I can not close Windows Media Player 9 no matter what I do!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DJ Samba D »

I think the word censor is funny at the best of times - back onto topic anyway... I tend to use RealOne for most of my audio & video playback (occasionally also use Winamp 2.8) I definately never use Windows Media Player as its blatantly shit
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

DJ Samba D wrote:I think the word censor is funny at the best of times - back onto topic anyway... I tend to use RealOne for most of my audio & video playback (occasionally also use Winamp 2.8) I definately never use Windows Media Player as its blatantly shit
WMP > Realone
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

BSPlayer > (purchased RealOne > WMP > freeware RealOne > WMP5+)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

You may or may not be interested to hear that after a few days and half a dozen restarts the problem just went away. I think it might have something to do with the WMP taskbar settings playing up, but then I'm no expert.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

az_bont wrote:You may or may not be interested to hear that after a few days and half a dozen restarts the problem just went away. I think it might have something to do with the WMP taskbar settings playing up, but then I'm no expert.
that's what i love about microsoft. they invent a program that doesn't work the way you want to, goes wrong occasionally, and fixes itself without telling you.

i tell you, the stuff they're teaching me at uni doesn't even come close to the marvels that their stuff can do. i mean our programs are actually designed...
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Nyarlathotep wrote:BSPlayer > (purchased RealOne > WMP > freeware RealOne > WMP5+)
BSPlayer doesn't play audio, right? I had a verson on my computer that crashed with every audio file..

But it was king for video.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

DetunedRadio wrote: BSPlayer doesn't play audio, right?
BSPlayer does play audio
Hurricane Hasney wrote: Yes, someone edited it
thought so :lol:
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

I just downloaded the newest BSPlayer, and it still has some troubles with audio. Doesn't even sound as good as WMP, and crashes when I wanted to close the annoying window.
Nintenter
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Nintenter »

i use http://www.ultraplayer.com

ive had it on my computer for a year or so....its cool
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Mr. Hopeless wrote:i use http://www.ultraplayer.com

ive had it on my computer for a year or so....its cool
Agreed - I used it for a few months when a crappy Windows update rendered every other media player I had useless. Well reccomended, plays a lot, and it's the best all-round player I've ever come across - like Winamp 3 with less bugs and a better video playback mode.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!