NesterDC --compatibility list-- Please Post

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
simonko
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by simonko »

Can someone please post a list of games that currently work 100%.

Also, Takayama can you get "SplatterHouse SD" and "Street Fighter Zero" to work with NesterDC.

Thanks.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

just test the games on your computer and then on the dc. i know of a game that no one else has reported not working and it's, burgertime.
Oz
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Oz »

Dunno about the amerian version, but the japanese version of burgertime seems to work ok (cept the sound seems a bit off at times).
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

My Burgertime rom works fine.
US version and all!
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Yeah my Burgertime works perfect, and its the US one. You probably just have a bad rom. There isn't much of a point to posting a list. Just get a PC emulator that tells you what mapper the rom uses (i.e. NESten) and check if NesterDC supports that mapper. I know that Street Fighter Zero uses mapper 187, and that is usupported in the current version of NesterDC (although it is supported in the PC version of UNester...weird).
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast Is Still Alive »

The ROM that doesn't work for me is 10 Pin Bowling (one of my favorite NES games doesn't work). when it loads up it looks like a dirty NES Cartridge.
Cutman
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Cutman »

I've downloaded 10 Pin Bowling off of about 10 sites and I can't get it to work with any Nintendo emus on pc or dc.
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

Paperboy isn't working for me. It loads fine, there are no graphical glitches or anything like that. But it doesn't recognize any input from the controllers (either one). I have a good rom (according to cowering's goodnes) and it works fine on pc emus. And I haven't run into anything like this on any other roms with NesterDC.

NesterDC rules.
ThatGreenJesus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Splatterhouse SD

Post by ThatGreenJesus »

Super Deformed Splatterhouse works fine for me (that is, it started working fine in NESter 4)..you could have a bad rom.
...WITH A BOMB IN ITS RIBCAGE!
iwanpompier
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by iwanpompier »

i have more version's of Paperboy and only one of them i'am having the same problem as snake78
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

simonko wrote: Can someone please post a list of games that currently work 100%.
Since there are so many games on the NES, I think it would be better to post games that do not work correcrtly or do not work at all.

simonko wrote: Also, Takayama can you get "SplatterHouse SD" and "Street Fighter Zero" to work with NesterDC.
Both of those games work for me. I think the problem is that overtime, the people that dumped Street Fighter Zero had put it on their website and the files became currupt and now a bunch of rom sites have those currupted files. I had to ask the people that dumped it to send it to me.

SinisterTengu wrote: I know that Street Fighter Zero uses mapper 187, and that is usupported in the current version of NesterDC (although it is supported in the PC version of UNester...weird).
It does work and so do all those oither pirated fighting games.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
simonko
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by simonko »

Cant get " Tecmo Wrestling " to work. Thats like the best wrestling game for the Nes.

Anyone else have this problem?
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Street Fighter Zero works?

Post by SinisterTengu »

Street Fighter Zero works? :oops: Hmm...well I never actually tried it, I just went by the official documentation that said it didn't support Mapper 187. I guess maybe it hasn't been updated in a while. I wonder what mappers it supports since that was written...?
DeGamer wrote:
simonko wrote: Can someone please post a list of games that currently work 100%.
Since there are so many games on the NES, I think it would be better to post games that do not work correcrtly or do not work at all.

simonko wrote: Also, Takayama can you get "SplatterHouse SD" and "Street Fighter Zero" to work with NesterDC.
Both of those games work for me. I think the problem is that overtime, the people that dumped Street Fighter Zero had put it on their website and the files became currupt and now a bunch of rom sites have those currupted files. I had to ask the people that dumped it to send it to me.

SinisterTengu wrote: I know that Street Fighter Zero uses mapper 187, and that is usupported in the current version of NesterDC (although it is supported in the PC version of UNester...weird).
It does work and so do all those oither pirated fighting games.
eham
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by eham »

The Jap game Holy diver made by irem its a kind of Castlevania rip off does not work properly to much glitches and im sure this game use mapers...
ty
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ty »

heres a few games that i cant get to work or have glitches.

commando. looks ok at first but the gameplay just seems jumbled and the enemys seem to dissapear and reapear.
silent assault. just a black screen.
elite. messed up graphics.
big nose freaks out. messed up graphics.

i don't think i have bad roms i've got a few versions of each of these games.
CyCo PL
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by CyCo PL »

Games that don't work for me:

BurgerTime (just starts with a black screen, it's probably the ROM though)

Battletoads & Double Dragon (crashes after character select screen)

Jeopardy (doesn't start, once again, probably the rom)

Final Fantasy 2 (starts at the title screen, but then starts flickering like crazy, nothing responds so it just stays at the title screen... it's patched to english though, so once again, it may just be my rom :) )

Paperboy works perfectly for me. As does paperboy 2. I guess there's just so many different dumps of different roms out there, some people have ones that are functional with NesterDC and some people have ones that aren't.

Despite it's minor, minor shortcomings, I love NesterDC. My PS2 has been collecting dust for the past couple weeks while I've been playing my dreamcast almost nonstop. Now I just gotta find a controller that's not so damn awkward, I hate the dreamcast controllers for playing NES games. Does anybody know if there's a way to hook up a playstation/ps2 controller to a dreamcast?
simonko
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by simonko »

Some other games I tested:

Mitsume - has a scrolling glitch problem
Star Tropics 2: the heath/points menu on the bottom jumps/ glitch?
Tom & Jerry 3: the heath/points menu on the bottom jumps/ glitch?
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Marble Madness

Post by SinisterTengu »

I found a glitch in Marble Madness. Its not a big deal really, but when you are first starting the level, the part where it says "Time to finish (whatever) race:" and it shows the time it will give you, you can't read what race you are on, because the text is all glitched out.
Dante
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Dante »

Level two in Ninja Gaiden 2 is glitched beyond belief. ?'m not exactly sure what causes this to happen - maybe an unsupported mapper?
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Unsupported or unfinished? If you can play the game at all, it is supported, but the mapper may still be unfinished.