Recent single mame release question

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Darkwing
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Recent single mame release question

Post by Darkwing »

First let me say what a great accomplishment you guys in the Dc emu scene have done in these recent releases. I was very much impressed with all they hard work people have done with the DreamSnes, and other emus, including the single mame releases. All of you have earned a lot of respect from everyone (myself included) and I would like to thank you for all your hard work and diligence. :D I just wanted to know from everyone, how good the latest TMNT Mame is compared to the first release done by Hyper G (which although it wasn't perfect, it was a great accomplishment). How good is the speed with the sound off? I also would like to know the same for X-men, the simpsons and Cadilac and Dinosouars as well. Once again thank you guys for any info you have, and thanks to the programers that make the DC one of the most exciting consoles to own, despite it's unfair and untimely demise in the mainstream market. :D
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

Im sure you can get better results if you ask at one of the programmers forum.
Reaper is actually responsible for the TMNT release, and does not post here.
You can find him at http://www.imrtech.mirrorz.com/ .
Just follow the link to his forum.
I do have to say tho, it is a 100% improvement over the hyperG release.

-G
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

HyperG's TMNT release, while cool, was less than ideal. It was really only playable without sound, and then only with heavy frameskip, which really made it mostly un-fun. Reaper's last release (SGA1) is, amazingly, actually close to full speed WITH sound and very little frameskip. I was downright amazed. It's probably full speed (maybe faster) without sound. SGA2 is similar; it has the screen positioned better but slows down more often and the sound is somewhat scratchier.

Warmtoe's releases are no less impressive. X-Men is near full speed without sound and without any frameskip! Turn the sound on and you'll get quite the performance hit, but Warmtoe allows you to tweak the settings to try and speed things up. Simpsons is somewhat slower than X-Men, but it's still pretty fast without sound. Both are quite playable, fun and amazing considering just about no one thought they'd even run on the DC, let alone this well. Hopefully the coders will keep working on them because they're some of my favorite beat-em-ups ever, and none of them ever got a decent home conversion.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs I haven't tried yet. But considering how good TMNT is it's probably worth it.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Darkwing
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Darkwing »

Which rom sets work for xmen and tmnt? The 4 player ones or all?
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

4 player for both X-Men, TMNT, and Simpsons.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
ModMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ModMan »

Yes amazing release TMNTSGA1, i agree with that . :D :o
Celauve
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Celauve »

Speaking of the Simpsons arcade going to the DC. I can't find it anywhere! I've been looking for awhile now, what's the website I get it from?