a new sonic game on dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
durkshady
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

a new sonic game on dreamcast

Post by durkshady »

Hi !

An amateur team is developping a Sonic Game for the dreamcast. It's called Sonic Space Racer. It(s still in early stages, but check the site http://www.dreamcast.sp.st
Don't appraoach me
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

ah, popups! :evil:

is it a racing game in space or something? i'm asking since there's no pics...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

:lol: Go to that link, click on the 'Photos' link in the menu, then choose 'epitanime 2003.' Your guaranteed to see some pretty funny, yet disturbing things...

:o
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

lol i was just gonna say the same thing all i could find were some weirtd CosPlay pics
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Speaking of sonic games, you know how pso was made in part by the sonic team, well i was playing sonic2 and I found a cube.
The cube was the same thing as when you drop a monomate in pso.
Really surprised me, pretty cool eh?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Wow, there was a guy there dressed as Sailor Moon. I don't normally judge people... But.. Seriously.. WTF.

Cosplay is fine, but crossgender is weird to me.

Now, someone go buy me Vash's trenchcoat.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well with allthose popups I have no respect for that site and will never visit it again. Thats just crazy, 5 pop-ups!!

I couldn't care less about this game really. WE got a looney toons racer as it is.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
durkshady
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by durkshady »

yeah it's it's a racing game in space, but with a shooter gameplay in addtion to the racing.
About the popups, sorry for not paying a pro hosting (WTF). Instead of just talking shit just gimme a popup free one and everyone will be happy.
And for the people who don't know how to use a menu, there's a SonicSR section especially for the game.
Don't appraoach me
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

What kind of a Sonic game is it if it has absolutely nothing to do with Sonic. I think its ridiculous to call it a Sonic game when (from the description you've given) it seems to have absolutely nothing at all to do with Sonic except the look of the character itself. The graphics (although I am not sure I would even dare to call them "Screenshots", because only one of them is actually computerized) are fairly nice looking, but that doesn't change the fact that the game does not follow the idea of any Sonic game ever made. IMO, all Sonic games have been characteristically "Sonic". You could never put another character in the Sonic games, and try to fool someone into thinking it was made for anyone but Sonic and friends. This game, however, sounds like it has absolutely nothing at all to do with any Sonic storyline ever created. Sonic in a shooter game? That's just not right. If Sonic can't spin around and kill things with his own two hands (or four feet, or whatever), it's just not Sonic.
At least, that's what I think, but then again, I don't know anything.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

curt_grymala wrote:What kind of a Sonic game is it if it has absolutely nothing to do with Sonic. I think its ridiculous to call it a Sonic game when (from the description you've given) it seems to have absolutely nothing at all to do with Sonic except the look of the character itself. The graphics (although I am not sure I would even dare to call them "Screenshots", because only one of them is actually computerized) are fairly nice looking, but that doesn't change the fact that the game does not follow the idea of any Sonic game ever made. IMO, all Sonic games have been characteristically "Sonic". You could never put another character in the Sonic games, and try to fool someone into thinking it was made for anyone but Sonic and friends. This game, however, sounds like it has absolutely nothing at all to do with any Sonic storyline ever created. Sonic in a shooter game? That's just not right. If Sonic can't spin around and kill things with his own two hands (or four feet, or whatever), it's just not Sonic.
At least, that's what I think, but then again, I don't know anything.
yeah and unless mario can jump on peoples heads with his own two feet and fire fireballs out of his own two hands its just not a mario game is it?, O wait then we wouldn't have mario kart would we :roll: , yes maybe its not a "Real" mario game, but it still does not make it fun.
Peet
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Peet »

Copyright issues obviously don't bother you at all..
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Peet wrote:Copyright issues obviously don't bother you at all..
if they did the wouldn't be so many fan based games that i enjoy so much most of the time :roll: .
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If there just giving it away the copyright issues shouldn't be that big a deal. It when you go to sell copyrighted material you get in trouble.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

give the guy a break! If he's on the level then we've got ourselves a new homebrew. He tries to inform us of a project and you shoot him down.

Welcome to DC Emu, durk. Best wishes for your project. 8-)
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

The site says Closed.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I guess they quit since it isnt like missing index or anything.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: