Image Capture

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
bizzle
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Image Capture

Post by bizzle »

I have a Kodak DX3215 digital camera. Linux detects it, but I can't figure out how to get the pictures off the camera. Any idea how I might do this?
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

You can lift them up off the camera, and set them down on your desk, unless you did something silly like gluing them to the camera. :P
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Do you know how it's supposed to work? Some digital cameras I've seen work like a disk drive - you can read the images off the camera's memory like they were files. Other cameras seem to use scanner-like drivers, which are generally a pain in the buttocks to use.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Well.. I went into the KDE Control Center, and went to peripherals, and found my camera in there. I selected it, did the test, worked fine. Someone told me to type 'camera:/'' in konquerer.. That worked up until transfering. I could see what pictures were on there, but when I'd go to copy them, it would just sit there.