GUIDE: New Bad-ass DivX Techniques...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by az_bont »

Francis wrote:I did everything according to that tutorial and when i popped it my DC It tried to load up but the loading thing kept flashing. is it supposed to do that? Please could someone help.
It sounds as if DCDivX isn't recognising your file. What did you name it? It tends to prefer filenames to be in the old 8:3 format, so something simple like 'movie.avi' or 'matrix.avi' would be best.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
trunksalan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by trunksalan »

hey could someone answer me this please?

when i try to load a divxmpg4 v3 encoded file into the dcdivx4, i get to the loading screen and it stops there... the resolution is at 320x240 frame rate is 15fps data rate is 42kbps, and the video sample size is 24 bit.
audio is divx format, 64 kbps and the sample size is 16 bit.

is there a specific mode i am suppose to burn, or do i have to reencode my files?

However when i use Bero's movie player, the files that didn't load on dcdivx 4, loaded...
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Use DivX 3, 4, 5 or XviD for you video codec. Your resolution and framerate are fine. Audio MUST be MP3 (or MP3pro). Video bitrate can be up to 1000 kbps using b-frames (or I'd imagine you're ok up to ~1000 at 15 fps as well), or 500 - 700 without b-frames.
trunksalan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by trunksalan »

oh... i don't want to reburn all my files...
thanks for the reply though, i'd try it out if i had a lot of time
-Johnick-
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by -Johnick- »

What do you guys use to mux in Mp3pro sound ?.Ive tried Nandub but the results are allways a disaster.Either the movie plays too fast or the timer says the movie is longer then it actually is ?.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

-Johnick- wrote:
What do you guys use to mux in Mp3pro sound ?.Ive tried Nandub but the results are allways a disaster.Either the movie plays too fast or the timer says the movie is longer then it actually is ?.

fatheadpi wrote: Stuff liek this is why we need a better virtualdub.

BEHOLD!!!

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... p_id=65889

Under audio, select CBR MP3 as the source, and pick your pre encoded MP3Pro file.

I'm going to begin prepping new, longer, higher res and bitrate vids. I'd like to hit at least 400x300, 1150kbps full frame ntsc, and I want to try it with a 48 khz audio stream instead of downsampling to 44.1k. Maybe boost the audio up to 80 kbps, although 72 kbps is mathematically enough (an extra 12.5% to cover the 12.5% of extra bandwidth from the 7 extra khz).