Neo Geo games possible?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Holly Hasney »

NO SWEARING IN SEMI-1337!!!!!

Anyways, 64-inch TV = won

Arcade cabinets = purchased through hard grafting and working...

I also have a WWF Wrestlefest one which set me back ?30 cuz it wasn't making money :)
Mr.TA
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Mr.TA »

I doubt it will happen... for a start it would have to load into the DCs RAM...
Well yeah,your kinda right...that is if one was trying to emulate the cartridge based system. The CD based NG werks a lil' bit differently. ;)
Ne0-Ge0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ne0-Ge0 »

That's a good point Mr.Ta. There is hope yet. Finally some positive news.

Who ever said that we wanted games for free and we are cheap was wrong. How can we play kof2k otherwise? There isn't a DC version of the game out right now. Well, maybe not yet. Also someone suggest that we go and buy a saturn or a psx. Well those system doesn't have kof2k or the new Metal Slug. Well what about PC? How can you play against your friends when you play on the PC? You might say that we can go get 2 controllers to play, but when you play on the PC you have ot sit in awkward position to play. Some might suggest that we can play online against each other. Well if you play online you don't have your friends next to you so you can rubb it in their face when you kick their sorry ass. So if it is possible to emulate larger neo geo games on the DC it would be GREAT.

BTW, I love Metal SLug too. You don't to bad mouth KOF if you don't like it. =)
Ne0-Ge0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ne0-Ge0 »

Ops, typo. I meant you dont' have to bad mouth KOF if you dont like it.
Animeartist
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Animeartist »

Well im not saying its not possible either, but take this into effect. Ive ran the NeoRageX6 emu on lots of differnt speeds of computers.. On my friends pentium 2 433mhz, even with 128mb ram, the larger rom files take quite some time to load into the memory and this is striaght off a 7200 rpm harddrive. I dont know the total access speed pf the DC's cd-rom but at any rate im sure it would take forever to load into the DC's memory,if it even got as far as that without crashing or reseting. In my opinion one of the best Neo Geo games "Garou: Mark of the Wolves" is already on dc and its a damn good port too as long as you dont have it set to arranged music, otherwise the vioces will be extremlly off. Anyway, id be interested if someone is at least trying it, i mean i was rather impressed with recent dcdivx player as it is already. So if anyone wants to prove a lot of people wrong and acctually get a Neo Geo emu to run on Dc at a repectable speed, then go ahead and prove them wrong.
<insert lame signature here>
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Mr.TA wrote:
I doubt it will happen... for a start it would have to load into the DCs RAM...
Well yeah,your kinda right...that is if one was trying to emulate the cartridge based system. The CD based NG werks a lil' bit differently. ;)
Yeah, and the best thing about the NeoGeo CD is when you have bought your disc, you can rip it and re-burn it with your own CDDA tracks instead of the game music :mrgreen:
Ne0-Ge0
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Ne0-Ge0 »

cool...

I hope there is away to emulater larger neo geo games on DC....<sigh>
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

>>Who ever said that we wanted games for free and we are cheap was wrong. How can we play kof2k otherwise?

Buy the MVS version

>>There isn't a DC version of the game out right now.
correct, but dont be suprised to see it on ps2
Well, maybe not yet.

>>Also someone suggest that we go and buy a saturn or a psx. Well those system doesn't have kof2k or the new Metal Slug.

I meant to play the older ones (goes up to kof 97 i believe)

>>Well what about PC? How can you play against your friends when you play on the PC? You might say that we can go get 2 controllers to play, but when you play on the PC you have ot sit in awkward position to play.

get a tv output device

>>So if it is possible to emulate larger neo geo games on the DC it would be GREAT.

i agree, but i doubt its possible and if so it wouldn't be at a very playable speed
honestly, i couldn't care less about you or anyone else
-Misanthropic Faith