Dreamcast games can still hold their own in the sales charts

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast games can still hold their own in the sales charts

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I am not sure how many of you check out the Magic Box, but it appears that the newly released King of Fighters 2002 for Dreamcast definitely made a nice dent in the sales charts for first day's sales recorded on June 19th this past week placing at #4, and only missing out on the #3 sales position (beaten out by Sega's Sonic Adventure DX) by under 500 units. Comming in with 10,601 units sold, King of Fighters 2002 sold more than the #6-10 positions combined with #s 6 and 7 being Enter the Matrix for GC and Xbox, respectively.

I guess it only goes to prove that people will pay for quality games even on older systems.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Im slightly dissapointed with that, KOF2001 sold 15,000 in its first week.

Ive got a horrible feeling this is the last game we will see from Playmore/SNK on the DC now :(

I just hope those 5 emails I sent to Grev do the trick ;)
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I really think the sales figures would have been higher had Playmore not bumped the sales price up higher than with King of Fighters 2000 and 2001, respectively. Plus, the word is that Playmore will probably unleash King of Fighters 2000 and 2001 as a 2 in 1 for the PS2 here in the US and then release 2002 sometime near Christmas. I ended up emailing Playmore's US branch, and they told me that they were going to show up at E3 which they did.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

The sales are good considering Dreamcast console sale wise is out of production. However, I beleive due to the lack of sales, they(SNK/Playmore) will prolly move on to Xbox or PS2.
"So I gotta be carefull, can't let tha evil of tha money trap me
so when ya see me #@#$%
ya better holla at me "

Tupac Shakur[1971-1996]
Makaveli[1996-????]