dreamcast rocks, but xbox not too shabby.

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Garmo »

someoneElse wrote:
Garmo wrote:I cant even use an old Dos boot disk cuz Dos doesnt recognize NTFS fats. I need to get another hard drive (tho its not expensive, it does take up an IDE slot) just for DOS games.

I tried Dos Emulators, but none of them seem to work all that great.

I miss Dos.
NTFSDOS
Damn thats sweet. Thanks.

Oh, and your signature is rad, too.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

zero wrote:
Microsoft created the xbox just to make money seeing how big the gaming scene is, they think cause the beef it up with special parts and features they would dominate the gaming scene as they do the computer scene...but yet they failed
it doesn't matter why they did it, what you think any other game companys only make there consoles for there fans?, i don't think so :roll: .
basicaly all they realase for it are action games which mostly kids with ADD or stupid children see as the greatest games in the world. but they forgot about the intellegent kids like me that play rpgs or games that make you actually think
yeah everyone who likes a first person shoot em up, or racing games or beat em ups are dumb little kids :roll: , and rpgs, yeah maybe the is not many at the moment, but the is Morrowind, an open ended rpg where you can go and do what you like, then the is another RPG i can't think of the name of it right now, but its made by the same people who made morrowind, and then the is what looks like its gonna be the god of all rpgs coming to the xbox *FABLE*, the xbox is getting more genes and once it brakes into the jap market you will see a lot more jap style rpgs and games.
your almost close but your forgetting something sony, sega,nintendo has been in the game for YEARS and microsoft tries to jump in and think theyll get a big majority based riiiiiiiiiiiight :roll:

and why do you keep saying that if they were on DC they would rule, they would suck on dc as they would suck on any console the DC has had a bunch of stinkers in its day.

why are you defending microsoft do you work for them? I also notice you have more post then anyone on this topic so heres a tip...

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GET A LIFE!!! :)
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

your almost close but your forgetting something sony, sega,nintendo has been in the game for YEARS and microsoft tries to jump in and think theyll get a big majority based riiiiiiiiiiiight
:roll:

well sony did it didn't they :roll: , but thats not the point, everyone knows the xbox is microsofts foot in the door so to speak, its kinda like a starter for them, its the xbox2 that will hit home big time imo, and even now xbox is the 2nd best selling console so imo they are doing pretty good for themselfs (but i would be more happier with nintendo in 2nd place).
and why do you keep saying that if they were on DC they would rule, they would suck on dc as they would suck on any console the DC has had a bunch of stinkers in its day.

only cos imo it seems that way and it seems true, the is games on xbox such as project gotham racing and penzer dragoon that play the exact same imo as the saturn and dc versions, everyone loved them on dc and saturn, but yet the new updated versions of them a meant to be crap in most peoples eyes even duo they play the exact same only with updated gfx and added stuff and new levels etc, but the same gameplay is still there.
why are you defending microsoft do you work for them?
yeah i work for MS cos im standing up for a console i own and like :roll: , and no im also not a fanboy cos i own all 3 next gen consoles and yes i own a dc and a lot of other consoles thats not being sold no more too.
I also notice you have more post then anyone on this topic so heres a tip...

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GET A LIFE!!!

i have more posts then anyone who has posted in this topic :lol: , you must be seeing things mate, i think your the one that needs to step away from the computer :roll: .
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

He's saying that in this topic, you've posted more than other people. And it's true, you are like every other post.
You do use the 'rolls eyes' icon way too much.
XBox does have a dearth of strong titles. Although I would buy an XBox and be happy with MechAssault, Shenmue 2, and possibly Steel Battalion if I could find it.
The PS2 has a nice selection of quality games, even first party ones. Hell, Ape Escape 2 just came out over here. Sure, Ubi Soft developed this one, but it's pretty much a nicer looking version of the first game (which I believe was in-house) and is a Sony property. Sony also stepped up to the plate and recently brough Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits to the PS2 (try the demo, it's short, but if you're fast you can get to a battle before you get cut off).
I won't even mention the Gamecube because it's made by Nintendo, and that alone says it all (in a good way, Zelda pwns).
As for the XBox being the next Dreamcast, no.
For one thing, where's Virtua Fighter? Even Evolution is PS2 exclusive right now.
Sonic is on the Gamecube exclusively until the release of Sonic Heroes.
And the XBox got Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jet Set Radio Future, two games that I've tried and couldn't really get into.
Don't mention that shallow, boob-filled, button-mashing excuse for a fighter that is DOA. Any fighting game that I can beat without trying is no fun.
No signature.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

He's saying that in this topic, you've posted more than other people. And it's true, you are like every other post.

