TALK to someone, don't just ask people things over the internet.
That part makes a lot of sense. I do know that I need someone to talk to about it, it's just that I'm unsure of who and what to say.

And I won't do any kind of drugs, I know too many people who have been horribly messed up from them (but I don't want to start a drug debate in this topic)
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Sickliquid86 wrote:marijuana on the other hand is a stimulant
That's a new one. I always thought it was a depressant.