yo i just got mahself a dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

yo i just got mahself a dreamcast

Post by asshoe »

i just got myself a dreamcast off of ebay, got it today :o anyways. i got it for $21.25, it came with 2 vmus,2 controllers,1 dreamcast, and connections. so im pretty happy today :P, been reading a lot of tutorials here so i think i can burn dreamcast homebrew games now so. Any official games you guys suggest i get? Homebrew games? should i get a jump/rumble pack while im at it? THX. SO HAPPY I GOT A DREAMCAST *JUMPS UP AND DOWN* YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. now to see if it is worthy of its graphics and games 0_o edit: btw i got it for so cheap because the dreamcast cd case ting wouldnt close, took a look at it, the open button was stuck so i got a lil object and wiggle it a little fixed it sorta, i have to clean the sides and under the button or something becuase it gets stuck again if it push it down to far. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA IM SO HAPPY
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

Congratulations !

What kind of games do you like
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

oh yeah i was going to say that :P, i like action games and first person shooters. i dont really like rpgs but xenogears for the psx really did something to me, its like the only rpg that i like :P for psx anyways, so anything that is as addictive as xenogears would be nice :P. fighting games. if a lot of people like it ill probaly will to :P i dont really care about graphics jsut as long as they look better than the psx ones. sry about all the :P im just so damn happy :D:D:D:D:D
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Look into DC racers, if you're interested. The DC controller is great for racing games, like: Speed Devils, Vanishing Point, Test Drive 6 (Hey, I liked it!) , Test Drive V-Rally, Test Drive Le Mans, Metropolis Street Racer, Daytona USA, 4x4 evo, and Crazy Taxi is always a blast.

Maken X is a good DC FPS. Well, u actually use a sword, but it's still in FP mode.
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

great ill chek maken x iw as about to say anything swords or medievil that are action pack or with a lot of gore heh :D ill chek them racin games out to
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

If you like fighting games, then you can rest assured that any other console would not satisfy you as much as Dreamcast.

The following list of must-have games should be in every Dreamcast owner's library and should not count as a choice of videogame :)

Must haves: Dead or Alive 2(or Soul calibur)(fighting), Rayman 2(platform), Test Drive LeMans(Driving).

These should prove the "Better than Playstation" bit (That's ALL playstations....) and also as a "In the same league as current next generation systems"

Most iomportantly, however, these games are fun, have depth and are challenging, which is what you bought your Dreamcast for.... ULTIMATE GAMING.

It's great that you realise graphics aren't everything. From there, you can start making informed choices about other games you'd like.

Look around for websites that have reviews of the games, and of course, always consult other gamers (ie come back here) whenever you get the chance.

Major Dreamcast Game reviews can be found at
IGN.com or
gamespot.com or
gamesdomain.com

Have fun
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
MDPBlackout
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by MDPBlackout »

I don't know if you will like shenmue because it's kinda like an rpg but it's got a lot of fighting in it. I like it anyway
Another good racing game is SegaGT
For FPS Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena
For Action try Jet Grind(Set) Radio
ambientdistortions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ambientdistortions »

farrell2k wrote:Look into DC racers, if you're interested. The DC controller is great for racing games, like: Speed Devils, Vanishing Point, Test Drive 6 (Hey, I liked it!) , Test Drive V-Rally, Test Drive Le Mans, Metropolis Street Racer, Daytona USA, 4x4 evo, and Crazy Taxi is always a blast.

Maken X is a good DC FPS. Well, u actually use a sword, but it's still in FP mode.
I guess it's not considered a racer? ;), but Demolition Racer - No Exit
is pretty cool! (IMO)

It's like, a much much better destruction derby is it for the psx? with rockin' music! :)

Clint Thompson
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

These games are a must!
Space Channel 5
Jet Grind Radio
Chu Chu Rocket
Toy commander

all three of those games are VERY cheap (like 5 bucks each) I must also say get urself some online games. there are only a couple left but you say you love FPS get quake 3. Also get urself Phantasy Star Online v2. If you need a ISP i can hook u up with a link to some free ones to use.

And just some random games I suggest are
Ecco the dolphin
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Soul reaver

Dont forget about the three bleemcast disk that let u play GT3, Metal Gear Solid, and Tekken 3 on ur dreamcast.

