Need Help with Wolfendoom for nxDOOM.

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
darkchilly
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need Help with Wolfendoom for nxDOOM.

Post by darkchilly »

Okay, this is my first post here....and I am kinda nervous!javascript:emoticon(':%7C')

Anyways, THANK YOU!!! I love playing Doom on my DC!! I love that game and it is great to be able to still play it!

Now, my question is this...I downloaded the Wolfendoom files from http://files.frashii.com/~sp00nz/Doom/ The ones I downloaded there worked great, but the ones that I downloaded from http://www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom don't work?

Actually, they load up fine, but it is the doom 2 maps with the new wolfendoom textures. This has happened with a lot of other mods too.

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks a bunch!!!!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Hmm... Some of the mods do need a little tweaking to work with nxDoom. I know that WolfenDoom has always worked fine, but some of them need a little kicking to work correctly.

Basically, you need to make sure that you're adding every WAD file to the modlist, and in the correct order, and you're loading the correct main WAD file (in this case, Doom 2).
darkchilly
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by darkchilly »

Okay...I think we are on to something now....in the right order huh? So are the deh files suppose to be listed before the wad files? Is that what you mean by order?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Some mods have more than one WAD file, and some have more than one DEH file. If they do, they need to be placed in the correct order, or it won't work.

Which WolfenDoom WADs are you trying to use, and how many/what files have they got?

Also, bear in mind that WolfenDoom did originally require a custom engine modification, and nxDoom doesn't support it properly. So that might also be why it's not working.
darkchilly
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by darkchilly »

The one that I was trying to work with was Astrostein ep 3. When I downloaded it, it had Astro3.wad and Astro3.deh. That was all that was there in the main folder. So, I used both of those files.

I also found that someone on the message board got Artic Wolf to work on the DC...that was another one, that the graphics loaded, but DOOM 2 maps were loading. (Actually, EVERY WOLF adventure worked like that except for the ones that I downloaded from your site...THANKS by the way!)

Here, I will post my mod list for those too....let me know what you think

Wolf 3D: Astrostein Part 3,DOOM2.WAD,-file astro3.WAD astro3.deh,-savename astro3sav,Astrostein 3 MOD#
Wolf 3D: Operation: Artic Wolf,DOOM2.WAD,-file arctic.WAD arctic1.deh arctic2.deh gfx1.wad gfx2.wad,Arctic Wolf MOD#

I really appreciate the help!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

There shouldn't be a comma between the DEH and the -savename paramater - it should be a space instead. But that shouldn't be causing the problems.

Hmm... I've personally only tested the ones on the site, and they seem to work just fine. I'll try to have a look at the others, and see if I can get them to work.
darkchilly
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by darkchilly »

Alright, well, thanks for helping!

I have plenty of Wolfenstein adventures to play....I just thought I would ask if anyone else had this problem or not....Thanks again!