Dreamsnes 0.9.5 still slow

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Miko
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Miko »

Why are some people saying there impressed with the speed improvments when there non existent, i've tryed crono trigger and it's dead slow along with others, just totally unplayable.

Michael Barclay
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

Miko wrote: Why are some people saying there impressed with the speed improvments when there non existent, i've tryed crono trigger and it's dead slow along with others, just totally unplayable.

Michael Barclay
non existent? :o have you compared CT to the its speed in .94? its been improved a lot w/ the rewritten cpu emu core, unless you're using stereo sound. its playable with mono, and the games play almost 100% with sound off. but if you want speed and sound then stick to pc emus, or wait till version 1.0
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

Yeah, I'm getting a little better speed in Chrono Trigger, but then again I keep the sound in mono because stereo produces occasional pops and glitchy noises for me.

The bad thing is that my saves won't work anymore in .95

I tried to play a game with an older(uncompressed) save from .94, it read it and then autosaved over it as soon as it came up. I could play though it and everything looked fine. Then I restarted the game and it was as if there was no save file for it at all. Then I deleted and tried making a whole new fresh save file with .95 and it can never read them, so....
Wasted saves.... Good thing I backed up my save 3/4 of the way through Chrono Trigger onto another card..
Miko
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Miko »

Fair enough, all my roms are rediculous and Zelda is worse, the sound with the games ain't as good and i just hope they sort out the high resolution screen cause it flickers too much, and just looks shaky and crap.
Lilmuckers
Resident Transvestite
Resident Transvestite

Post by Lilmuckers »

wtf?!?!

do you have a sjite TV, or do you expect everything to be perfect?

jeez-o-man, lighten up! it's very playable, unless meybe your DC isn't working right
http://www.Spider-Console.co.uk
the ONLY place to leave