TransfusionDC

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bloodite »

I was intending on using acceleration, because it looks better and takes a bit of load off of other stuff. The exceedingly long loadtime is a result of DarkPlaces itself, and not the maps. To see what I mean, load some of the maps in glquake using Transfusion as a mod. I am aware of Fackue's program, but thanks for the link. Transfusion 2.0 will depart from the standard Quake compatibility, so it will not be coming to DC without porting DP. However, TransfusionDC is 1.01 anyways, so it really dosent matter:)
Try Transfusion, the most ambitious TC for Quake! http://www.planetblood.com/qblood
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bloodite »

Hmm, successfully burned nxQuake and Beros soft Quake using Selfboot Inducer, about time too :wink: Burned full Quake and TransDC alongside to compare, Quake works fine on both ports (naturally), whereas on TransDC, the console appeared, and then the DC reset on both ports, my guess is too much ram being taken up. This happened before on a previous burn with Beros Quake, and I did something to TransDC to get it working (dont remember what I did though) Aside from that, the console loads in about a second, pretty fast. Ill try some tricks to get the mem usage down. Still havent tested with RADQuake, since I cant get it to burn right.
Try Transfusion, the most ambitious TC for Quake! http://www.planetblood.com/qblood
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Hmm want me to test it for you ? weres the files to test, i can get up to a 12 meg heap size and i have the same dc control now as nx quake its from nxquake you see. not released yet as the sound is now broken ahh! but if you have the files you are testing for download i can test it for you its no harder to burn then nxquake you will need a keyboard for it thou.for the old versions

how to burn

1ST_READ.BIN
IP.BIN
/QUAKE/ID

etc thats it use demomenu and test them that way save you any trouble
ive asked what files your are testing because , im not sure if your use a modded version of the Tc. few weeks you should have a new RADquake to test. the bugfix version has proper sound that i now cant get working.

allways some thing with SDL
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I think the version of nxQuake I released either had a 10MB heap, or a 12MB heap. I think it was 12MB, but don't hold me to that. If it crashes, it's probably running out of RAM, although it should (theoretically) come up with an error screen.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/kristy9 ... UAKEb3.rar

new version but only for testing dc control thanks to black aura. SDL video no sound its broken its now pretty fast . yeah this one is 10 meg heap size, i think i had a bigger one once as well just kept it set at 10 for now.

this should make your job easyer for testing no keyboard needed not releasing this at my site just for the guy to test the tc and or others its about the same as NX quake it just has SDL video is the only change really.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Ah, dodgy AngelFile pages...

So, I take it that the controller support seems to be functional? Cool. The hardest part of that was changing all of the stuff in the menus so that it's playable with just a controller...
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yes had a look at nxquake and the info you told me. thanks again still having problems with SDL sound i dont know how i got it to work since im doing the same thing yet it no longer works. oh well yup angelfire .
Dreamcast forever!!!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Hmm... SDL Mixer still has some issues to be resolved then. I couldn't get it working properly under vanilla KOS, but at least it was consistently broken. Or at least, very noisy but functional.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Seems stereo is not working that would be my fault as i wanted ogg support so ill have to recompile it from blue crabs site and apply the patch again see if the sound works again. as sound works when i make it 1 channel only, in the SDL sound drive in quake no other changes to the SDL sound driver were needed to make it start working this time.

The one version i put out last time had really nice sound but im not sure what SDL_mixer lib i was using then.
Dreamcast forever!!!