And if you want a cool game and to support the homebrew scene get feet of fury. Its the fist commercial Dreamcast game. Only about 20 bucks.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

ummm, free isp? guess there are free dial up isps? ill try using that guide to hook up teh dreamcast to use your broadband connection (atleast some of it) or get a BBA :P and to browse the web on the dreamcast do i need the planetweb brower or is it built in? if not any free dreamcast browsers? i deffiently want to play my dreamcast online thats a must :P ill check out the games, all i have around here is gamstop, goodwill, and slavation army. my dad said he found some at teh goodwill or salvation army so ill check that out than i can try ebay :D BTW: i ahve mdk for pc and i love it. is mdk 2 just as good or better? and do the controlls for mdk2 on dreamcast good? say better than psx controler? btw should i get a jump pack/runble for dc? must ahve?
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Congratulations!! You made a wise decision. In terms of must games, it all comes down to what kinds of games you like. However, there are a lot of great games for good prices. Electronics Boutique has a sale of 15 games for $50. I would stay away from the old sports games just because you can get those for less at other places (I used to get them for like 99 cents). Sega made the best sports games for the system, but NFL Blitz series was ok. The great thing for you is that a lot of games are affordable, but it is difficult to rent games. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend that you get as many demo discs as you can just so that you can try a bunch of games for very little.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

ok wait a sec im confused witht his free isp stuff :O. ok i searched free isps on forums, and found a lot, i found a free isp that works with pso v2 supposedly. anways so if i enter the isp information and the dns server stuff, once i enter that stuff and play pso v2 online will it be free? i won't ahve to pay for connected with the telephone line? or the monthly fee? thx for the information. im a big n00b13 :P
MDPBlackout
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by MDPBlackout »

the NTSC version of PSO v2 is not free but the pal version is free. You still have to pay the phone bill you just don't have to pay for isp fee
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

ah ok, kool. i'll try that one thing where you hook up the dremacast to pc and it uses your broadband connection :P if that doesnt work ill use my phone line, when u use a phone line it just acts like your talking on the phone right? i ahve 2 phone lines so im happy either way.
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

ok i guess i'll just get planet browser 3.0 :P it's only 1-4 dollars :D
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

asshoe wrote:ok i guess i'll just get planet browser 3.0 :P it's only 1-4 dollars :D
Where can you get it for $1-4?
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

ShadowofBob wrote:
asshoe wrote:ok i guess i'll just get planet browser 3.0 :P it's only 1-4 dollars :D
Where can you get it for $1-4?
Small video game stores mostly. Heck, they might even give it to you if you buy a new game. I've seen sealed web browsers go for as low as $1 at some places, but the 3.0 BBA Planetweb browsers are getting very hard to find indeed.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

ummm ehem n/m you can the planet web browser for 1-4 dollars the 3.0 is harder to find and more expensive. sry didnt meen to post planet web browser 3.0 :P
aflyingcow
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by aflyingcow »

Phantasy Star Online (not PAL) requires a fee to play online (a Hunters Pass or something).

The first Phantasy Star Online is free to play online, and the community is still pretty big. Find yourself a new copy, or your going to get in a twist with the activation code.

Also, I dont recommend trying to connect your DC to your PC's internet. You can seriously damage your DC.

BTW, a good FPS is Out-Trigger, and you can play it online :D

:pitydafoo:
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

aflyingcow wrote:Phantasy Star Online (not PAL) requires a fee to play online (a Hunters Pass or something).

The first Phantasy Star Online is free to play online, and the community is still pretty big. Find yourself a new copy, or your going to get in a twist with the activation code.

Also, I dont recommend trying to connect your DC to your PC's internet. You can seriously damage your DC.

BTW, a good FPS is Out-Trigger, and you can play it online :D

:pitydafoo:

ahem wtf do you mean it could damage my dreamcast!!!! i thought it was perfectly safe? i was referring to this guide http://consolevision.com/members/mterlouw/ how could that ruin my dreamcast? is there something that that site isn't telling me!!!!! RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH on a lgihter note. outtrigger can still be played online yayayayayayayayayay