Wolf3D/DC

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wolf3D/DC

Post by crt0 »

New version over at... http://www.consolevision.com/members/tr0ll/

phj34r
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

can u put up a scrambled bin for the full version too ? my scrambling prog doesnt work right
ImageImage
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Cool. I'll have to see if I can get this one to work (I've never managed to get any port of Wolf3D, on any platform, to work correctly)
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

Anyone else try this yet? burnerO and myself have played it with mostly success as packaged and released... usually the only problems are bad WL6 files...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

That's probably why I've never managed to get it working. I'll give it a go later.
cybdmn
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cybdmn »

Whats about porting the MAC version ? Bill "Burger" Heinemann has released the source long ago.
...where the sanest place is behind a trigger
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I was just going to ask about the Mac version myself. :)
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

How about you do it if you want to... just a suggestion :|
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I see your having a problem with a DMA driver for it crashing. and it might help if you went open source and let some people help you with it. sound is always a problem i broke that on my quake1 port not long ago.

good work on porting it up to kos and not libdream its had its day.
Dreamcast forever!!!
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

open source isn't really an issue... the only people that would actually end up doing anything with it, I share code snippets with anyway... as far as DMA and crashing, its something I could track down with more time... probably just an issue of hacking something copied nearly verbatim from gen-emu into a different situation (iffyness with the framebuffer)... as far as libdream is concerned, the first version of this port was completed long before KOS was in its heyday (is that the term? :P) so it wasn't really an issue... I think when I started the support code it and the original DoomDC used KOS 1.0.0 hadn't even been released yet :)... this is just a fresh port of the code I ported to Allegro/PC... and as for sound... the sound generation routines in the Wolf code work fine (i.e. I've dumped the buffers and they sound like sound to me) but the KOS stream driver is giving it hell... it'll all be worked out...
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Well done crt, Good to have you back buddy! :)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Someone's got there panties in a knot.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

CyberDemon: If you look over at DOOMWolrd, some dude just made a post about porting over the Jag Wolfenstein weapons for WolfenDOOM. There is hope still yet. :)
tr0ll
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by tr0ll »

Eh... my reply was geared toward Cybdmn... I'm just saying, how about you put time into doing something you enjoy, release it, then have someone say "Well you know what, that sux, j00 should've done this instead, cause its bettar...". Yeah. -_- Anyway most of the response on those *other* boards have been pretty positive so far, so I'll be hacking away at it yet.
R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell :(
cybdmn
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cybdmn »

@XDel: I've seen that. Have to try it. I havn't played WolfDooM for a couple of years. Back then the .deh support was ...ahem....incomplete. :mrgreen:

tr0ll wrote: I'm just saying, how about you put time into doing something you enjoy, release it, then have someone say "Well you know what, that sux, j00 should've done this instead, cause its bettar...".
Havn't done anything like this. I don't know why you are annoyed by my post.
I thought, thats an wolf-thread, and made a suggestion for those ppl who can code (i can not), to take a look at the MAC-source. Thats kind of a different game, not just a simple port.
It has higher texture/sprite resolutions, a clearer sound, complete new music, 2 weapons that the PC have not, and an automap feature.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I can't see Cyb as complaining, but rather, just asking why not use that source instead since it is better. Either way, we're still VERY greatful for the port, and will play it from start to finish no doubt. The thing is though, that once you play one of the other source ports, you begin to get attatched to those new weapons, and enhancements. :)

So ya, moral of the story, we're not trying to be pricks, and you rule to taking up the task upon your sholders in the first place. If I ever bitch or moan about something in the release that I don't like, PLEASE don't take it personal. As you will notice I complain about not being able to save in nxDOOM a lot, but that does not mean that I do not respect Aura for doing all the hard work, and do not have faith in any of his future ventures. Any more these days with the DC sceen, you just got to be happy that anyone is actually still coding, and willing to finish what they started in the 1st place.
cybdmn
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cybdmn »

What i mean isn't "use MAC-source instead of PC-source", because both needs different data files. Most ppl only have the PC files. Thats the reason, why you can't use external levels for one port with another.

Try this page. Its IMO the best site about Wolfenstein 3-D.
tr0ll
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by tr0ll »

Hmm. o.o

I heard the mac version pwned the PC version anyway... but I can only do so much without getting bored ;)
R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell :(
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

We posted at the same time. :)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Cyb:
WolfenDOOM EX is out already:

http://www.viscidity.com/stuffs/dejatoo/wolfex.html

Features

* Multiplayer BJ art
* Multiplayer spawn points and items for map01
- Try loading up the zcajun bots in ZDoom!
* Atari Jaguar Wolf3d weapons
- Replaced pistol, shotgun, and chaingun art
- Added knife
- Added flame thrower
- Added rocket launcher
- Flame thrower and rocket launcher ammo art
- Flame thrower and rocket launcher HUD art
* Music from the original DOS Wolf3d
* New sound effects for item pickups and the knife
* New god mode BJ art
* BEX obituaries for ZDoom

Compatibility

* JDoom
* ZDoom .47

I have yet to look at it, but I don't see why it would not work with Legacy or nxDOOM as well, if it works with JDOOM, then all the weapons are most likely pure DeHackED, so we'd just have to cut out the obituaries, and prolly spare sprites for multiplayer.