paid 4 program 2 dc

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by djray »

or maybe i can hold the money! :mrgreen: j/k!
dreamgamer
Graphics Devver
Graphics Devver

Post by dreamgamer »

Woa, Team Dev sounds like the best Idea I've heard in a while.... Get 2-5 people together in a team working on a game... sounds about right.
WEEEEEEEE! I ALSO MADE DCBLAP(Music & Art)! WEEEEEEEEEEE! Check It out @ http://www.c99.org/dc/dcblap/ .
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

plz be serious i know is not easy to make a contest but we can start making the poll, (anyone can make it?) also the remaining dc devvers are busy in their own stuff (i understand they ll not stop what their are makin to begin a new project) the main idea is to attract new devvers to the scene (now is more difficult because gamecube scene has started), i can sit in front my pc and write by hours but is meaningless if we cannot work together (i can make a site and contest arts) but i need someone with other sites contacts and with experience with pay pal system (i suggest dc emulation but can be anyone who want to be serious)

also anyone know the status of bero movie player ?
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

He's taking a break from it to work on some ports last I heard. However, if he chose to enter this contest-that-could-be, he could always work on it again. Shoot, even his test version 2 stands a good chance, LOL!
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The Kron wrote:If BA is planning on entering the contest its probably wiser if a neutral gets to be in charge of the donations.
I agree with that. You wouldn't want a conflict of interests, would you? And I'd probably enter anyway. I have a load of code I wrote sitting on my hard drive doing nothing, and it'd be nice to put it to some use.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

yea we can have zacmac or someone to hold like WarMachine or someone else :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Similar topic over at Consolevision

I think it might be a good idea to have a somewhat larger competition, since CV and DCE only share a fairly small number of members. It'd be far better to have one larger competition than two smaller ones, in my opinion. Especially since half of the coders (myself included) would enter both of them if at all possible.
Krut
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by Krut »

Well , it would be sweet to enter this , and the time frame sounds right.
Im up for creating the art , as long as the game is 2D (or maybe 2D + 3D backgrounds)
If anyone is interested , please let me know .
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

2.5D? In other words, 2D graphics using some 3D effects.
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

I'd offer my artistic services as well, but then people would be all like:
"Dude, you suck, Krut kicks your arse!"
and I'd be like...
"If I wanted your freakn opinion I'd give it to ya!"

But yeah, any 2D games that need my help, just ask. I may be able to do some 3D modelling/skinning, but I haven't touched 3D stuff in a year, and even then I was pretty terrible.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

If I get anything working, I'll just upload a demo or something, and ask if anyone wants to do any graphics for it. Anything would be better than what I can do, I assure you.

Oh, and Dan Potter made a rather interesting proposal - shareware. Basically, you make a demo of the game available for free, and then have a registered version available for a small fee (like $5-10), maybe with a pressed CD if people really wanted it. Just like the old days of PC gaming, when stuff like Doom was released as shareware.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

A large-scale contest between sites would be nice, but I still like the idea of the CV monthly contests. Speed coding is exhilerating - tons of fun. :mrgreen:

We could certainly do the large-scale contest too. No harm there, considering CV's contests are just for fun.

And the shareware idea rocks, I can't wait to see how it goes. :D
Krut
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by Krut »

Blackaura : What i had in mind was 2D sprites with 3D backgrounds (the textures could be sprite tiles so it keeps the same style)

Finite : Why dont we both work on a proyect , ey ?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Krut - That's nearly what I had in mind, although I was thinking of something that's basically a 2D game at the moment, but with the sprites moving around in 3D space.
dreamgamer
Graphics Devver
Graphics Devver

Post by dreamgamer »

Lucious: You'll never get anyone to cooperate on a single project for more than a month. Think: Certain other project that devr's "Collaberated" on for a month and a half and then everyone quit except 3 people... :lol:
WEEEEEEEE! I ALSO MADE DCBLAP(Music & Art)! WEEEEEEEEEEE! Check It out @ http://www.c99.org/dc/dcblap/ .
Dre@mC@ster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dre@mC@ster »

Yes I wanna get paid for just being ME!!!
mrblob
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mrblob »

I have an idea, how bout you take someone like Dan Potter to hold the money, he's a trustworthy candidate. Somebody could go and ask him if he'd like to help out. I'm sure he'd help out. After all, he DID make the amazing Feet of Fury.... Just think if you guys did something as good as that with a little inspiration :D The Underground DC games would be rolling out into the public! Sorry for my over optimistic look on this but I really like the idea :mrgreen:
Im hungry! I need NUTS!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

MetaFox wrote:A large-scale contest between sites would be nice, but I still like the idea of the CV monthly contests. Speed coding is exhilerating - tons of fun. :mrgreen:

We could certainly do the large-scale contest too. No harm there, considering CV's contests are just for fun.

And the shareware idea rocks, I can't wait to see how it goes. :D
Yeah, if I'm paying money for something, I don't want a "monthly contest" deal. The large-scale contest and shareware ideas are both much cooler.
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

So, any further progress on this idea? I don't want to see this falling off the first page and forgotten about forever, I think it's a great idea.

Krut: Sure, why not? First we need to find a coder though. Unless you can code for the DC and pixel, in which case I'll have to kill you out of envy. :)
- Interesting.
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

I told u in the past we can talk for months here but if the important people who can make this possible dont pay attention or gain interest on this project, thes post is meaningless

We need 2 major things (a treasurer and coders) without them we are *hands tied* lets give a try can anyone create the pay pal account (i am not familiarized with that system, i can donate 20 box , and make a website , bero, black aura, rand , are you not interested? what about a dc emulation admin plz say something