Planetweb Browser V 2.606

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Planetweb Browser V 2.606

Post by SaSSO »

Description: This is an official web browser for the dreamcast made by planet web. The one that comes with your dreamcast works but this newer version is much better more features etc. This contains a slew of new features such as flash 3, java and other things.
Status: Warning: Browser can cause a problem with PSO which will flash your internal number in the DC and will cause Phantasy Star Online not to work...

Did this problem ever occur for anyone? Because I am thinking of downloading it, but not if this is a frequent problem and I will lose my PSO number, and have to pay 20.00 for a whole new game...

Thank you. :roll:
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

it doesnt erase your pso serial number (if it did you could just type it in again), it erases your dc's internal id number and happens 100% of the time, so dont use it if you want to play pso cause youll have to pay $70 to play it again (50 for a new dc and 20 for a new game cause you cant use the same serial on differant dc's)...
Lilmuckers
Resident Transvestite
Resident Transvestite

Post by Lilmuckers »

no

you ring up sega internet enqiureies and reset your PSO serial number

they ask you some questions to check it isn't a pirated version, like no's on the CD and others (not saying them all)

and you can go online again

at least, thats how it works in europe, Japan and everywhere else
http://www.Spider-Console.co.uk
the ONLY place to leave
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Lilmuckers wrote: no

you ring up sega internet enqiureies and reset your PSO serial number

they ask you some questions to check it isn't a pirated version, like no's on the CD and others (not saying them all)

and you can go online again

at least, thats how it works in europe, Japan and everywhere else
Didn't work for me. I called them *and* emailed Sega Europe and was pretty much told T.S. if I had lost my serial number, I wasn't getting another one. ?40 well spent then. :evil:

I can only assume this late 'in the game' Sega couldnt really give a toss about customer support....