Mortal Kombat 2, DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
fastguy4fastgurl
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mortal Kombat 2, DC

Post by fastguy4fastgurl »

I think mortal kombat 2 is my favorite game of all time, i was wondering if there is a mame for dc that will run the rom, or if theres any way to play an arcade like mk for the dc, i have MK2 for the playstation and its great. almost arcade like, but it suffers in loading time. i saw on the main page how there is a mame that will run it, like mamedc file 6 or something, but this page doesnt have it, any suggestions??
tom61
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by tom61 »

The driver for it is in Pack 6, but like too much of MameD-DC, it doesn't work. :(

Closest thing right now is the Dreamcast game 'Mortal Kombat Gold' by Midway. You should be able to find it cheap.

If MK2 was truely your favorite game ever, you'd buy the real board and build a supergun or buy a cab to play it. :wink: ;)
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

Dreamcast is far too slow to emulate the arcade version of MK2...I believe it takes at least 700-800mhz CPU to run it at full speed in MAME.

Just play the SNES port on DreamSNES.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

That is providing he has a snes and the MK2 cart... of course ;)

Besides, what's the big deal about MK2? I LOVED it when I got it for my Genesis (Megadrive), but when I got MK3 later, it looks so SLOW in comparasin (spelling?)... definitely the best character line-up out of them all, though! Reptile kicks serious butt! :)
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by supersega »

I agree with fastguy4fastgurl, I think that MK2 would be awsome on the dreamcast. Is it possible to make a special emulator just for that rom, similar to the way Dreampac only emulates the pacman rom?
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by supersega »

I agree with fastguy4fastgurl, I think that MK2 would be awsome on the dreamcast. Is it possible to make a special emulator just for that rom, similar to the way Dreampac only emulates the pacman rom?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have that game on Sega 32X, it is the best of the MK series I think.

But you can get it on":

Sega 32X
Super NES
Sega Genesis (although I here this version sucks)

None of them should be expensive.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
fastguy4fastgurl
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

arcade board

Post by fastguy4fastgurl »

I actually did buy the arcade board, :lol: , but havent had time or $ to set it up yet. i like the rom on 1.4g athalon , maybe ill just have to get the arcade stick for the comp and a tv out or somthing
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

Do your MK2 roms have messed up graphics in SegaGen or is it just my rom?!
For example Scorpion looks all screwed up!
Please answer

Don't shut this topic down, i own both the original smash pack and the MK2 cartridge...
AbsoluteXero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AbsoluteXero »

"SegaGen" is illegal, and why the hell do you all keep calling it segagen? If your gonna use an illegal program, at least use the name that the people who brought it to you (Echelon) gave it!
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

well if you really like mk2, you can always use smeg wit hthe gamegear version... sure it isnt great, but it works...i have MK2 for genesis, and its actually quite good, much better than snes (which i had back in the day, but got rid of once i got UMK3 which i got rid of when i got KI), but i cant remember if it runs under dcgen or not....
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Are you sure that MK2 was THAT much better on the Genesis than the SNES?

I remember the SNES version having fancier intro screens, superior sound quality and some high-resolution biography screens...

...but did it have blood? :?

I tried to get MK1 and 2 for Smeg but it didn't load... It didn't load for DC Gen or Dreamsnes or anything! The ONLY version of Mortal Kombat I got to work was the first one for Genesis on the "Sega Smash Pack" Emulator and even then, the controls didn't respond! :x .

Even the Genesis emulator for my PC doesn't load MK 2 or 3! :o

WHATTSUP WIT DAT?
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

well in game mk2 is better on gen for the simple reason that it ran smoother and looked more like the arcade (same with mk1 on gen)...i dont really remember the front end for the snes version much, but still, it always comes down to gameplay, plu the genesis 6 button controller is much better for a game like that than anything available for snes (easier to make smooth motions, better button layout)...of course all this hardly matters on the emulators as neither dreamsnes, dcgen, or mamedc will run those games to their fullest, but i just brought it up cause veg said the gen version suck which it does not... i mean some people might like the snes version better for some reason, but that hardly means the gen version sucks...
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

Illegal or not, SegaGen or "the smashpack loader"?is the only Genesis emu that runs at full speed.
The SNES version looks better then the Genesis one but then again, the 32x version is the true killer!

And neither of you answered my question...
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Yeah... I used to know how to do EVERY Fatality, Friendship and Babality off my heart!

Those were the days.. :cry:

EDIT: By the way, I answered your question... MK2 doesn't run in The Smash Pack Loader at all (or any other emulator for that matter), maybe it's my Roms... :?
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

has to be your roms, man..
My MK2 (and 3 for that matter) runs.
The thing is that MK2 has screwed graphics on some of the characters, thats all.
aberf
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by aberf »

Yeah, SegaGen is your best bet if you want to play MK2. Scorpion gets pixelated but the game runs great and is playable. It doesn't play Street Fighter 2 well, if at all. But SegaGen runs MK2 awesome.
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

anyone got any version of Street fighter 2 working on SegaGen (there are a couple of em...)?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Do my eyes decieve me??? No..... This really is an open topic discussing the use of the forbidden SegaGen!
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Shoigres
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Shoigres »

Snes MK2 is better than on Genesis , for sure . Graphics , sounds and fun . It's so easy to see , just take both games side by side ( or rom by rom ! ) . The only advantage of MK1 on Genesis , the blood and gore , were gone , since MK2 on Snes had it all , just like the arcade .

By the way , I've got the PSX version of MK2 also , and the music is not so good as the Snes one . Incredible , but truth .

MK2 is the best MK game by far , and one of my favourite fighting games of all time . The fight against Kintaro is amazing ! :o