Analog Stick in NesterDC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Analog Stick in NesterDC

Post by emperordahc »

Love NesterDC. My real NES is gathering dust now.

One feature that'd be really nice to my poor thumb is using the Dreamcast's analog stick as another digital pad, instead of just the (in my opinion) uncomfortably placed crosspad on the controller.

I know that some people still tinker w/ the frame rate adjustment that's currently tied to the analog stick. How about, as with all the other "in a running game" system adjustments (VMU menu, etc), hold in the R trigger and then the stick becomes the frame rate adjuster?

Takayama Fumihiko, we worship the dirt you walk on. :wink:
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

well if you worship the ground he walks on, and he hasnt included your much wanted analog support, what do you think of regex who has that feature in frnes?
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Stick

Post by emperordahc »

*Scratches Head*

A very good guy he is. Just a suggestion that would make NesterDC even all the more spiffy; it's not a feature that "decides" anything.

And, hey, I can only have one deity at a time. ;)
Last edited by emperordahc on Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
erise
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by erise »

When NesterDC gets full speed on every game like the great SMEG, then I suppose that the frameskip option will be taken out since it will not be needed.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Well...

Post by SinisterTengu »

It could just be an option to have analog support on, in which then the D-pad would become the frame rate adjuster instead. I personally don't like the DC's D-pad because it "rolls". Often when I think I am pressing right, I am actually pressing right+down, and it screws me up. I dunno, the analog would be a cool addition. And gamegenie support...
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast Is Still Alive »

Easy Answer:
If you got a problem with NesterDC use FrNes...

Case Closed (If I was a moderator I would've typed "Topic Closed" but sense I don't have the authority to do that I'll stick to Case Closed)

Case Closed
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Uhh...

Post by SinisterTengu »

Uhhh...that wasn't the point at all. We aren't saying it is a problem. It would be a nice addition. Besides, NesterDC is superior to FrNES, why would we switch? Sure it has support for analog, but lacks in many other areas such as mapper support. Plus NesterDC supports themes, and I am not sure about this, but I didn't think FrNES supported Famicom Disk System (FDS) games. So that wasn't an easy answer at all... :roll:
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast Is Still Alive »

I'm not saying you have to "switch" but if you want analog support I suggest you try FrNes.
Seifer_Almasy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Seifer_Almasy »

Which games does not work 100% under NesterDC??
I think it's perfect and all the games that I've played works 100%
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Compatiblity

Post by emperordahc »

Yea, it runs just about everything, including Castlevania III and the Quatro series from Codemasters.
Dreamcast Is Still Alive wrote: Easy Answer:
If you got a problem with NesterDC use FrNes...

Case Closed (If I was a moderator I would've typed "Topic Closed" but sense I don't have the authority to do that I'll stick to Case Closed)

Case Closed
Woa, calm down. I can't beleive I need to go into this but... WE DONT CARE WTF IT HAS. OK? There's no "problem", this is "constructive critisism". (This isn't "We won't use your piece of crap hard-work because you don't have ________ in it! You suck!") How do you think companies like Walmart and Sears got so big? It's cause they listen to customer feedback of people who want to make it better. If nobody ever heard, "hey, you know what would be spiffy?", nothing would be worth anything. You critisize things you love to make them better. I love NesterDC to death... I want to see it get even better.

(Good lord. I'm glad this guy ain't a mod. All topics would be somebody asking a question and a reply of "DONT ROCK THE BOAT!" and a nice little locked topic.)

Sorry for trying to happily submit some ideas to the community to make the world a better place. Guess I need to keep my mouth shut because these boards are apparently just for bashing anybody w/ an idea... and it's not like arguing does anything. I'm done w/ this topic. Thx for ruining the whole purpose of a "community". Geeze.