guys i got a problem

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

guys i got a problem

Post by ian »

when playing my dc sometimes it cuts out after 15 min especially when playing crazy taxi.. its not over heating ive checked this can any one help me solve this cause its really annoying

cheers
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Nintenter
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Nintenter »

might be a bad psu....do you have more than one dreamcast? if so then try swapping psu's.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

no i only have one dc im getting a second off a mate i need one to mod and one to play ... i didnt think it would be the psu ill check it when i get home
Nintenter
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Nintenter »

when you say "cuts out", do you mean the whole dc shuts off?
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

sorry i should have been more specific.. :D it resets itself after it does it the first time it resets every 10 sec
linus2k3
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: guys i got a problem

Post by linus2k3 »

ian wrote:when playing my dc sometimes it cuts out after 15 min especially when playing crazy taxi.. its not over heating ive checked this can any one help me solve this cause its really annoying

cheers
some people might not know this, but there is something in all dreamcast systems, it's in other systems too, its called a laser power adjustment switch, open you dreamcast, and push the lens to the back of your dreamcast, then you will see a silver circle, that's the switch, take a small, small flathead screwdriver and try turning it slightly to the right, it should work, you can try other directions if you like, then your game should work and your dreamcast should read & load faster, give it a try and send me an email if you got it right, my email is daubbersonville6@yahoo.com
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

what if i put it too high will it blow out :( ill try ill just move it a wee tiny minute bit up and see if that works :D thanks
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

what if i put it too high will it blow out ill try ill just move it a wee tiny minute bit up and see if that works thanks
No don't bother this problem is related to certain pins on the power supply...Apparently if you wiggle them around a bit the problem is solved...Look in the forums FAQ for a guide on how to do it.
If that dosen't work THEN try the pointometer tweaking :|
linus2k3
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by linus2k3 »

the tweaking idea might be alirght, dont worry about putting it too high, it wont blow out, there is a fail-safe designed inside the dreamcastg which keeps it from blowing out if you put the power too high, just try fiddling with until you get it right, i had to do the same thing, and now my dc works perfect
<am i human or wolf, it is up to you to decide

If you come to me saying you've tried everything, that only tells me that you've tried my stuff also, and it didn't work. so no sense in me helping you. Plain & Simple

linus2k3
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by linus2k3 »

mattthemodder wrote:
what if i put it too high will it blow out ill try ill just move it a wee tiny minute bit up and see if that works thanks
No don't bother this problem is related to certain pins on the power supply...Apparently if you wiggle them around a bit the problem is solved...Look in the forums FAQ for a guide on how to do it.
If that dosen't work THEN try the pointometer tweaking :|
the tweaking idea might be alirght, dont worry about putting it too high, it wont blow out, there is a fail-safe designed inside the dreamcastg which keeps it from blowing out if you put the power too high, just try fiddling with until you get it right, i had to do the same thing, and now my dc works perfect
<am i human or wolf, it is up to you to decide

If you come to me saying you've tried everything, that only tells me that you've tried my stuff also, and it didn't work. so no sense in me helping you. Plain & Simple

ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

i fiddled around with a few of the conponents :roll: then gave it a try it worked i stayed up all night playing.. imean testing yes i was testing it and didnt have a problem :D ill do more fiddleing tonight but if it works again thanx in advence :D
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Look in the FAQ for a guide on how to fix the power supply... Ah i'll just link em' [URL]http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2007[URL/]

[URL]http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3907[URL/]
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

well it started doing it again so i popped the top looked inside (thouroughly) and i saw something unusal i blew and out came a small insect!! it looked like a baby moth exept it was black i probaly fried it... i was thinking wtf??? how did a bug get it my dc ?? probaly went in through the fan bay.. not sure if that was the problem so more testing for me :?
TheGreatCraig
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheGreatCraig »

Hahahahaha. Thats funny.
"Die Turtles!!!!!!!!!"
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

TheGreatCraig wrote:Hahahahaha. Thats funny.
i know its funny :lol: bloody bug going in my dc :evil: ill kill it ...oh wait i already did :D