SINGLE ARCADE GAMES FOR DC

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Should there be a DCEMULATION SHOP

Yes?
40%
No?
20%
Don't Care
40%

Total votes: 5
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SINGLE ARCADE GAMES FOR DC

Post by DreamcastUK »

Hello there,

Well I have tried a number of times and so many DC have been wasted I really like some of the SINGLE ARCADE GAMES ON http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/emulators.htm but i just haven't got the time to do them and I would like to see WWF WRESTLEFEST and MOONWALKER the arcade game run on here.

If someone was to make them I would be willing to pay (I know thats wrong but people do it on ebay all the time) and that was the reason what killed the Dreamcast and I think I was the only person in the UK at the time not to have a Copied game I had loads of PAL games and a Fool I was as I sold all my collection which had 4 copies of the UK PAL verison of REZ and I only sold the lot for ?100 ....... And the reason I had 4 copies was because I wanted the game to be number 1 on the DC charts.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Selling the SGA's with ROMS would be illegal. I'm not sure of the terms of the MAME license (is it GPL or something else? Never bothered to check) but I think that selling a SGA without the ROM would be at the very least against the spirit in which it was released if not in violation of the license. Not to mention that Ian gets mighty annoyed when people sell his stuff which is understandable since he does all of his ports for free.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Well the source most of the SGA's were under was not GPL . It is a custom lic .Does not allow that if it was GPL you could sell the emulator with out roms. With roms it is illegal and I have had websites remove them. For Example the Galaga SGA Took me 4 weeks and the grafix and menus with a 4 function menu and remix music by my wife is my pride and joy. There is no Hint that it is a emulator at all when it boots up. So People started selling it on Ebay as a real RARE sega release. I had them remove it as well.

It really is easy to burn them. I released a pack that supports 300+ games for the public . The real SGA's why i called them that had at lest 20 Plus images for grafix. Intro music anmated Menus and loading screens . The front ends i wrote were close to the way Dreaminducer worked. Other SGAs were just one menu screen and thats it. But Galaga SGA had a real menu with a transpert moving hand. Galaga in pictures, History , and other features. So there really was a point to the first SGA's i did for easter they were to me more then just a game. I tryed to create seemless ports of classic arcade games and have it so it felt like a offcial release. That worked and people started selling them. That was not want i wanted. So now i even have all the mame stuff back showing it is a emulator and even pressing ok to get past the warning screens. I do it for free And never include roms doing so breaks the mame lic and the law. So cant be done . I would have to get permission from namco and i dont see that happening :mrgreen:
Dreamcast forever!!!
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Well it really depends on the cost, It is Ok for ANYONE to sell such things at Cost.
i.e.
$.33 for CD
+$1.20 Media mail
so about $2 for a CD which includes shipping(obviously international shipping would cost more) I doubt most people would care, however intending to "profit" off such a venture would not be advised.

But yeah your "customers" would definately have to get the roms themselves.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

i didn't want to get all the big DCE guys into this i was just saying because I own the real orginal SEGA ARCADE machine of Moonwalker and the WWF WRESTLEFEST so I am not doing anything wrong by the law seeing as I have them.

ROMS removed after 24hrs if you don't have them well I do so now what?
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

i didn't want to get all the big DCE guys into this i was just saying because I own the real orginal SEGA ARCADE machine of Moonwalker and the WWF WRESTLEFEST so I am not doing anything wrong by the law seeing as I have them.
that doesnt help because there is no way you can prove that
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

DreamcastUK wrote:i didn't want to get all the big DCE guys into this i was just saying because I own the real orginal SEGA ARCADE machine of Moonwalker and the WWF WRESTLEFEST so I am not doing anything wrong by the law seeing as I have them.
Why don't you just play them on the arcade machine then?
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: SINGLE ARCADE GAMES FOR DC

Post by arcticfeather »

DreamcastUK wrote:the reason I had 4 copies was because I wanted the game to be number 1 on the DC charts.
That seems totally pointless, 3 extra sales are hardly gonna boast it up to the top spot

and so what if it does/doesn't reach number 1?
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

well i have them and i will give you photos of me playing it sitting beside them and of me throwing hulk out the ring if that matters but i just wanna see what its like on the dc and when I don't wanna go in the games room or if I have a mate round playing on the DC...
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

WRESTLEFEST and MOONWALKER i have not done them yet im doing apack that has 500+ arcade machines supported.But all 1980's machines and 1 1990s. :mrgreen: :wink:
Dreamcast forever!!!
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

so why at one stage on the main page of DCE was they WWF WRESTLEFEST and then it got removed what was that about?