Police can't find warez groups, but I have their addresses?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep »

lim, if you spent a little more time READING MY GODDAMN POSTS and not searching the web for images to spam OT with, you wouldnt look like such a cretin.
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Garmo »

Nyarlathotep wrote:apparently some of you don't understand the concept of 'professional piracy' :roll:

Its things like WindowsXP in boxes nearly identical to the original that only an expert could tell the difference to, right down to professionally printed and packaged movies on DVD, CDs, Games etc etc etc.

And YES it IS mostly produced by PROFESSIONAL AND ORGANISED CRIMINALS.

Im not talking about Joe Lamer leeching a stack of ISOs from an FTP somewhere - I AM TALKING ABOUT PROFESSIONAL MEDIA 'PIRATES' - and YES it is WELL KNOWN that a large number of terrorist groups incomes are DERIVED FROM IT as well as from gun running and drug dealing.

its amazing that after reading this intelligent post, Lim and Sixteenbit STILL dont get it. jesus christ people, stop being retarted.
"Durrr. but i DL MP3z how can that make money for terroristz."
you fukcing idiots. IT DOESNT. *PROFESSIONAL* pirates do. God damn. did i HAVE to repeat it!? Nyar didnt say it clearly enough? Or are you just not reading other people's posts witht he assumption that you're already automatically right. you god damned 16 year old Technogeek wannabe know-it-alls need to pull your goddammed head out of your asses and spend a couple minutes listening to the people who know their sh it.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Garmo wrote: its amazing that after reading this intelligent post, Lim and Sixteenbit STILL dont get it. jesus christ people, stop being retarted.
:roll: :roll:
Did you even read my post?

I was agreeing with Nyar
:roll: :roll:
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Garmo »

aw shit.My bad, dude. I misread it. I thought it was a question mark so it looked liek you were disagreeing. my appologies.
My rant above goes to just Lim. And possibly any other jackass who htinks they can disagree with solid information and claim kingdom.

By the way, how come you got to say "Fuck" in your post? I really like saying fuck, and wouldnt liek to see it edited.
lim
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lim »

You guys are really dense, arent you? You're telling me, that some stupid cottage industry of "professional" pirates, sell copied software and garner lots of cash for terrorisits? *sigh* Ok, einstein(s). You win. :D
If they made *any* money, and they might, their true revenue comes from legitimate businesses making "donations", fake "charaties" collecting money for the poor, drug and weapon sales. Not freaking copies of Windows 98 se and autocad! I don't know anyone who buys software in the civilized world, save for a few, and I'm quite aware of places like Hong Kong and Budapest that are complete havens for bootleg material and people who deal in these circles are not white as snow, to say the least. But to try to make a solid correlation between "professional" pirates and terrorism is idiocy. If they made any money it would be fractions and haypennies of what drug money and legitimate businesses make. In Hong Kong or Budapest or Karachi, if some dimwit spends 5 rupees on a burned cd with Win 98 on it, he'll copy it and his friend will get it and a cycle begins of perpetual copying (because its so easy) and continuous losses for any vendor (legitimate or not) down the road. However, there isn't a ak-47 replicator or a crack coaine copier the spits out identical items in 15 minutes- like a cd burner does. Bootleg cd's might make some money, but don't kid yourself, it coudn't compare to the conceivable revenue other avenues would create. IF you really want to see something terrible, research the "blood" diamonds from Africa that the west buys. Warezing software is absolute GARBAGE compared to the financing of poverty and death.
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Garmo »

you dont seem to grasp that professional piurates dont give things away for free, or for discounts.
They pirate so welkl that they sell the software as REAL.They sell pirated copies of windows 98 to bisnesses and other parties (who tend to not knwo they're pirated and thin tehy are buying the real thing) at retail price.

its not liek some professional pirate is going to make all this software that looks origional, and sell it for 5$ a copy.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Garmo wrote:you dont seem to grasp that professional piurates dont give things away for free, or for discounts.
They pirate so welkl that they sell the software as REAL.They sell pirated copies of windows 98 to bisnesses and other parties (who tend to not knwo they're pirated and thin tehy are buying the real thing) at retail price.

its not liek some professional pirate is going to make all this software that looks origional, and sell it for 5$ a copy.
Sorry, I gotta be a little nitpicky here. "Pirate" is a pretty broad term. I mean, you could call the people that crack the program "pirates," like, with the DC "warez scene" echelon or kallisto, but the people that the software companies want to shut down are really the distributers of burned CDs. These people are generally more commonly known as "bootleggers." So, if we use those words, we MIGHT be able to say that professional bootleggers are the problem, and they MAY be funding terrorists with their excess profits.

I personally think that that idea is just the american media filling your brain with random crap as usual, but I could be wrong. Either way, that's not true. The people who are "funding terrorists," if terrorists are indeed being funded by bootleg profits, it's the average people shelling out the money for the software that are funding them. The bootleggers are just redirecting it. So, in short, if you have a problem with it, watch what you buy, or just shut up. The only way the average person can make a difference is by boycotting the bootleggers, (or sellers of things like blood diamonds, Nike products and the such). So stop whining and live your life properly, and maybe some day, everyone will.

[ Gets off Soapbox ]
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

sixteen-bit wrote:DOWNLOADING warez doesn't affect crime! :roll:
However, large organised groups selling CDr'ed copies of PSX, PC and PS2 games at a certain very large and well known market I know of does.

These people are linked to the groups that provide ""tax free"" smokes and you don't think that higher up the foodchain these profits are used for less-than-wholesome purposes?

[edited to remove my annoyance censor bypassing :oops: ]
Is the well known market anywhere near me in Lincolnshire because I know of one very well known and big outdoor market that has large organised groups selling CD-r'ed copies of pretty much everything (PSX, XBOX, PC, PS2, Audio CDs, some DC one's still!!)
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low