Thats cos other peoples post are mostley pointed at me or giving me the need to reply :mrgreen: .
Everything else that you said i can not fault cos well just about everything you said is true :mrgreen: .
dreamgamer
Graphics Devver
Graphics Devver

Post by dreamgamer »

Most people who are in this topic right now need help. Zero, you are taking this way to hard on your personal ego... I Don't think any of you should be debating weather or not the XBOX Sucks or not, but it's stupid to take jabs at eachother personally in defense of a console... But i think "B" "Cos" and the other 5 year old spelling ways can't exactly help you any zero, and especially using that stupid smiley just because it pisses people off... haha thats kind of funny... don't you have anything better to do? Since you obviously love the XBOX so much, quit worrying about what Kron and everyone else here thinks and PLAY YOUR XBOX YOU LOVE SO MUCH! haha :D !
WEEEEEEEE! I ALSO MADE DCBLAP(Music & Art)! WEEEEEEEEEEE! Check It out @ http://www.c99.org/dc/dcblap/ .
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Zero, you are taking this way to hard on your personal ego... I Don't think any of you should be debating weather or not the XBOX Sucks or not,

well iif someone says something is poop then someone who doesn't think its poop is gonna give a reply, its stupid thinking someone wont.
but it's stupid to take jabs at eachother personally in defense of a console...
ok then if you think that then what to you call this.
But i think "B" "Cos" and the other 5 year old spelling ways can't exactly help you any zero,
that sounds like a personal insult to me, wow so i should say because just cos you don't like the other way i say it, and here look just cos it gets to you so much :roll: .
don't you have anything better to do?
yes i have much better things to be doing, but if people like you didn't keep bringing up a dead topic that seems to have nothing got to do with you then maybe i wouldn't have to keep replying so much, what did you have nothing better to do then to come here and insult me?, to you get a kick out of it or something?, cos it sure does seem that way.
Since you obviously love the XBOX

i like all my consoles, and i have stuck up for every console thats out now at one point or another on this forums, is it my fault that the is people who put down a console instead of enjoying them for the games they have?. from now on if you don't like my posts or don't like the way i write etc, then simply put don't read or reply to what i write its that simple.

as bad as the kron and i have been we didn't insult eachother (well i hope so anyways) as much as you insulted me, and atleast when we where talking to eachother we had a reason to kron was giving his view on xbox and i was giving mine, even though it didn't seem like it but i under stood and respected his choice (but i wasn't gonna back down easy still), but kron was still the bigger man to walk away, but you when things are calming down come and start insulting me for no reason got to do with you.

so from now on if you don't like my posts or don't like the way i write etc, then simply put don't read or reply to what i write its that simple.
c.h.a.k.a.n
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by c.h.a.k.a.n »

Nothing can be the next dreamcast.NOTHING.Yeah the Xbox is has pretty graphics but...
"BEAUTY IS NOT FUN!"
The same on game cube and PS2.
And the SEGA consoles (all of them) translate what I just say.
I have a DC,Saturn,Genesis,SEGA CD,32X,Master system.I'm not just a fan...I have others consoles...and I play them....the next generation is cool...but...the NEXT DREAMCAST?

hahahaha

shame on you....

PS2...Game Cube...X-Box...
Beauty?
Yes.
Fun?
Don't think so....
SEGA RULEZ 4EVER!!!
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Garmo »

The people saying that the Xbox is the next Dreamcast werent talking about graphics. Rather than repeating a previous post, Id ask that you spend a whole 5 minutes and go back a few pages and read it.

If you;'re going to spontaneously jump into an argument, its customary that you read the previous replies and points made.
Im assuming that you did NOT do this. However, you may have read each post to this point, and in that case, you just brought me to the assumption that you're plainly an idiot. or 14.... or both.

Oh, and the saturn was horrible. Admit it. There was like 3 worthy games on the console. Even ported games sucked ass compared to their PSX and N64 consoles.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Garmo wrote: Oh, and the saturn was horrible. Admit it. There was like 3 worthy games on the console. Even ported games sucked ass compared to their PSX and N64 consoles.
No way, I could churn out a list of about 30 real high quality games without even thinking about it.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Oh, and the saturn was horrible. Admit it. There was like 3 worthy games on the console. Even ported games sucked ass compared to their PSX and N64 consoles.
ummm the saturn was one of the best consoles ever, i loved my saturn what with games like (in no order)

Panzer Dragoon 1&2 and Saga.
Daytona.
Nights.
Shining The Holy Arc.
Shining Wisdom.
Shining Force 3.
Manx TT.
Dead Or Alive.
Fighting Vipers.
Fighters MegaMix.
Sonic Jam.
Virtua Fighter.
Virtua Fighter 2.

Thats just off the top of my head, if i really thought about it i could most likely come up with a lot more games.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Even ported games sucked ass compared to their PSX and N64 consoles.
Hmm.. could this be because the Saturn was a 2D console, not a 3D console, and is older than both the PSX and N64 by quite a while? Anyway, there were quite a few that were better than the N64/PSX versions of the same game.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

zero wrote:
ummm the saturn was one of the best consoles ever, i loved my saturn what with games like (in no order)

Panzer Dragoon 1&2 and Saga.
Daytona.
Nights.
Shining The Holy Arc.
Shining Wisdom.
Shining Force 3.
Manx TT.
Dead Or Alive.
Fighting Vipers.
Fighters MegaMix.
Sonic Jam.
Virtua Fighter.
Virtua Fighter 2.

Thats just off the top of my head, if i really thought about it i could most likely come up with a lot more games.
BURNING RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Chainfist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chainfist »

All the current systems have enough power to get the job done now. Its time for the game developers to start tapping into the power of the systems and crank out some quality!

