DC Movie Player released

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by az_bont »

bryceone2000 wrote:ok, my next question is... can I make my own disc with the player & video (mpg or divx) that will automatically start the movie when I put the disc in the DC.
With GypPlay, you can add a file to your disc that will display the startup message and launch your movie straight away. boob!play doesn't have any startup screens as far as I know and goes straight into your movie, but with no playback control. It is possible to burn a VCD as the first two data tracks and then burn DC Movie Player as the third (Zac made a guide in the Guides Forum), making a VCD that will also self-boot the player when inserted into a Dreamcast, but you would probably have to press a button for it to play. DCDivX will auto-play after around 30 seconds of inactivity.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

darkmaster wrote:dc divx sucks
Shut up. Don't even think about it, just do it. The authors of DCDiX have done a brilliant job and have created an application that was better than anyone could have imagined, out-performing a PC with double the spec. If all you're going to do is bitch and whine about hard-working developers who have put a lot of time and effort into making something that others can enjoy for free, then don't even bother posting. Not just in this topic, but anywhere on the site.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

az_bont wrote:If all you're going to do is bitch and whine about hard-working developers who have put a lot of time and effort into making something that others can enjoy for free, then don't even bother posting. Not just in this topic, but anywhere on the site.
Amen.
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

Sorry about the commentary i know it was offensive, but by the way u re offtopic this post is about dcmp not dc divx
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

darkmaster wrote:Sorry about the commentary i know it was offensive, but by the way u re offtopic this post is about dcmp not dc divx
You started it.
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

ok sorry

Well anyone with news about dc movie player?
gnateye
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gnateye »

im still hoping some charitable soul out there will convert the 'test 2' discjuggler image to an older discjuggler image (3), the 'test 1' worked great, but i cant even uncompress 'test2', someone please 8)

its a small file so its should take that much time, im saving up to go buy a cheap pc, just for dc stuff, but until then i need your guru-istic help.

you can even email me the new cdi if need be and i will post it to the dcemulation admins so they add it to the dcmovieplayer page.

help a brother out 8)
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

i think i've found a bug. i'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, as i have not read the whole topic. this bug involves a whole lot of files/folders on a cd. if there are way too many files/folders (ie, roms, pics, etc.), the player will not load or will reset. thus the reason why this app resets itself when useing selfboot inducer with a whole boatload of other files. this can also be described as dcmovieplayer displays the files on screen. instead of choosing a directory to open, every file on the cd is displayed on the startup screen.

this could be a reason why some people have trouble booting this app.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

nero, please make another new version of this great player !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Arqueiro wrote:nero, please make another new version of this great player !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nero is CD burning software. I think you are referring to 'bero' :).
Squall1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Post by Squall1 »

:lol: I JUST SAY TO YOU MAN, THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
When is the original ready!!!
Why Sega has to do that? Still we support the DREAMCAST to the end.
LONG LIFE FOR THE DREAMCAST!!! AND FOR WE ALL THAT STILL SUPPORT IT!!!
Squall1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Squall1 »

i can see any format of avi with this program.
I just can put a cd movi for a Pc and put it on the DC?
I reeeeally excited about it, and i very glad that are guys crazy about DC like me to do all this great stuff

Thank you BERO!!! :D
Why Sega has to do that? Still we support the DREAMCAST to the end.
LONG LIFE FOR THE DREAMCAST!!! AND FOR WE ALL THAT STILL SUPPORT IT!!!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Squall1 wrote:I just can put a cd movi for a Pc and put it on the DC?
Not strictly true. Just about any format of video you can download in AVI form is supported, but those massive DVD-rips that are around 700MB would be too much for the Dreamcast to handle.
BlackxKnight
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BlackxKnight »

but just splitting the file up would be fine...well at least it did 4 me.
BxKreations Now much more than just Mugen.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

My audio is desynced is that normal or can i fix that?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Desynching audio is to be expected.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

BlackxKnight wrote:but just splitting the file up would be fine...well at least it did 4 me.
It will help to a certain degree, but for the larger files, it probably won't work. It's mostly the resolution that's the tricky part.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Not necessarily... it depends on how this player develops. DVD has a resolution of 720 x 480, which isnt much higher than what I've had run well on DCMP. However, if they use a monstrous bitrate, it'll overwhelm it quickly. It's easy enough to re-encode it though.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Unstickied.
I don't see any reason for this being a sticky.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

ZacMc wrote:Unstickied.
I don't see any reason for this being a sticky.
Neither did I. I just couldn't resist the cute little way he asked :).