How long have you been a gamer?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pavelbure »

i would say 21 years. i was 5 and my dad bought us a atari 5200. galaxian, centipede, missle command, super breakout, super pacman, countermeasure. all very good games.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Not that long my Mum was all anti, it wasnt till the day my little bro actually got some cash and brought a Playstation I started playing. And now I have:
6NES's
A SNES
2Playstations
2SMS's
A Megadrive2
A Mega CD
4Megadrive 1's
A Dreamcast
A Saturn
And an Xbox
To make up for all those missed yearsof good ol 8/16bit gaming :)
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

After my dad bought my PlayStation he never wanted me to buy a videogame system ever again. That was the last dollar he ever spent on videogames for me ever, i was in grade 8 at the time. he always keeps saying "You have enough games! They're all the same anyways!" He yelled at me when i bought my DC, and he keeps saying I wasted my money on my Xbox. hell, he STILL doesn't know I have an N64 since I hide it when i'm not playing it :lol: And don't get me started on my PC Games! "THERE'S ONLY 40 GIGS FREE! DELETE THAT CRAP!"

but whatever, i haven't taken him seriously when it comes to electronics since he proudly said "Computers are obsolete!!!" :roll:
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Lunchbox wrote:After my dad bought my PlayStation he never wanted me to buy a videogame system ever again. That was the last dollar he ever spent on videogames for me ever, i was in grade 8 at the time. he always keeps saying "You have enough games! They're all the same anyways!" He yelled at me when i bought my DC, and he keeps saying I wasted my money on my Xbox. hell, he STILL doesn't know I have an N64 since I hide it when i'm not playing it :lol: And don't get me started on my PC Games! "THERE'S ONLY 40 GIGS FREE! DELETE THAT CRAP!"

but whatever, i haven't taken him seriously when it comes to electronics since he proudly said "Computers are obsolete!!!" :roll:
:rofl:

I've been playing games since I was about 8. I was really into the NES, even more into the SNES, then I played a Playstation and kind of lost interest in gaming. (Yes, Sony killed my interest in games!) I didn't play a single video game between 1997 and 2001, when I got my Dreamcast. Even on that, I mostly just plyu Shenmue, Soul Calibur and NesterDC. The two systems I still play most often (which is still not much) are my NES and SNES. Seems I've come full circle. :mrgreen:
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

I'm 22 and started with NES back in the day. I've always loved games but I think I became a "gamer" when I got my Dreamcast and GBA a couple years ago.

Right now, PS2, Dreamcast, and NES get the most play.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

12 years - Mum won me a SMS II when I was four. That was all I had for a fair while until I got a GBC. I only really got a 'proper' console that I was old enough to appreciate when I won my Dreamcast (and then my PS2, and then got my XBox for free :P) three years ago.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Over 20 years for me also, first comp was a Vic 20 /me gets looked down on by all the swanky gits that had c16's & 128's first, later dived into consoles with a master system with the maze game built in
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I was around 3ish, and it was some system my parents had before I was born. I don't know what the system was called, but it had pong, and a shooting game. I'm 24, so...I've been playing for about 21 years. But the first game I ever seriously got into was Kung Fu Master at a local arcade when I was 5. Dad game me $1 a week to play it :D
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Computers aren't obsolete it takes a minumum of 3 and a half weeks for them to become obsolete nowadays :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

My whole life. My grandparents had an Atari 2600 before I was born. I remember playing PacMan on that :D

I got an NES around 4, a Genesis not too long after it came out, then 32x, N64 (that got stolen -_-), first PC, Dreamcast, N64 again (so I could play Zelda OoT), current PC. I'll be getting a Gamecube sometime in the not too distant future for the sole purpose of Zelda.
daisyboy13
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by daisyboy13 »

Gamer since five or so, played old nintendo games all day long, but I sucked then.
And I don't want to live my life, like everybody else
And I won't say that I feel fine, like everybody else
cause, I'm not like everbody else
-the Kinks-
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I've been gaming for almost 20 years. My first system(s) were received for Christmas when I was 5 or 6 for Christmas. They were an Atari 2600 and a Colecovision. I had a butt-load of games, because I think my parents got both systems when the game industry was taking a nose-dive (probably shortly after the ET debacle). My favorite games on the Colecovision were Donkey Kong, Choplifter, and a Big Bird game (it had its own controller), and on the 2600 it was Jungle Hunt and Joust. Definitely good times!
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

Since I was 2... that was when I got a Atari 2600... while my brother had a Commodore C16 - then I got a C64 and so it went from there... I'm 19 now so I've been gaming for about 17 years :o God it feels like only yesterday that I was playing Ghostbusters on the Atari... god that was dire, lol :lol:
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I can't remember a time I didn't love to play video games.
No signature.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I've been a gamer for a few weeks now.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

The nicest thing to see that the older people in here who started with an real old computer and still are gamers today. I myself started playing with a Videopac (better known as the Oddesy) when I was 6 or something. A friend of mine had it and we had great times playing with it. Only thinking about that brings me back to the 80's. I still have to burn and play Odd-DC to get the ultimate nostaliga kick.

When I was about 13 I bought my first gamecomputer, an Atari 2600 Junior (was cheaper than the NES that time ;)). Since than I am a gamer. That's about 10 years ago.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Exact year? About 1984, when I first started playing Pacman on my Atari.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

erm, can't remember really. if the commodore +4 counts then my parents got one just after it was new (i think) then it was a commodore 64. if not then it was a mega-drive/genesis when i was about 9 or 10.

i'm 21 now so you work it out
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
scottymac
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by scottymac »

I begged my parents for one of those home pong machines back when I was 9 or 10, so I guess that puts me as a gamer for over 22 years.

I think 22 years puts me as the longest gamer so far.

R Ya :mrgreen: ?
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

oooh lets see... was addicked when I was 4 or 5 with my ex-uncle's c64... so about 20 years.