SHENMUE 3 ON DC XMAS BOX SET

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

Prophet][ wrote: It also came out in Australia too
really? i was completely unaware! had to ship it :roll:

a guy at EB said (before it came out) "oh yeah, it should be coming here soon on the DC. but dont count on it! it WILL be on the GC tho"
uuuuuuh...... FOOKIN EB!!! :evil:

i got a cube with the hope of PDZero and GC coz i was told it was gonna be on there, but is not! :x

i am happy with my choice... sorta
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Shenmue 3 on DC . . . I really doubt it. It is comming out, but it is comming on the Xbox.
The Xbox release is still unconfirmed as far as I know. Anyway, I really doubt that Shenmue 3 will be Xbox exclusive. I think it'll be a multiplatform title.
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

wtf?? yu suzuki already explained in various interviews the last months that he was NOT busy on shenmue 3, due to a lack of money, and also one thing is for sure it will NOT be on xbox, look at the horror sales of shenmue 2x
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

pissed off dc owner wrote:
Prophet][ wrote: It also came out in Australia too
really? i was completely unaware! had to ship it :roll:

a guy at EB said (before it came out) "oh yeah, it should be coming here soon on the DC. but dont count on it! it WILL be on the GC tho"
uuuuuuh...... FOOKIN EB!!! :evil:
I used to know my local EB guys farily well, so when it came in, they made sure I got a copy as I don't think you pre-book it as they didn't know if it would come out. They sold fairly fast and their weren't that many that were shipped here
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Prophet][ wrote: I used to know my local EB guys farily well, so when it came in, they made sure I got a copy as I don't think you pre-book it as they didn't know if it would come out. They sold fairly fast and their weren't that many that were shipped here
oh ok, thx for that. sega advertising in australia woulda been nice tho :x

DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

I have virtua fighter history and loads of mags saying that tekkan was going to be a ps2 game and Dreamcat has vf4 and i was very upset when it didn't come on DC.

I like the fact that so many people reply to my posts I have loads of ideas for DC I just wish SEGA didn't pull out so fast look how many ppl still ove it and it would and could still be alive today because you can still get the games everywhere cheap and you always when you see a SEGA game ona different format ie HEADHUNTER 2 you know in game games they will say where it all started HH1 on DC and then ppl will wanna play that :)

Route 66 on PS2?? comeon thats only good in the arcades because the turning is rubbish in the arcades it makes it more fun that way ... when you have had a few drinks :)

later guys thx for the replys
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

This is especially for Lunchbox:
USA is but a single country - not even a whole continent, and very far from the whole world! I feel sorry for your bad luck as it turned out that the only place that didn't see the release of Shenmue 2 for DC is your very own great country and Canada... Dontcha think it's just more than a coincidence? I think ppl at Sega knew better that the likes of you, Americans, cannot appreciate a game as ingenious and sophisticated as Shenmue.... We have the Shenmue 2, we played it at least 4 or 5 times, we absolutely love it! If part 1 was just a great promise, in part 2 it spreads out in all its glory - it really makes you feel like you're getting involved in this culture with all their philosophy and views on life - it's magnificent! If you can overcome your egocentric attitude you can try and find a way to play an european version ... and you'll see what I'm talking about.
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

Segata Sanshiro wrote:This is especially for Lunchbox:
USA is but a single country - not even a whole continent, and very far from the whole world! I feel sorry for your bad luck as it turned out that the only place that didn't see the release of Shenmue 2 for DC is your very own great country and Canada... Dontcha think it's just more than a coincidence? I think ppl at Sega knew better that the likes of you, Americans, cannot appreciate a game as ingenious and sophisticated as Shenmue.... We have the Shenmue 2, we played it at least 4 or 5 times, we absolutely love it! If part 1 was just a great promise, in part 2 it spreads out in all its glory - it really makes you feel like you're getting involved in this culture with all their philosophy and views on life - it's magnificent! If you can overcome your egocentric attitude you can try and find a way to play an european version ... and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Did you say this just to start a flame war between people in the US and people in the UK?

Look, you telling LunchBox that he's egocentric MIGHT be correct in this instance (and only in this instance), but rubbing it in his face, turning around and saying that the rest of the US is not sophisticated enough to play a game like Shenmue 2 is just asinine. You can't qualify a nation like that. Plus, you're making yourself look just as egocentric.

Be a bigger person. Explain why he was wrong to say what he said, but leave your temper and overbearing opinions about entire countries at home.

