How to turn rar files into self boot

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Darkwing
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to turn rar files into self boot

Post by Darkwing »

I know this nusy have been asked a thousand times, but everytime I go to the sites info page, it seems as though there is no information regarding the matter. I would like to know how to convert rar files (for example system 16 rar) into a selfbootable disc. Any help would be very much appreciated. :)
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep »

RAR is a type of compression (like ZIP) - you will need to extract it before burning it; most good decompression apps can do this like PowerAchiver, WinRAR etc.

When its extracted there will be either a disk image, which you just burn normally, or a .bin file which you should use with any of our self boot kits (check the needed tools page) to make a disk image from.