Fail to load VMU state save file on NesterDC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
narattah
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fail to load VMU state save file on NesterDC

Post by narattah »

I was playing some games and have saved/loaded the current state from my VMU many times, but all of a sudden, it said "Load Failed" when I tried to load it the last time. Now I couldn't load the save file anymore, no matter how many retries. It failed loading on some games, but not all. Any idea of what might have caused this error? By the way, I'm using NesterDC 7.0, thanks.
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

Umm.. there aare a couple of things:

1. You did a quick save state and have resetted your dreamcast.
2. You turned off your DC before the save would finish. For saving, remember to also exit the game so that it can write back to the Memcard for your saves.
"So I gotta be carefull, can't let tha evil of tha money trap me
so when ya see me #@#$%
ya better holla at me "

Tupac Shakur[1971-1996]
Makaveli[1996-????]
BlackxKnight
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BlackxKnight »

and if all else fails copie all ure data to another card and format the VMU i have to do that from time to time because the max data storage starts droping.
BxKreations Now much more than just Mugen.