X-Box Live Discontinued

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep »

You are either wilfully ignoring the points I actually made and what I was *actually* 'bitching' about, or you require some kind of remedial reading lessons.

Read my posts.

Read my points.

Heres a summary as dumbed down as I can make it:

DC: no subscription fees to play a game online once a game is purchased.

PC: EITHER pay subscription fees to play a game online and get the client free OR pay for a client and get free online no subscription required.

Xbox: Pay the cost of a game AND THEN pay the cost of Live (A SUBSCRIPTION) to play it online.

My conclusion: Live is a bad deal, when I can get a *just as good* service for *free* on another platform.

I can't make it any clearer than that.
If you still can't understand the actual point I've made 4 times now perhaps you can find a grown up who can spell it out for you with some pretty pictures and stuff, instead of repeatedly quoting me and responding to statements I didn't make.

It will make you look less of a dumbass in the long run.
guitsaru
the guitar monkey
the guitar monkey

Post by guitsaru »

Why did you post it three times?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

yay for spam. anyways. its 50$ a year. Maybe not in the uk but atleast in the us, they sell 50$ cards renewel cards so you don't pay on a monthly basis. And nyar Did I ask for any of that other stuff. No. Did I say anything about the dc? no I didn't ( you made yourself look like an ass there) Pc? I meerly pointed out that you didn't clearly understand mmorpgs pricing on the pc. And xbox oh boy. You act as if you have to pay the subcription PER game which is pointless.

My Conclusion: Live is a good deal, spend cash if ya like it other wise go with xbconnect.

I can't make it any clearer than that.
If you still can't understand it at all. Well I blame the uk then.

edit: lol nice quick deletion of your fuck up -_-
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

1) zero sized post error. OMG I TREBLE POSTED! :roll:

2) A subscription is a subscription, whether its yearly or monthly.

3) I'm not even going to explain pricing systems for PC MMORPGS *AGAIN* as you obviously still cant understand it - but AGAIN for an MMORPG you *pay* *for* game servers*.
You are actually *paying* for something that *costs the company money*

My Conclusion: idiots flame countries when they know their in the wrong

:roll:
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

lol. continue to avoid the main issue :D
Giving H-E-A-D head
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

What issue?

This is the last time I post in this thread until the following is done:

Read.

What.

I.

*Actually*.

*WROTE*.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

There are plenty of games for PC that make you pay for the client and monthly charges...
It's thinking...
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

|darc| wrote:There are plenty of games for PC that make you pay for the client and monthly charges...
Everquest and Planetside spring immediately to mind.

But yeah, XBox Live is almost exactly like Battle.net. As a matter of fact, XBox Live is exactly like Battle.net. One ID for all games, stat tracking, friend lists, sets up the connections for you whether you are host or client. The only thing Battle.net doesn't do, that Live does is VoIP. Except that Battle.net is free and XBox Live costs money.
No signature.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Dr Wily wrote:What issue?

This is the last time I post in this thread until the following is done:

Read.

What.

I.

*Actually*.

*WROTE*.
lol. you're discussing xbox software and the charges that it can incur. so I post

Code: Select all

And xbox oh boy. You act as if you have to pay the subcription PER game which is pointless. 
and you skip on by. And this'll be the last tiem I post before you decide to do something childish like banning me or something cuz I don't agree -_-
Giving H-E-A-D head
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

|darc| wrote:There are plenty of games for PC that make you pay for the client and monthly charges...
Everquest is the only one I know of, out of all the many hundreds of them.
toastman wrote: Everquest and Planetside spring immediately to mind.
Planetside free client.

I see the point you are both making, but in the case of EverQuest, or games like Planetside where you purchase the client, you get a subscription to the game equal in length to the cost of the purchase.

If, say, UC gave you a free 3 month trial Live account when puchased, I would say it is slightly less of a scam - but it doesn't.
If you want to play *any* game onine via Live you have to purchase an entire years worth of play upfront. Also of course, as I already said, games like EverQuest and PlanetSide give you dedicated game servers which are what you are actually paying for...
Random_Troll wrote:a point I didn't make, an argument I already addressed and another lie about me
:roll:

Stop putting words in my mouth, stop arguing points I never made, stop ignoring what I actually wrote in favour of your pre programmed responses and stop making things up about my 'preaching' or implying I would abuse my power by banning someone for not agreeing with me.

You're entitled to want to ride Bill Gates' pole as much as you want, but stop *LYING* :roll:
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

You've got to love these threads that degenerate into Random_Troll vs. Dr Wily.

*Buys crisps and continues to watch the show*
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

toastman wrote:But yeah, XBox Live is almost exactly like Battle.net. As a matter of fact, XBox Live is exactly like Battle.net. One ID for all games, stat tracking, friend lists, sets up the connections for you whether you are host or client. The only thing Battle.net doesn't do, that Live does is VoIP. Except that Battle.net is free and XBox Live costs money.
What about this point. I know Nyar will probably agree, but what about the Live supporters?
No signature.