phantasy star on-line

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

phantasy star on-line

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have been playing this game awhile I am up to level 7. Please tell me this game isn't so redundant all the way though. So far out of 8 missions they have all been the same damn area only what you do is different.

And whats the deal with movement. Nothing worse then when your trying to get out of the way and your chairactor walks about 2 second before he decides to run? I just made the mistake of wandering into the dragon cave and getting my ass killed :/
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

phantasy star on-line

Post by |darc| »

Veggita2099 wrote: Please tell me this game isn't so redundant all the way though. So far out of 8 missions they have all been the same damn area only what you do is different.
okay, I won't tell you that it is.

but it is

Are you playing the PC or DC version?
It's thinking...
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

have fun. its only fun online but even online you'll lose interest.
honestly, i couldn't care less about you or anyone else
-Misanthropic Faith
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

im playing the DC version
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

u need 2 get online. but be warned of gameshark users. they now have access to currupt your game save. lil bastards ruin the game.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

ok

Moving to DC Forum
It's thinking...
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

LOL I read a post awhile back from a guy on GFaqs claiming he played until lev 100 completely OFFLINE. Then he asked whether or not he should start playing online. I cannot imagine sitting in front of a small ass tv, playing a single game by myself, for at least 200 hours, without any human interaction whatsoever. I would go mad.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I think they left things like that in the game so that people would want to go out and purchase version 2 and pay a monthly fee to play it.

I heard about gameshark users hacking it and makeing themselves super high level but screwing other peoples gamesaves is crappy.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

There's a PC version?!
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

yes :lol:
CKTurbo128
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

PC Version...

Post by CKTurbo128 »

Yes, there's a PC version... but it's only available in Asia (Japan, Korea, and China). There is currently no US or EU release date for the PC version at the moment.

- CKTurbo128
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

speeking of Gameshark, anyone know where i can get programs to make codes for the dreamcast? If not for GS, then how about Xploder.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

you need a hex editor program to do it. Thats all I know. I wanted to hack some codes to ge back at this guy on AFO. The Guy really pissed me off. And then we started to exchange "pleasentries". Guy was a ----y.
Game wasn't fun after the gsers came.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

at least version 2 isnt as bad as version 1. guess the cheaters dont want to pay to cheat. :lol:
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

PC Phantasy Star Online is being released in Europe. There have been some demos on magazine coverdisks.

Keeping on the same theme though, do any people on here from the uk have phantasy star online 2? I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a monthly fee like in the US of A?

2. Is it actually worthing buying when I have the original?

3. Does it come with Dreamkey 3.0? cause I ordered it about 4 times and never got it, bloody sega europe!!!!!

Cheers :wink:
DoughBoy
Yes, that's right I'm a
Yes, that's right I'm a

Post by DoughBoy »

Alright first off, U don't have to pay to play PSO online? Only V2 right? Kick ass, now I'll go buy it. What I don't get about making us pay, why not make the servers something like gamespy? They should have put a feww friggin' servers to choose from instead of segaNet.
Another great and interesting post brought to you by the DoughBoy!

P.S. I'm looking for A Turbo Express, PM me if you got one.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

CoasterKing wrote: PC Phantasy Star Online is being released in Europe. There have been some demos on magazine coverdisks.

Keeping on the same theme though, do any people on here from the uk have phantasy star online 2? I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a monthly fee like in the US of A?

2. Is it actually worthing buying when I have the original?

3. Does it come with Dreamkey 3.0? cause I ordered it about 4 times and never got it, bloody sega europe!!!!!

Cheers :wink:
1 - No is doesnt :)

2 - Yes, but only if you really enjoyed the 1st one

3 - Yea, it does come with Dreamkey 3 aswell, my friend didnt get one when he ordered it either.

Another advantage is the in the UK Version, if you set your language setting in the PSO options screen to Japanese, you can connect online, and download the Japanese only quests! Its funny, because you cant do that on the USA one. I got a Hamburger mag last night from one of the Jap Quests. (Also you must be playing the game on the Jap language, you it wont let you load the Quest Offline.)

Heh, but what bugs me, is that I cant get past Challenge mode 1 - I cant get past Area 02, I swear its impossible!
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I love PSO even if it is somewhat redundant at times, but I swear it is one of the prettiest games I have played. I have not been so astounded at such beautiful surroundings in a game since Unreal came out on the PC. I also have never played it online, but I have been able to level up to 20 something with over 40 hours of gameplay. I think after I beat Brave Fencer Musashi, I'll get back to playing it so I can finish off all of the quests. Those quests take so much time that I usually cann't finish them all in one sitting with the way my schedule is. After I finishe everything there is to do in PSO, I still have ver. 2 to keep it going. Also, the music is great.
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

I agree. I was amazed when I saw PSO. I think that Quake III, PSO, and MDK2 are probably at the top of my "List of Best Looking games". The thing I like most about the visual graphics in the dreamcast is that objects are smooth and arn't as sharp as the newer systems. I have Xbox, and though it has great looking games, I think they are way too sharp for a TV (same for PS2).
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

1.Is PSO 2 just like an 'expanded' version of the first?

2.What is the battle system like? The same as the old phantasy star games?