DREAM EYE HOMEBREW SOFTWARE

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DREAM EYE HOMEBREW SOFTWARE

Post by DreamcastUK »

hello there,

Is there any other Dream Eye software out there as this thing is all in JAP is there any games like the PS2 Eye toy or at least a camera version in english I won it on ebay and the guide did give me a step by step guide how to do it that was nice of him but they sohlud have made more things for it.
ishpeck
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ishpeck »

What's a DreamEye? Is it a camera?
Don't think of them as Orcs. Think of them as XP with legs and axes.
http://www.ishpeck.net/
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

yea its the dreamcast camera. I got mine back in feb for about 60 bucks off ebay. impressive piece of hardware. you can record short movies with sound and send em to people. and of course take pics and edit em. anyone eles have on around here. but of what i know there is no software for it other than the JP software. i would love to see some homebrew software though, or just translated version of the orinigal one. but thats bad and warezish.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

I also have the DreamEye for over one year now... but I never tested it. :D
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

another Dreamcast first... how come I never heard of it? PS2 Eye-Toy is all over the place...
djgarf
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by djgarf »

impetus wrote:another Dreamcast first... how come I never heard of it? PS2 Eye-Toy is all over the place...
it was only released in japan and in limited numbers too i think!
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

yea but you can buy it and there are warehouses full of them.. it would be great to see some homebrew software like i said for it ... ie beat the eye toy for games :) as the eye toy games are basicly free games when you buy a pc web cam as when i got mine for the pc it came with all games like that and vollyball :)...... PS2 wasted its webcam as the only good game it would of been good for is police 24/7 and they can't use the eye toy on it
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

If only Sony had given us the bird demo & maybe the weapon one as well (though the bird was best) with it :( then I'd be :)
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I recently sold a bunch of stuff on eBay and I took all the pics with my Dreameye. It's really a rather shit camera. Equivelant to like a $20 webcam maybe. But I guess it's cool that Sega released it. Anyone else here who has it interested in seeing if we can set up a Dreameye video phone conference?

...word is bondage...
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

I don't think it would be easy to do homebrew. The only driver for the thing is in a special version of the Katana, and not even the WinCE SDK has it. For KOS support, reverse engineering would be the best way to go. I want one of those, to see what i can do tinkering with it...
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

Well i am based in the UK and there is one going on ebay for ?4.99 at the moment which is v.cheap I may buy it and I will send it to you (Regarding you pay for it lol if you don't see it or bid on it)

I have the same Signature as you on my http://www.ukrockers.com Forum Room account