By the way, I have played the EU version of Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast, and I enjoyed it very much. And I am an American. Why being 'egocentric' would keep one from importing a game from the UK is beyond my comprehension.
-Love 'n Bass, Peace 'n Space-
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Ok, DJ Geki, I have to face the consequences of my angry burst:)
I didn't mean to start any flame between anybody. I guess when people share a passion (for gaming and the Dreamcast) they'd better find common language than quarrel. But it just pissed me off when lunchbox said Shenmue 2 never came out just because it never came out in the States. You can't erase the great moments millions of people around the world have had with this great game! I think if he's a real fan, he'd look up more info and try find a way to play it. By the way, I'm not from the UK, i'm from Bulgaria. Here Sega don't even have official representative but that never stopped us from playing all the cool games and we even do the impossible to try and get our hands on a game we crave for.
As for labelling nations - you're right. It was a bit too quick tempered, I'm just fed up with narrow-mindedness. I know it's not right to judge ppl by their nation (actually I can't say many good words for my own nation while I consider myself better than the average bulgarian hehehe in a way yeah - i'm egocentric). But this is getting too lengthy. So: my apologies to you and anyone whom i might have hurt, and my advice to lunchbox - try to be more open-minded, you might benefit from what ppl from other countries can offer you.
antidot
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by antidot »

If you put your Xbox on your DC, then it will happen.
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

Segata Sanshiro wrote:Ok, DJ Geki, I have to face the consequences of my angry burst:)
I didn't mean to start any flame between anybody. I guess when people share a passion (for gaming and the Dreamcast) they'd better find common language than quarrel.
That's alright then. As long as it wasn't meant to start a war, everything is cool :) Everyone needs to put the flame on sometimes, I just hope it doesn't start because of a video game! Politics I can understand, but games deserve calm banter as opposed to heated.

In any case, you didn't hurt me, I just thought it was silly to start the argument. BTW, sorry that I assumed you were from the UK. It just looked like English was your primary language, so I put 2 and 2 together to get 29. Doesn't work too well, eh?
-Love 'n Bass, Peace 'n Space-
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
retroactively
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by retroactively »

Simply put, if Shenmue III was made on the Dreamcast it would be the stupidest thing Sega's ever done. Yeah, it would make sense to us - fans of Shenmue at a Dreamcast forum, but it would be quite the idiodic business move. Multi-platform would be the best IMO, just so more people would have the opportunity to buy it.

Me personally, I don't care. I'll save money to buy whatever system that will play Shenmue III (... if it comes out :( ). That simple.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Don't even get me started bout the games that Australia missed out on
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Prophet][ wrote: Don't even get me started bout the games that Australia missed out on
I hear ya buddy :evil:

drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

Segata Sanshiro wrote:This is especially for Lunchbox:

yes u do know that shenmue 1 on dc sold more then 1 million copies and that shenmue 2 was the most imported videogame EVER!! ???

making it multiplatforum is out of the question that would cost way too much money
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
Lyris
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by Lyris »

For all the people complaining that Shenmue 2 never got a USA/Can release [on the DC]... I'm shocked. The Dreamcast is so unbelievably easy to play imports on - even the Utopia boot disc which you can download for free will load Shenmue II on your North American Dreamcast, in NTSC (DESPITE what IGN were telling people, the idiots were having people run out to buy TV signal convertors!)

This is nothing compared to what European DC owners like me were given, we got versions of Daytona USA, Outtrigger and Unreal Tournament with the online play slashed out. And while we could play the American releases with a boot disc, having to communicate with servers in America designed for American gamers was sloooow.

For what it's worth, I now have an American GameCube and have to import every single game (although I prefer this to Europe's late releases).

As for Shenmue 3... nope. Not on the Dreamcast.
gamedudex
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamedudex »

it will be on xbox , microsoft will publish it again like they did 2 on xbox

but i hope whenever it does come out, that its not on xbox, but it comes on the next xbox....because this generation of gaming is almost over.. i mean come oun 2006, 2005 for nintendos nexy console

i can hold out for 2006 or 07 for shenmue 3
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

because this generation of gaming is almost over

hopefully. but then why are ps2's and xbox's still so FREAKING expensive? This has got to be one of videogamings dark ages.......
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

This is especially for Lunchbox:
i'm not american! i don't live in the states! :lol:

wtf? all i said was it wasn't released here, and now i'm egocentric? right :roll: i didn't know it was on the dc in europe, here its only on the xbox. i dunno who you are, but your bullying isn't scaring me. back off next time, and read the rest of my posts before you run your mouth, your ignorant comments aren't needed

and no, i'm not going to spend 80+ dollars on importing a dc game that i can buy domestically for the xbox. guess i'm not a true fan :lol:
Last edited by Lunchbox on Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

DJ Geki wrote: Look, you telling LunchBox that he's egocentric MIGHT be correct in this instance (and only in this instance), but rubbing it in his face, turning around and saying that the rest of the US is not sophisticated enough to play a game like Shenmue 2 is just asinine. You can't qualify a nation like that. Plus, you're making yourself look just as egocentric.

Be a bigger person. Explain why he was wrong to say what he said, but leave your temper and overbearing opinions about entire countries at home.

By the way, I have played the EU version of Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast, and I enjoyed it very much. And I am an American. Why being 'egocentric' would keep one from importing a game from the UK is beyond my comprehension.
omg another one. dammit, the xbox version of shenmue 2 has the "only on xbox" logo on it. i didn't know it came out for the dc. i was just misinformed, not being egocentric :evil: