How long have you been here?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How long have you been here?

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

And how did you find the site?

I have had 3 names here...SweetJesus, Jordan, and Jeeba Jabba

SegaSonic1991 told me about the site a lot, I started visiting the main page around May, 2001.

So, During June, SegaSonic1991 MSG me on AIM with a link to a topic on the DCEMU boards... So I clicked... And it was the legendary "ThatChic" thread...So i registerd an account.. My name was SweetJesus (the real spam king, My spamming now doesnt even compare to the fearless stunts i pulled back then).. ... She posted pics of herself and her (disgusting) bedroom. All of the silicon geeks jumped on the boat to try and impress her... it ultimately led to me telling Neon8 that he had issues and the Thread having 100 replies... The mods eventually locked it.

So, When Dave (Ghost) opened up Xbox-Emu 2 months later, I packed my bags and went there. I rode those boards for 3 months and became a mod, etc. Then I came back to dcemu one day, Called WH16 some very bad things.. And was banned from DCemu, De-modded from Xboxemu and scolded by many.

So then, Xbox Emu's boards got fucked up and my account was lost... i found myself in a little predicament considering I didnt think i would be welcomed back to DCemu... And xbox emu was dying...

Therefore I made the account Jordan, Posted like crazy (got back into my old habits) and got into a scuffle with The Kron... Which again led to a ban..

So here I am, Jeeba Jabba the mod of Garbage.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

i found this place because it housed the dreamsnes forums (i found dreamsnes page first and needed to read about compatibility). it's nice place to hang out and yack. i usually haunt usenet, but here is better because we don't get that fricken "xflbox sucks playstation rules blah blah blah i eat pickles" rant cross-posted to the dreamcast group by that lamer guy every 12 minutes.

:)
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Well, I have always done emulation for as long as I have had a computer. But in Feb 2001, I was just getting used to looking for roms, and one of my favorite sites was Bryan's emu site. I was looking through that, and saw a section for the "Dreamcast". HOLY PLOP, you can emulate the Dreamcast? (At this point, I never heard about the warezed games, and the hacks). Clicked a link, and came here.

Started out as a normal newbie, wondering how the hell to burn DreamSNES... after bugging someone called "nav3" for a good long while, I learned. To pay him back, I would answer it for other people for him. Ligthen his load. Started to master the Mac burning, and becoming the most popular poster in the forum, even out passing nav3!

After a while, I emailed nav3, and asked him if I could mod. He said I had perfect timing, cuz I was being talked about in the staff forum. Bam, modding the Mac forum. After a while, I picked up the "Modern Gaming Emu Forum", a forum about emus for the games after the Sega Master System.

After that forum, there was a little sturup... 007 wanted everyone to go over to his chat on a different server, and we wanted to stay on our old one, cuz there was less "lamers" and "n00bs". Refusing, we lost half our staff, and a project called "ConsoleVision" was started. Seeing nav3 leave, I was the only Mac forum mod, and only General Emu mod. We lost admins, megamods, etc. Sad day...

Since I stayied so that I could promote Mac users on how to burn for the Mac (really wanted to leave the site, but wanted Mac users to know how to burn, so they wouldn't be discuraged, and turn to Windoze). I also got a promotion after quoting an old admin, pSyCo, "Vote IUG for megamod", and bam, became megamod after only one hour.

That brings us to about right here...
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

I've been here since Dec 2000 i think, and have seen 3 major forum changes in that time.

Actually I think i found this site through somebody on AIM
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

I think I had just got my dreamcast, and I was looking around Dreamcast sites. I dont know how I got here, I think i must have gotten a link from another site...

Anyhow, I registered in the boards, and hung around.... doing not much at all after a few months I e-mailed WH16 asking whether i'd make a good mod or not. He said i'd make a great one, and told me to PM Wraggster (because WH16 was just about to quit moderating here at that stage)

So, Wragg thought I would be a good mod, and lo and behold I was a mod.

Then somewhere along the line I became a megamod, had 3 sons and a daughter, moved into a modest home in philadelphia..... you know how it all goes.

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

heh

Post by XPoGoX »

I found a link to this page on a warez page, after i was done downloading Sonic Adventure I checked it out..i would say around the same time as jordan/jeeba....whatever....then I disappeared and became a mod over at Xbox Emu, then that died.....and i disappeared again!.
Now im back....wee.
therealyoshi
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by therealyoshi »

sorry to crash the party but, i've been here for half a year but, barely found out that this site had forums, oh and i found out about this site when i read an' egm article
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

I first came here September 2000 after 007 spammed the Boob forums about the site. I only posted about 10-15 times until the OT forums were started around Feb/March 2001, then my post count started to pick up a fair bit.

I became a mod in July 2001, when I arrived on the board & saw that I had a weird badge, Wraggster had decided to make me a Bleemcast mod without telling me! :lol:

Then sometime in September or October Discostu55555 had decided he'd had enough of being an admin so he made me his replacement.

Other stuff has happened in between all that but I can't be arsed remembering it all.

The End
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

I found out about this site after following one of the links on the Diablo2 cheatlist sometime last year. I started off just checking the main news page and downloading a small amount of stuff from the site.
I started posting mostly on the then "Hardware modification" forum but really started posting more when it was opened up as a multi console mod and repair forum.

