What games are Rare?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sweater Fish »

Toy Commander? Oh man, in my opinion Toy Commander is one of the best games on the Dreamcast. First of all, it's absolutely phenomenal multiplayer, right up there Virtua Tennis, etc. Single player is good too, though. My only complaint is that the control can be frustrating when you have a really finesse task to accomplish, but the variety of missions is just so great that you can just leave a mission if you're getting frustrated, go do something completely different and then come back fresh. Then there's just the fact that it's so damn fun playing around and exploring as a little toy in that giant world and the graphics and perspective and everything are all top-notch so you really feel like you're in that world.

...word is bondage...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

impetus wrote:i see it all the time... you need it? send me a PM and i can prolly get you a copy
I bought it on half.com. It was only like one of three copies, and it went for $13, so not too bad.
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pepitonet »

the two most rare tittle in the us and most wanted are Gundam Side Story 0079 and Sword of beserk, some of mylocal stores no longer sell dreamcast games but in the board of most wanted they have those two tittles, even on ebay they are hard to find.
lucaspiller
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by lucaspiller »

Dreamcast games don't seem that rare here in the UK (well in the South West anyway). The only national shop I have seen that sell them is Gamestation. They have quite a lot of preowned games (and some new), have a look at the retro section of their website, http://www.gsserver.co.uk/site/retro/games/.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Hmmmm, how old does a system have to be to be concidered an "old school" or "retro" and what systems are comsidered old anyway?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

pepitonet wrote: the two most rare tittle in the us and most wanted are Gundam Side Story 0079 and Sword of beserk, some of mylocal stores no longer sell dreamcast games but in the board of most wanted they have those two tittles, even on ebay they are hard to find.
I know a store that has SoB and, for previous posts, Toy Commander too! I could pick them both up for a total of AU$30. Theyre $20 each but if you buy one, you get one 50% off
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
joinT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by joinT »

how rare is demolition racer?
My disc is really scratched up - but it's an AMAZINGLY fun game... I want a 2nd copy...
Mastaboog749
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mastaboog749 »

how rare is the sonic adventure 2 disc thing? I have that because i bought the sonic bundle dc and i still have the sonic bundle box.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

RoLR rare? i guess it must be but here nobody bought it at my local toys r us so they still have copies, of course they also never dropped the price. Giga-Wing for 45$ there... have they sold a copy in the past year? probably not.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

Dude! I seriously need to check out the local Toys R Us, I mean it's pretty unlikely that they'll have any DC stuff left over (right?) but I keep hearing about people getting stuff there... Plus, in my searches for games on eBay, I haven't seen many people listing from my hometown so maybe that means that no one's ransacked the place. ^_^
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

So I went there, and the guy asks if he could help me, and I reveal my intentions, and he gives me quite the surprised look... then, he shakes his head slowly, still startled, and says that while they do still have some N64 stuff, that probably only the bigger Toys 'R' Uses (he said "in LA" for example) have anything still in stock. I smiled and thanked him, and then, getting some gift ideas, I asked about where the N64 stuff was... he pointed me over, I checked it out, and what was the first thing that I saw?

A DREAMCAST CONTROLLER! Granted, it was a third-party pooppad, but still. I rummaged through three large metal bins, but the best that I could come up with was Tennis 2K2 (which I simply don't have yet, and thought to get). It was all sports stuff; NBA/NFL/WSB 2K1, and a bunch of "Toys R Us" branded DC controllers.

I'm thinking that anyone near a TRU that has a greater selection could make a decent profit by swinging by, making a list, and then posting it here to do a little share-the-wealth-ing. A-hint, a-hint. :wink:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

it is usually still cheaper though, to just buy online or something
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Dreamcast games that are harder to find in the US are:

Record of Lodoss War
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Power Stone 2
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
The SNK releases (Fatal Fury, King of Fighters DM 99, KoF Evolution, Last Blade)
Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage
Soldier of Fortune
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Rise from the Ashes
Mars Matrix
Bangai-O

Ofcourse, it really depends upon where you go. I have been to some EB stores that no longer carry Dreamcast games such as one that I visited while I was in Iowa about 2 weeks ago, and I have been to some that have a lot.
I have
record of the lodos war
power stone 2
sword of berserk
and marvel vs. capcom 2
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

to all aussies (mainly Prophet][ and hobo-jo coz ur in adelaide) how rare is Ecco The Dolphin? mine got so badly wrecked that it was unplayable. it ended up with a sun spot on it and would NOT load at all. i dont even know how it happened :x :evil: :cry:

i REALLY want another Ecco!!!!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I have seen them in the states for like 8 or 10ish, if you can play US games I could ship it to you if you also cover shipping. Ohh and I added some games

Soul Caliber
KOF 1999 (needs resurfacing)
Sonic Shuffle (Needs Resurfacing)
Dead Or Alive 2
Floigan Brothers
Street Fighter 3 3rd strike
Capcm vs marvel 1/2
Mag Force racing
Blue Stinger
Jo Jo Bizzar adventure
Carrier
MTV Skateboarding
Seamen (impending in the mail)
Maken-X (Impending in the Mail)
Sambra de Amigo (San the Maracas :-( is there a good 3rd party set I can get cheaper?)

Unreal Tourniment

So I am around 50ish :-)
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

One that's hard to find I don't think has been mentioned yet is Bust A Move 4
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Really, I have seen it around a lot, but have not had the time to pick it up. An arcade I go to still has it there so I play it a lot.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike is still pretty expensive.
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

Lunchbox wrote:
ian wrote:i want to see crazy taxi online where a whole heap of drivers take each other on to be the best, fastest and most popular but you dont know which taxis are people or bots now its off topic i know but :D that would be cool
i think you could probably get a similar effect from playing GTA:Vice City online with one of the multiplayer mods. Everyone could drive taxis :lol:
Lunchbox where can you get the multiplayer patch for Vice City is it a 3rd party mod as i have this game and would love to play it multiplayer can u PM me the details pls. :D
Regards.

CyberMick.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

it is a 3rd party mod called mulitheft auto. MTA. what it does is you run it first then run GTA3 or VC and it boots you into a server, i played last like a few months ago and it was just like running around and smashing others. fun.