Dreamin64 Emulator

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Throttle
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamin64 Emulator

Post by Throttle »

Fellow coder and Seigis and I have been working on a project to port 1964 for PC to dreamcast and after a month of work we're finally ready to share it with the rest of the community, shown in these three screenshots is Super Mario 64 running at approximatly 3-4 fps...we have set up at website for the project @ http://dreamin64.cjb.net so check it out when you have some time, i'll update this topic and the site with more news tommorrow as I have to rest now after sitting in front of this pc forever..
Last edited by Throttle on Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Hmm... Interesting. Does this actually work then?
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

:o

Well, until there is a beta release of some sort, I think we will all remain skeptical. If you don't want to make a full beta, then you could send it to someone on the forums who is trusted (e.g. Blackaura or Nyar) who would test it and not spread it. For all we know, you have an N64 hidden behind that huge-ass TV of yours. If it's legit though, keep up the good work :)
TerrorShocked
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TerrorShocked »

You'll have to mind our skeptisism.... but really until people actually see it, they will never believe it.... Too many fake emulators in the past... Good luck though, I hope this is not another phony.
Boo!
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

area: Mario's head isn't black on the N64. ;) But yeah, for all we know you could have a PC with TV-out behind the TV, running 1964. Only way for anyone to believe you is to release it, or do as area said and let a trusted forum member have a copy.

I'm looking forward to any further developments though. :)
- Interesting.
Smirre
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Smirre »

Screenshots aren't working..
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Nice fake guys. I won't believe it until I see some real binaries, everyone else probably feels the same way.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

finite wrote:area: Mario's head isn't black on the N64. ;) But yeah, for all we know you could have a PC with TV-out behind the TV, running 1964. Only way for anyone to believe you is to release it, or do as area said and let a trusted forum member have a copy.
What ^they^ said, we have a long history of fake N64 emu's around here so you might not find too much beleif from 3 screenshots, if its real though good luck to ya for finishing it
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

I'll giva yaz the benifet of the doubt. Good luck on this project. Hopefully, its real ;)
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

If it is real then the best approach would be to share some code with one of the respected coders around here or at consolevision. That way sceptics like me can be made to shut up. Unfortunately this has been done too many times before (not counting april fools) for anyone to care a great deal. Also by releasing screenshots first you have only fueled the fire.

If it is fake then you should expect a lynching. If it is indeed real then expect many grovelling apologies and proposals of marriage.
Lucious
DCEmu Official Communist
DCEmu Official Communist

Post by Lucious »

CoasterKing wrote:If it is fake then you should expect a lynching. If it is indeed real then expect many grovelling apologies and proposals of marriage.
My thoughts exactly hell you can come over and fuck my sister. (FMJ Love that movie). I am tired right now, and when I am tired I feel stoned so the black mario is funny.

Anywas good luck if it is real. If it isnt I will kick your dog.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Why do the Video and Power leads go up Mario's nose and disappear?
Last edited by The Kron on Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

It can be done, 3 to 4 fps at lest its not a claim of fullspeed. fakes most times claim that.
Dreamcast forever!!!
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

Fake until we can test a beta , also open the site is a ass pain, it open many pop ups to end with a

*20 Meg Limit Exceeded!

This site has exceeded its limit of 20 MB of transfer per day. The account can be upgraded to a paid account to increase the transfer limit to 3 Gigs of transfer per month in your 0catch.com user tools section.*

so i cant even see the screenshots to make a detailed analisis of them.

I have a question ..............can be flashable the dc bios?[/i]
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deived »

The pics dont work, and the site has exceeded it's limit, which is probably why the pics wont work. If you want people to see them, you can send the to me, and I'll upload them on my site and post the pics (if you want). I would really like to see them. I am a skeptic however, but it would be nice to have an N64 emu for the DC.
Throttle
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Throttle »

I've updated the website again with more news and I realeased the emulator core source code, we weren't looking to make dreamin64 an open source project, thought I understand that it is necessary at this time for validation. We hope to have a semi-usable alpha release out soon- maybe as soon as next week-sorry about you all not being able to access the site, i'm looking for a better host and will move when i've found one (dreamin64.cjb.net will always take you to the site, because it is a redirector)...if anyone knows of any good(free!)hosts please let me know @ throttlexv@yahoo.com. Thanks
-throttle
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

I have a good feeling about this, I think the scene is aged enough to get rid of fakes. Anyway before the site goes down again here is the emulators core source code: emulator.c. And here is the original emulator.c from the 1964 source. Can someone confirm that this is real?
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Hmm are you coding it in asm ? if you have a valid project your best host is sourceforge and make it open source like my new site.
Dreamcast forever!!!
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

IM(r)eaper wrote:Hmm are you coding it in asm ? if you have a valid project your best host is sourceforge and make it open source like my new site.
please tell me you don't think all the emulator.c files he's posted are ASM..

please oh please oh please...
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deived »

Sorry for the delay guys. Kinda busy at work. Here are the pics.