Nowdays I can be found mainly in the HW and main emu forum and sometimes on the IRC channel as "sixteen-bit"
Boogerman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boogerman »

Visitied this site for the 1st time in October 2000, never came back....

Bought a DC this month and here I am :P

Are any of the original crew (Minus Zoidberg) still here?
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Boogerman wrote: Are any of the original crew (Minus Zoidberg) still here?
Guys like Sin-Tex, TheDumbAss, DirtySanchez, SubWoofer etc. who have been on staff for a long time are still here, basically all the cool people are all still at the site. :wink:

Oh yeah, 007Cheater is still here...sometimes...
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

[quote="IUG"]I also got a promotion after quoting an old admin, pSyCo, "Vote IUG for megamod", and bam, became megamod after only one hour.
[/quote]

did pSyCo do a promotion or did j00 mean me, the legendary and god like KoF Fan?

Anyways...

I found out about gleam! and started hanging around those boards around june/july (2000). I was also hanging around Sintendos boards around that time too. I used to go to boob on a regular basis to do check ups on the dc emu scene. I found dcemu via sintendo and boob around october but for some reason i wasn't able to register on the forums till december of 2000 o_o. but ive been around since then. anyways i was a mod for the original off topic forum, kamis dev :D mostly only the fantastic 4 posted in there :D . After pmin' kami and speakin' to 007 I became a mod of that forum (-: I soon became a mod for cd burning help where i was constantly helping people on the boards, private chats, and aim convos. I soon became a mod for off topic....which was crap, i never did like this forum (modding wise) so i was put back on cd burning help :D then i ran my little campaign which turned out quite well for me and yours truely became an admin. I soon quit for...reasons...and was elected god of the universe by all the peons of earth but unfortunatley i had to step down due to controversial pictures of me and a sltoh....
honestly, i couldn't care less about you or anyone else
-Misanthropic Faith
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Sorry, thought it was pSyCo... oh well.

Yeah, I guess I could be considered one of the orgianal members...ish. I was member 627 or something...
DreamTheater420
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by DreamTheater420 »

I was a lurker for awhile...i found this from looking for warez(which i still have never done...i dunno maybe im weird but i dont have a burned game....oh well....)......and then i joined up a day before my birthday last year....and i just love coming here....its fun and kewl.... :D
"If I started from the top, and worked my way down."
la_eternal
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by la_eternal »

I don't remember how I found this place, but I've been visiting and posting long enough to remember a time when you didn't need to register to make a post.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I started here July 2001. I found out about this site (somewhat) from the back of a magazine. It said that Quake 1 was ported, and the Official Dreamcast magazine (US) said that there were emulators of the NES as well as others. I just started looking up words like Quake DC, Dreamcast emulation, dc emulation, and the rest is history. After all this time, I finally got a cd burner a week ago so I guess now I can try it all out. I check this place almost every day (usually not on Sunday). It is always in my regular rotation.
AbsoluteXero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AbsoluteXero »

ive been cruising around all the major sites probably since dcemu opened, im an old dude. i used to be dc_xero
Sin-Tex

Post by Sin-Tex »

Well you will just have to guess how i found the site as i,am taking the 5th amendment on that. I think i found the site late november & started viewing the forums around 12th december 2000.

After reading other ppl's topics/ posts & noticeing the potential of the dreamcast & how it could be one of the first consoles to have a wide variety of emulators i decided to join the scene.

Original name: Cyrus Member Number 289 Registered: January 07, 2001.
Wish i joined back in december now :(

My password stopped working for some reason even though my account had not been deleted. So i registered as Syntex & was made Moderator 17th May 2001.
doofnuck
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by doofnuck »

Ive been here every day since like April 2001 and i found it through some ROM site.
Check out my hotline server

Login as

Login= dc
Password= emu
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

hmm, i think ive been here about a year now... got my dc the day after christmas 2000 just for crazy taxi (spent a pretty penny on it in the arcades while i was in the marines), and my little brother was kinda into emulation, but he always just found one site and downlaoded whatever they had... around the end of february/early march he was bitching about how the programs didnt run like they did at his friends house and he couldnt find any "good" gamesa so i agreed to help him get it all working... within about five minutes of offering to help him i found dozens of rom sites and updated all his emus when i found something interesting...dreamsnes...

followed the link and thought i was just reading it wrong when it said it was a super nintendo emulator for dreamcast so i backed out of the page and was led to the dcemu homepageafter reading about everything on the site i put a cd in the burner and burned the boot disc (selfbooting was recommended against at the time because it was difficult and everyone had differant setups), tryed it in the dc, and it actually started up... i couldnt believe it since everyone told me you dreamcast had a special format that you couldnt recreate and i was stupid for buying it when psx games could be bootlegged for free (even though i already had a psx...morons)...anyways, i decided to give one of the emus a try, so i went with neo-poccott (it had the coolest screen shots and i was thinking of getting a NGPC for sonic anyways so i wanted to try it out)...so there you have it, ive been here ever sense (except for a breif period when i was upset at 007 and another period when i was banned by his lame ass admin pyroman)and have been forum mod for several forums, megamod for about a day, then forum admin and newsposter (only posted about 4 newsposts total)...for those wondering why megamod for a day, it was the delay between when i was made megamod and wehn i read my email when psy said "actually we could use another admin" or something similar...