(remember old Super Mario Bros #1 versus Super Mario 3? You could swear the two games were made on two different systems.. but no, it was still on the good old NES.. it just took them half a decade to max out the quality of the NES)
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

yawn...

will you lot shut up....

this debate is getting repetative..

lets talk about snikers bars insted :-)

you know, in En-go-land a few years ago we called then 'Marathon' bars,,

fucked up eh!
Dust on the Dreamcast
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

In case u all havent realise, the Dreamcast doesnt really have a decent amount of rpg's, which the PSX has to its name. Come to think of it, try naming a few hits Sega made as a whole : sonic.................ok and phantasy star, and the sports titles.
Nintendo has mario,zelda,donkey kong,final fantasy,(back on the snes), pokemon and a good few others which i cant recall right now. Sony has final fantasy (now),all those movie games like hulk, tomb raider, breath of fire, suikoden..etc etc
Xbox understands the game somewhat (no pun) and so they are trying to bruteforce their way into the market with all these gadgets that were never even seen on a console before. I even saw this magazine at sears that explained in detail 77 or 99 reasons why u should own an xbox, all were valid.
anyway my point is that sega never really fully understood what people wanted in games, so they failed. Xbox trys but i'll never be caught dead owning bill's little console, i just don't like it
stick to making fucked up OS's and computer games is my opinion
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

MystiK wrote: Come to think of it, try naming a few hits Sega made as a whole : sonic.................ok and phantasy star, and the sports titles.
^wtf ? :evil: :o

Virtua Fighter
Crazy Taxi
Skies of Arcadia
Jet Set Radio
Metropolis Street Racer (Now Project Gotham on XBox)
Shenmue
House of the Dead
Virtua Cop
Cel Shading ;)
Super Monkey Ball
Panzer Dragoon
Daytona

All of these were/Are hits!
MystiK wrote: Xbox understands the game somewhat (no pun) and so they are trying to bruteforce their way into the market with all these gadgets that were never even seen on a console before
What gadgets? Be specific and I'll show you that whatever it is you are referring to was seen somewhere else before XBox.
MystiK wrote: anyway my point is that sega never really fully understood what people wanted in games, so they failed.
Actually, I think people did not understand what vision SEGA had for next-generation games and that's why SEGA failed. The same games SEGA released for Dreamcast are the same games it's releasing now for other consoles. The only reason they are selling is because everyone is "doing it".

Everyone knows... now... after Dreamcast had tried to explain it... :cry:
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

MystiK wrote:In case u all havent realise, the Dreamcast doesnt really have a decent amount of rpg's, which the PSX has to its name. Come to think of it, try naming a few hits Sega made as a whole : sonic.................ok and phantasy star, and the sports titles.
Nintendo has mario,zelda,donkey kong,final fantasy,(back on the snes), pokemon and a good few others which i cant recall right now. Sony has final fantasy (now),all those movie games like hulk, tomb raider, breath of fire, suikoden..etc etc
Xbox understands the game somewhat (no pun) and so they are trying to bruteforce their way into the market with all these gadgets that were never even seen on a console before. I even saw this magazine at sears that explained in detail 77 or 99 reasons why u should own an xbox, all were valid.
anyway my point is that sega never really fully understood what people wanted in games, so they failed. Xbox trys but i'll never be caught dead owning bill's little console, i just don't like it
stick to making fudge up OS's and computer games is my opinion
just to let you know nintendo nor sony ever made a FF game i think a company named SQUARESOFT did :)

and the only HIT that i can think of that SONY made was......crash bandicoot :lol:

the VMU was a great ideas since it wasnt just an ordinary memory card it would have been nice to see that in the future consoles

Is it just me or the saturn and dreamcast have a lot in common
they both were the first of their kind and got over run by future consoles

i hated saturn when i asked my friend about DC's dimise he said he and a lot of people didnt buy one cause they thought it would be like the saturn :|

VMU OWNS XBOX!!!! :P
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

MystiK wrote:In case u all havent realise, the Dreamcast doesnt really have a decent amount of rpg's
If you can read Japanese the DC has some of the best RPG's released (Square isn't a sign of a good rpg imho).

The DC has

Fushigi no Dungeon
Sakura Taisen 3 (Best action RPG ever made imo)
Sakura Taisen 4
Ouka Houshin
Black Matrix Advanced
Langrisser Millenium
Eldorado's Gate
Grandia 2
Skies of Arcadia
EGG

And probably a few more I cant remember.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

If you can read Japanese the DC has some of the best RPG's released (Square isn't a sign of a good rpg imho).

The DC has

Fushigi no Dungeon
Sakura Taisen 3 (Best action RPG ever made imo)
Sakura Taisen 4
Ouka Houshin
Black Matrix Advanced
Langrisser Millenium
Eldorado's Gate
Grandia 2
Skies of Arcadia
EGG

And probably a few more I cant remember.
Yeah but most of us can't read japanese :( , and over here in ireland the is not many rpgs for the dc that i know about maybe 4 or 5, damn i wish i could read japanese i want some more RPGS for my dc :x .