X-men

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Darkwing
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

X-men

Post by Darkwing »

I just wanted to say thanx and great job to Warmtoe for making this one. It's uneblievable. It's friggin super incredible fantastic ! The best setting I have found so far (with sound off) is when you put CPU Slice at 4, CPU 0 and CPU 1 at 60 and frameskip between 2-3 (no animation cuts) and 4 (perfect speed, with barely noticible if any animation cuts). When Playing this game with 4 players, the frameskip should be put at 6. For some strange reason there doesent seem to be any animation cuts and while fighting, the slow down brings it to exactly the right speed. If there are no enemies you will all seem to be walking just a bit faster than normal; which is hardly ever the case as the game always has a multitude of enemies in 4 player mode. Once many thanks to Warmtoe on this one, as well as Reaper and the rest for thier amazing work. Take your time with your next releases, as it seems as though you guys will probably get it
%100 perfect (with sound, speed, and 4 player support) in your next update of these game emus. Now there is no doubt that we can eventually have a %100 perfect DreamSnes on the DC as well as some other great games. All of you guys are great, and don't let what anyone says stop you from doing the level of work you guys are more than cabable of. :D
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BaldMonk »

Damn straight.

I get really good results with sound on also... I'm not sure if its just me, but I put the framskip at 8 when sound is on, and its still smooth. I suppose tho, the sound is opnly at the 8820 sample rate, but even then.... nice and quick... I leave all the other options alone tho.