Gameboy/Gameboy Advance emulation on DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gameboy/Gameboy Advance emulation on DC

Post by Veggita2099 »

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a GameBoy Advance emulator being worked on for DC. I know they have perfect running ones for the PC now, I would guess it would be possible to port to the Dreamcast wouldn't it?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Sorry i dont kno much about the GBA. You have toa sk the basic questions first though, like are there any good open source emu's? How big are the roms? etc etc.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

For GB/GBC there's Boob!Boy.
it's currently 90/100% speed, no sound or save.

For GBA, theres a topic on http://www.consolevision.com in the dreamcast forum about a person who is making/porting a GBA emu to the DC.

Personally I, and others, disagree with the gba emulator for dc. I dunno, maybe we're just old and prefer to play handheld games on handheld systems, or maybe we just live by a set of morals.

P.S. the "i just want it to run gba demos" line isn't that believable
honestly, i couldn't care less about you or anyone else
-Misanthropic Faith
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

As we don't yet have a perfect SNES emulator, I doubt there will be a perfect GBA emulator- the two systems are almost exactly alike, the GBA being slightly more superior graphics wise and the SNES slightly more superior soundwise.
RC
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by RC »

And not to mention GBAs proccessing power is a lot more than SNES's.