SURPRISE ANYONE?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by law »

yes, on imr?s page afaik
ImageImage
zulu69
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by zulu69 »

ok i have no idea what i need to do!
But i do know i want to play these gems on my DC!

Could anyone plz tell me where i could get nero images for each of these (or hint hint make some and post them up :wink: ). A site i read said that disk inducer can burn multiple emus on one cd?? Is there any plainly obvious faq that someone could direct me to (or as i said mayb if u do it 4 me.. i mean for everyone else....yes that should do it...)

Oh and how is the new version of turles meant to be burnt???

Sorry i am really new have been searching for ages got some idea but still dont really know.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

To get Selfboot Inducer files for the arcade emulators and the newest Selfboot Inducer 3.0, check out http://www.sbiffy.com

There's a tutorial for Selfboot Inducer included in the download of the program, and it will create Nero Images for you to burn.
qatmix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by qatmix »

I know its old, but I`d kill for Quartet Mame 4 player support! It really rocked and should run in full speed due to its age.

Also Supersprint and championship Sprint (atari) were amazing as a 3 player game
Venrog
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Venrog »

What I meant was that I did get the new Simpsons .sbi, and that I got farther with that than with the old one.

I'm using SI 2.1, by the way.
racketboy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by racketboy »

OneThirty8 wrote:To get Selfboot Inducer files for the arcade emulators and the newest Selfboot Inducer 3.0, check out http://www.sbiffy.com

There's a tutorial for Selfboot Inducer included in the download of the program, and it will create Nero Images for you to burn.
About Spiffy.com --- how do you get a login?
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

register for the forums... that'll allow you to access the "files" section on the Spiffy website.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

racketboy wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:To get Selfboot Inducer files for the arcade emulators and the newest Selfboot Inducer 3.0, check out http://www.sbiffy.com

About Spiffy.com --- how do you get a login?
Introduction wrote:Overview:

The downloads are password protected to somewhat discourage leeching, and to encourage forum participation. Your forum username and password are used to access the download area. Don't like this policy? Go somewhere else.

Once you have registered, do not share your password. If an abnormal amount of IPs are using the same account, it will be deleted.
racketboy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by racketboy »

I thought I read through all his stuff, but somehow I must have missed that.

Thanks, guys!

It looks like a cool site, BTW
sephiros
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Sorry

Post by sephiros »

Sorry for being dumb. but i need a explanation, im newbie..
I got the sbi.zip file
then opened it, with a inducer directory
i just need to overwrite the original inducer, put new one and make a image?
just it?
and sbi file doesnt have 1st_read.bin
why?
Blood! How revolting
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Cool - this place is n00b central!

Right, each of the 3 things I released over the last couple of days were SBI (Selfboot Inducer) files built for use with SBI v2.1 - sadly these releases also co-incided with the release of SBI v3 which is not compatible with these SBI files - hence a great deal of unfortunate confusion (because it's not nice to scare off people who are new to the DC - welcome by-the-way!)

So, if you don't already have Selfboot Inducer v2.1, go over to http://www.sbiffy.com and get v3 and the appropriate SBI file (note all of the recent SGAs have been done, m2_DDRAGON, m2_SIMPSONS, m2_VENDETTA and m2_XMEN).

As an aside, I don't like the 'single game release' mode that we seem to have got into, this is all just MAME recompiles and so you should get everything... heyho...

In general, once you've installed Selfboot Inducer, you'll have a directory structure with 'Sbinducr' as the top level - under there, is a directory named 'Inducer' - you leave that alone - there is another directory named, simply 'SBI' - you put the .sbi files that you want to include into that directory.

Now run 'Sbinducr.exe' - this shows a GUI. Start by clearing out any old things from your image by clicking the bottom button 'Inducer directory cleanup' - you only want to do this once, at the beginning of creating a new disk.

Now, click the top button, 'Sbi Extraction'. This extracts the files from the .sbi files you put in the Sbinducr\SBI directory and creates the beginnings of your cd image in the Sbinducr\Inducer directory.

OK, now bring up another window (I'm a command prompt weiner, but you might also use explorer) and take a look at Sbinducr\Inducer - you will see there are now some more files and directories there. Of special interest is the directory Sbinducr\Inducer\roms directory. This is where the zipped romsets for all of the .sbi files you extracted must go - copy them in there NOW...

(hint, if you are not sure what romsets you need to copy there, take a look at the .txt files that you will find in the subdirectories Sbinducr\Inducer\m2_...)

optionally, if you're feeling daring, you can also put png screenshots of each of the games (with names matching the rom names, eg. ddragon.png) in the Sbinducr\Inducer\snap directory - these show up in the GUI - but if you do do this, a word of warning, they're going to look a mess if they're not the right dimensions, I don't do any scaling, the dimensions should be 256x256 and 8bits per pixel.

Right, all files copied, to all directories mentioned (remember the snaps are most definitely optional) - you can go back the SBInducer gui and click on the 'Image creation' icon of your choosing, I use discjuggler - and it works great - but I have no reason to believe there is a problem with the Nero one.

What you end up with is an image file in the Sbinducr directory named 'Inducer.xxx' where xxx is either cdi or nrg etc etc etc

I know there has been a lot of confusion about all this, I have received several notes and PM's on how to do this - I'm not annoyed, I was there too once, but trust me, once you get the idea of it, it's a lot easier - SBI makes it loads easier than the other methods used to.

I hope this has been a long, rambling help - please feel free to point out where I went wrong!!!!
racketboy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by racketboy »

this thread almost need to be cleaned up an broken up.
it's kind of a mess or different questions/conversations.
sephiros
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by sephiros »

thanks a lot man!
Blood! How revolting
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

hint, if you are not sure what romsets you need to copy there, take a look at the .txt files that you will find in the subdirectories Sbinducr\Inducer\m2_...
Actually we put those files in Inducer\Readme\ now :wink:
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

All of you people did dump the rom from your own board didnt you...? :lol:
Silence is Golden
zulu69
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by zulu69 »

WOW Warmtoe that was what i was talking about. Perfect.
Maybe you guys should sticky that reply in burning faq or something. I havent found anywhere else where it was so helpful!!!
Thanks

Can anyone kindly put the best settings for each game. We all have the same hardware so it is relevant to all of us!.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

ok, ill mirror this at mamed. I played through it and sound is pretty slow. But the game itself is very playable under warmtoes settings.

b.t.w- Isnt this a cool game-

-Rockman Power battle
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

Is it possible to use pageflipping for smoother scrolling and bilinear filtering for a better stretch?
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

DcSteve wrote: b.t.w- Isnt this a cool game-

-Rockman Power battle
Yes it is. Any Capcom arcade game on the DC kicks ass.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

amen to that !!!! :P