Boxing

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Boxing

Post by that_guy »

Did anyone see the Lennox Lewis vs. Vitali Klitschko fight? I can't believe no one has started a post about this. Lewis was getting his ass handed to him the first 3 rounds, he got lucky that he got that cut in on Klitschko, because the way the fight was going, Lewis wasn't going to make it the full 12. And if he did, Klitschko was ahead on all 3 of the judges score cards. Only thing about Vitali is that a lot of his punches were kinda wild, and it looked like he didn't have any power behind them. Can't wait till the rematch.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

I know, that fight was probably one of the best fights I've ever seen. I wish it could have went on because Lewis would have gotten beat no doubt, and that would have been hilarious. :D
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Ohh jeeze, I totally missed it. :cry:
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

All of the Arturo Gatti vs. Ward (think his first name is Michael, not sure) were good. The first one I would have to say ranks up in my top 5 fights I have ever seen. Did you know that George Forman is really thinking about coming back? What do you think about that one. Also on the rematch of Lewis vs. Klitchsko, all that matters to Lewis is the money. He could even say if he is to scared or knows he is going to lose, say that the money wasn't right. I have never really liked Lewis, I respect him as a boxer, but I have got everyone of his fights in the last 6 years to see if he loses. So far the only thing that was good is the first fight with Hasim Rochman where Lewis got knocked through the ropes. However in the rematch, Lewis kicked his ass.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

[quote="Narcissus"][/quote]

:o
lim
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lim »

Gatti vs Ward was an awesome fight, I completely agree. Lewis is pretty awesome, but not bulletproof, every boxer no matter how great, takes a beating once in a while.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

MetalGearRay wrote:
Narcissus wrote:
ok...im confused :?
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I didnt actually see the fight, but I heard that Lewis's braids were the reason the other guys eye was so swollen.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Gmc wrote:
MetalGearRay wrote:
Narcissus wrote:
ok...im confused :?
I think he's acting suprised that I posted. :P
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

Actually it was a clean looking punch that made the cut, however with the clinching all the time and what looked to be Lewis always rubbing his head against the cut, we may never know. I watched it twice and I have to say this, the uppercut that Lewis gave Klitchsko in the 4th or 5th was a clean uppercut, but Klitchsko took it. If it was me, I would have been laid on my ass. what made the cut really bad is the stupid trainer that wiped the blood of his face wiped really hard and made the cut tear more to the right and more down. He had the blood stopped then he wiped hard, and it started pouring.
Last edited by that_guy on Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I saw it. I hope there is a re-match, it was gay that it ended because of the huge cut under his eye. He wanted to fight so they should have kept fighting.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

The best fights I have ever seen are as follows.

Rocky Balboa VS Apollo Creed
Rocky Balboa VS Apollo Creed Rematch
Rocky Balboa VS Clubber Lang
Rocky Balboa VS Ivan Drago
Rocky Balboa VS Tommy Gunn
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

The cut under his eye wasn't the main cincern. It was the cut above his eye that was bleeding into it, obviously. Technically the fight should have been stopped the round that the cut came about, however they decided not to stop it. But a couple of round later, the cut no worse than it was before, then they stopped it, which makes no sense. they had stopped the blood flow yet the fight was called. The way I see it, if they let the fight go a round after the fight should have been stopped, why stop it a couple rounds later with the cut no worse? I don't know, that part didn't make sense.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Inu_Sess__ wrote:I saw it. I hope there is a re-match, it was gay that it ended because of the huge cut under his eye. He wanted to fight so they should have kept fighting.
They can't do that. The referee has a responsibility to protect both the fighters from serious physical damage and when you have been having the proverbial sh!t knocked out of you for 6 rounds you are in no fit state to make that decision yourself.

Anyway a rematch is now very likely and although I don't expect Lewis to take Klitschko so lightly again, I do expect him to lose......badly.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Roy Jones Jr could have beat both of them that same night. :P
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

TreyDay wrote:Roy Jones Jr could have beat both of them that same night. :P
Without a doubt. There would be no question. However, I have been watching R.J.J. for awhile, and I haven't seen him go up against a top class fighter, so there is a question of now that he is in the heavyweight division, if he can take a heavyweight punch. Guess we will have to wait and find out.
Grooverider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grooverider »

Calavera wrote:The best fights I have ever seen are as follows.

Much comedy value in the Rocky films.
And why was his wife called Adrian? What the hell is that all about?
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Grooverider wrote:
Calavera wrote:The best fights I have ever seen are as follows.

Much comedy value in the Rocky films.
And why was his wife called Adrian? What the hell is that all about?
Much crapness too, apart from the original.

Also it's Adrien and it's a common female name in France & Italy :wink:
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

You know what I want to happen? First Lennox Lewis should get the beating that he was going to get from Vitali. 2nd - the beating he will get from Tyson if he doesn't shape up. Man, from the Lewis fight to his current shape, he has improved by 3 folds(im not kidding, look at any of his latest training photos). In addition, he goes 2 hours straight quick sparring, meaning how he would fight in a real fight with the same speed consistently for two hours, meaning that he built up his stamina severely(compare that to 45 minutes from Tyson Vs Lewis 1).
"So I gotta be carefull, can't let tha evil of tha money trap me
so when ya see me #@#$%
ya better holla at me "

Tupac Shakur[1971-1996]
Makaveli[1996-????]
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

I watched the Lewis Tyson fight last night again. The fight was very sad, the first couple of times that I watched the fight, I thought Tyson did it for the money. But after watching it last night, I notcied something else. Tyson never really got a chance, or at least in his eyes, to hit Lewis. Me being a former boxer, I saw a bunch of openings to nail Lewis, but apparently, he didn't see it like that. What really hasn't happened with Tyson, is that he has never fought a boxer counter/boxer as good as Lewis, so that threw his game plan off, and Lewis had a field day with him. Don't get me wrong, I hate Lewis, can't stand him, but he is the dominant figure in the heavy-weight division. Now some of me still thinks that Tyson sold out, like he did with Buster Douglas, but then again, I don't know. Buster Douglas odd's were somewhere around 40-1. So Tyson took a fall and won a crap load of money. Would you have done the same thing? I know I would have. I would have gave the guy a beating, like Tyson did, and then wait for the right punch, and act like I got knocked out, but later that night, be swimming in money. I am a fan, or should I say was a fan of Tyson back in the '80's and early '90s, till he did the whole Holyfield biting thing in '97. But if we were to take a trip back in time, Tyson in his prime would have beat the crap out of Lewis. But Tyson is no longer in his prime. That's for damn sure.