SEGA in Control

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lord_Ball »

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah they did the master system one has a card slot for games and the 3d glasses that did not work on mastersystem 2 at all and all your card games were useless.

Some genesis 1 games would not work on genesis 2 . My copy of golden axe for example does not work on my megadrive2 and was well known problem as when it went to budget it had megadrive 1 only on it.
Is that response in relation to when I said
Lord_Ball wrote: Where those actual sequels? or just a redesign. In otherwords did they have any games that didn't work with a megadrive1 or master system 1?
?

If so then it would seem that Aside from the exception in from the Sega Document talking about the Megadrive
The original console itself went through innumerable revisions, unknown to most users save the ones who owned one of the very first consoles, which had trouble playing a few of the newer games.
The mastersystem 1 and Megadrive 1 played "all" the newest games as well as old. I would consider a "sequel" more along the lines of PS2 and gameboy where the newest games wouldn't work on the old system.

What the DC needs is a Successor not a "sequel".
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

Hello there all well Dreamcast was and still is the only home Console which lets you use the Internet and check your emails.. The VMU was the best Memory card I have ever seen.

I love the JAP games for the Dreamcast shame they didn't bring out Grant Grams and Fire Pro D here as fire pro was on the Nes , Snes , GBA , Ps2 so why wasn't there a US / PAL version as I updated the whole game to English bar the menu's

All the new Sega arcade games are made by Sammy I see now on http://www.system16.com will we ever see Sonic in Super Smash Bro's?

As that would be the best game ever They could of used it very well as they could of made the same game twice and got loads of money Sonic Hero's Vs Mario Hero's 2 disc set would of done well.

I have ordered all the New 9 Dreamcast Games plus Feet of Fury. :)
Does anyone know if anyone was able to get the rights to bring back the servers for the Sega Dreamcast as SEGANET as I have been told are the 5th biggest ISP in the US. and it would be good if we could still play the DC online as I have the BBA and wanna use it before I throw it away as it cost me enough money and I haven't used it yet.

I still think SEGA will be around forever I was just playing my SEGA MEGA Tech arcade Machine which is in my Games room next to my Sonic the Hedgehog JPM fruit Machine and my Sega Model 3 Cabnet. I was playing the Classic Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for the Mega Drive :)

One last Question did Sonic Championship / Fighters come out on the Sega Saturn and why don't SEGA ever put the really good sonic games on there collection games ie Sonic R / Jam / Championship / Super Sega Sonic they always put sonic 1,2,3 everyone's has them everyone has played that put the other Sonics on for a change.!

Anyway Regards all I got a bit carried away
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

I can remember the Master System 1 having Safari Hunt & Hang-On built into it... whereas the Master System 2 first had some Alex Kidd game built in, followed by the later models that had the first Sonic game built in.
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The very first Master Systems didn't have a game built into them at all - they just popped up a message saying "insert cartridge". I think the early US ones had a snail maze game which you could access by starting up with no cartridge, and pressing some buttons.

My SMS2 had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in, I've seen one with Sonic, and I've seen an SMS2 with something else built in, but I can't remember what it was.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Both buttons & up got the maze game goin & now I got the maze tune in my head & I just know it aint gonna go away for ages :x
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Sega look set to be back on form with great games out and coming out on Xbox and PS2 and it is kicking ass on the GBASP with games like Crazy Taxi and Virtua Tennis Jet set radio and Space Channel 5 play them on the train..
well ive played space channel 5 on GBA. And i must say its a POS. sry to say it but if these games made dreamcast fail then why do they keep making em. they shouldnt tamper with a clasic. The Dreamcast game was great, why make people play it on GBA and think its terrible and never want to get the Dreamcast version.
no I am just saying SEGA are back on the seen and the words from SEGA if PSO on all formats does well online which it is now doing in the US on the XBOX and sonic heros does well on all formats this coming FEB 2004 SEGA will make a Dreamcast 2.... well thats what they said not me .
and where did we hear this from?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

man ESPN NHL Hockey (or NHL 2K4) OWNS NHL 2004 its not even funny!

SEGA SPORTS > EA SPORTS

and i'm damn proud to say it too :mrgreen:
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

BlackAura wrote:The very first Master Systems didn't have a game built into them at all - they just popped up a message saying "insert cartridge". I think the early US ones had a snail maze game which you could access by starting up with no cartridge, and pressing some buttons.

My SMS2 had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in, I've seen one with Sonic, and I've seen an SMS2 with something else built in, but I can't remember what it was.
Mine does it has Hang On/Safari Hunt and the snail game thats 3 games built in. and it is a sms 1 it has the card slot. Ive also got a SMS1 with chopperlifter builtin and one with just hangon

Sms power base version 1 pal model e. look it up on the net other people had other games.
==
EDIT!
mine is this one
4. "Sega Master System Plus"; SMS I, two controllers, light phaser, and

Hang On/Safari Hunt built-in
So it is not rare after all but it is a late model 1 and some model 1 sms's did not have built in games but late model 1 sms's did the strange thing about mine is it has the snail game as well as the to builtin games and the FAQ says it does not there wrong on that.

==
Saved people the trouble here is the FAQ on it
There are also 3 (possibly 4) different built-in software variations of the

SMS I. I assume these systems replaced the base units and carts listed in

the above packages. They are:

#1. Hang On/Safari Hunt

#2. Missile Defense 3-D

#3. Hang On/Astro Warrior (exist? I have yet to encounter one)

#4. Hang On

The SMS II was released with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in, one

controller and necessary hook-ups.
check the http://www.gameconsoles.com/master_system_faq.htm

Mine had 2 games built in and it was a master system 1 plus the snail game makes it 3 .

SMS1 100% had built in games or mine is a super rare proto type and im going to sell it to the highest bidder!

Australia pal version 1 has built in games
Dreamcast forever!!!
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

I had a UK PAL master system one it and had the snail game I had to press like both buttons at the start.

And I also Had Hang on and this gun game.

SEGA will be a great force like there were when they beat the snes with the Mega Drive.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

no I am just saying SEGA are back on the seen and the words from SEGA if PSO on all formats does well online which it is now doing in the US on the XBOX and sonic heros does well on all formats this coming FEB 2004 SEGA will make a Dreamcast 2.... well thats what they said not me .

i would also like to know where that came from??.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

I REALLY Hope they don't even THINK of making a Dreamcast 2. Dreamcast is fine just the way it is. Leave the pointless upgrades to companies like Sony and Microsoft who've got money to burn.
why? what would the video game industry be without upgrades?
im kinda of fedup of the talk of something that 1) is not at all likely to happen and 2) makes no sense, i.e the dreamcast revival. The hope of a dreamcast 2 in the making however is something i'm looking forward to and probably the only thing sega has left besides devving for companies that should have been their competitors.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

N-Gage is out in the UK and SEGA once again leads the way with Super Monkey Ball and Sonic N ..... and there is a loads of games from SEGA due out as well :) SEGA IN CONTROL