Wonderswan DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bulletbob420
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wonderswan DC

Post by bulletbob420 »

the creator of cygne the only wonderswan emulator to work has give it up and the emu works well , he has released the source code, and i was wondering if someone could code it to the dreamcast you can get the code at http://cygne.emuunlim.com
thanks
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Wonderswan

Post by emperordahc »

I think your probably out of luck.

Considering the relativly lower popularity of the Wonderswan (as compaired to other systems that really aren't supported yet on the DC) and the extreme amout of time to "port" (AKA, "rewrite 99.9%") the code, I doubt an emu will pop up.
ATani
DCGen Creator
DCGen Creator

Wonderswan DC

Post by ATani »

bulletbob420 wrote: the creator of cygne the only wonderswan emulator to work has give it up and the emu works well , he has released the source code, and i was wondering if someone could code it to the dreamcast you can get the code at http://cygne.emuunlim.com
thanks
If you can get the source and email it to me, I will see what i can do about porting/re-coding it to work on the DC... I couldnt find a link for the source on the site. If you do email the author please CC me :)

Atani
eham
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by eham »

Also can it be possible to port Handy a Atari lynx emu to the dc?
Heres the sorce code at:
http://www.esplexo.co.uk/
Its one of my fav emu.

Thanks!!
mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mik »

I think they would both kick A$$... especially the Lynx one... i dont see the source for the wonderswan one on the site either, im not quite sure, but i think handy might be written in C.... that would help a little if it was, but im pretty sure the renderer and controls and such would have to be rewritten wouldnt they?
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Wonderswan DC

Post by emperordahc »

ATani wrote: If you can get the source and email it to me, I will see what i can do about porting/re-coding it to work on the DC... I couldnt find a link for the source on the site. If you do email the author please CC me :)

Atani
Hats off, dude!
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

I possess part of the source (according the emu's author the most important parts) however, he will be releasing the entire source v.soon.

Oh and I'm surprised that not many more people are in interested in this topic, especially considering that it would mean yet another unique emulator for the DC (in the way that it's the only one of it's kind on the DC)

Edit: Also, for your info, the source is in C++
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Oh and I'm surprised that not many more people are in interested in this topic, especially considering that it would mean yet another unique emulator for the DC (in the way that it's the only one of it's kind on the DC)
Its partly because of Nintendos Kung-Fu Death Grip on the handheld market... and partly because I dont think hand held emus get the same interest as console ones (unless its GBA :roll: ) for some reason...
The Jester
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by The Jester »

I havn't played either system, but I'm sure that both of them would be very cool! My congradulations go to the people who take these tasks.
Stupidity should be painful... Now if there were only a way that I could tell n00b13z how to make selfboot emulator images... Oh yeah!

ATTENTION ALL NEWBIES! DOWNLOAD DCFactory OR D13!!
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I always thought that a Wonderswan was the JP name for the PSX O_o
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

While I'm always happy to see more emulators on the DC, I wish some of the current emulators would get updates...not having a save function in the SMS emus means no Phantasy Star... :( (same goes for no sound/saving in Boob!Boy...)

Let's not swamp Atani with port requests now...he has his work cut out for him between DcGen and trying to port the Wonderswan emu... ;)