Help a Simpons loving idiot...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
drporkchop
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help a Simpons loving idiot...

Post by drporkchop »

I absolutley LOVE the Simpsons arcade game! So as you can imagine, playing it on my Dreamcast would be pure bliss...

However, I am clueless as to how to create and burn it. Would anyone be so kind as to give me step by step instructions for making this?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Go to http://www.consolevision.com/members/sbiffy. Click on the link for "Forums". Register for the forums. Go back to the aforementioned web site. Click on the link for "Files". Download Selfboot Inducer v3.0. Click on the "Emus" link. Dowload "SGA_Simpsons.sbi". Backup your perfectly legal Simpsons Arcade Game rom from your arcade machine that you obviously have stowed away in your attic. Use Selfboot Inducer to unzip the emulator. Put the rom in the "Roms" folder. Use Selfboot Inducer to create an image of the disc. Burn the disc using the burning program of your choice (Nero, DiscJuggler or CDRecord). Take the disc out of your CDBurner. Carry the disc carefully to your Dreamcast. Open the lid on your Dreamcast. Place the CD in your Dreamcast. Push down slightly on the disc to lock it in position. Press the power button on your DC. Turn on your television (and any other equipment that needs to be running in order to use your DC). Watch the Dreamcast startup screen. Choose "Emus" from the DreamInducer menu. Choose "SGA Simpsons" from the Emus menu. Hit "A" on your DC controller. Begin playing the game. When finished, press the power button on your DC again to turn it off. Open the lid on your DC. Carefully remove the disc, and stow it safely in a case. Repeat these steps next time you want to playl
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Open the lid on your Dreamcast. Place the CD in your Dreamcast. Push down slightly on the disc to lock it in position. Press the power button on your DC.
You forgot to close the lid :wink:
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

And for fullspeed you will have to turn the sound off it does matter what version to i release 2 there very much not the same.

one is not fullscreen and has pretty bad sound the other is fullscreen and much better sound both are 50% to 100% speed but the drop now and then can be a pain. most times it runs at 80% on the fps debugg counter.

i dont know what version you have in the sbi if its not fullscreen then it the older by 1 day version no one liked.
Dreamcast forever!!!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Damn. You're right. I guess I failed. It won't work without the lid closed. Sorry for my bad advice.
DreamZone Forums

curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

When Reaper says "both", I am pretty sure he is referring to "m2_Simpsons" and "Simpsons/Vendetta Pack v2". m2_Simpsons was created by Warmtoe (it is a single game emulator). Simpsons/Vendetta was created by Reaper (it supports Simpsons and Vendetta). There is an SBI for m2_Simpsons on Sbiffy!com. There is an SBI for the Simpsons/Vendetta pack on my website: http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/
DreamZone Forums

Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Thats right also i had sim/ven v1 which was not as good as v2. sorry for not being clear on that
Dreamcast forever!!!